IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please pray for my mother!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please pray for my mother!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please pray for my mother!
    Posted: 18 January 2012 at 9:40pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

My beloved mother passed away. She was a very patient and honest person. She also possessed many other qualities of a believing woman.

Please spare a moment and pray for her Magfirat. May Allah (SWT) bless her with Jannatul Firdous. Ameen.

May Allah strengthen my father and everyone in the family to bear the loss.

Wassalam,
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 7:11am

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi Raaji'oon ......

"Be sure we will test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives, but give glad tidings to those who are steadfast, who say when afflicted with calamity: 'To Allah we belong and to him is our return.' They are those on who (descend) blessings from Allah and mercy and they are the once that receive guidance."
(al-Baqarah: 155)

We ask Allah to forgive your mom and have mercy upon her - make her grave a place of rest and comfort, and bless her with paradise. I am deeply saddened at your loss, and may Allah reward your patience during this very difficult time.

Ibn �Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the mother of Sa�d ibn �Ubaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) died when he was away from her. He said: "O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died and I am away from her. Will it benefit her anything if I give in charity on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." He said, "Then I ask you to be my witness that I am giving my garden al-Mikhraaf (so called because it bore so many dates) in charity on her behalf." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 2756)

Abu Hurayrah reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My father has died and left money behind. He did not make a wasiyyah (a will); will it expiate for his sins if I give some of it in charity on his behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Nisaa�i)

Sa�d ibn �Ubaadah said: "I said: �O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died. Should I give charity on her behalf?� He said, �Yes.� I asked, �What kind of charity is best?� He said, �Providing water.�" (Reported by al-Nisaa�i)

Other deeds that may also benefit the deceased are Hajj and �Umrah on their behalf, after the living person has first performed Hajj and �Umrah on his or her own behalf.

�Abdullaah ibn Buraydah reported that his father (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "While I was sitting with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), a woman came to him and said: �I gave my mother a slave-woman in charity, and now my mother has died.� He said: �You have got your reward, and your right of inheritance has brought your gift back to you.� She said, �O Messenger of Allaah, she still had one month to fast � can I fast it on her behalf?� He said, �Fast it on her behalf.� She said, �She never went to Hajj � can I perform Hajj on her behalf?� He said, �Perform Hajj on her behalf.�" (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in his Saheeh, no. 1149)

This shows that it is also permissible to fast on behalf of the deceased.

Another thing that may benefit the deceased is to fulfil their nadhr (vow), because Ibn �Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that a woman came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: "My mother made a vow to perform Hajj but she died before she could do it. Can I perform Hajj on her behalf?" He said, "Yes, perform Hajj on her behalf. Don�t you think that if your mother owed a debt you would pay it off?" She said, "Yes." He said, "Then pay off what is owed to Allaah, for Allaah is more deserving of having vows fulfilled." (al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 7315)

Another thing that may benefit the deceased is if his relative devotes a share to him of a sacrifice he offers. When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) offered a sacrifice, he said: "In the name of Allaah, O Allaah, on behalf of Muhammad and the family of Muhammad" (reported by Muslim, no. 1967) � and the family of Muhammad included both the living and the dead.

Edited by abuayisha - 19 January 2012 at 7:14am
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 5:34am
Please accept my condolences on the death of your beloved mother!

"Those we love remain with us
For love itself lives on,
And cherished memories never fade
Because a loved one's gone.
Those we love can never be
More than a thought apart,
For as long as there is memory,
They'll live on in the heart."

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 7:47pm
Peacemaker: Inalilla he wa ina alai hay rajyoon
Pl accept my heartfelt condolence on the loss of your mother.  I know it is hard to accept the loss of anyone of the parents and particularly the mother; in my case her prayers stood as a shield for all the calamities that headed my way.
This occasion is sad one but when we remember that all of us are on the same trajectory which ends with same event. The biggest shock for the believers was the death of Prophet(s) himself; who reminded us that whatever happens to  a believer, it is to his/her credit if is patient. He said "it is a strange thing for a believer, everything is good for him not to anyone else. When good reaches him he is thankful; hence he is rewarded; and whenever he is hit by a calamity, he is patient and steadfast; and he is rewarded" (Muslim)
O Allah:
 Forgive those of us who are living and those who are dead, those of us who are present  and those of us who are absent, our young and our old  male and female.
To whomsoever of us You give life keep them faithful and whomsoever you take in, take them as believers.
Do not withhold the rewards of faith and try not after death.
Forgive her and shower her with mercy.
You are the forgiving and Merciful One.

Edited by Sign*Reader - 20 January 2012 at 8:26pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 10:17am
Walaikumsalaam wa rahmatullah

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon

Insha Allah brother, shall surely pray for her maghfirah.

May Allah swt bless you and your family {esp your father} with sabr-a-jameel.

I understand that nothing can fill this vaccum in our life when we loose a mother, but we are to face this fact but with patience.

May Allah swt make her grave one of the gardens of Jannah, and grant her jannat-ul-firdaus

Ameen
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 6:26pm

Assalamu Alaikum and hello forum members,

Jazak Allah Khair and thanks for your condolences and prayers. It is a fact that we all have to return to Him one day. May Allah (SWT) help us all in utilizing each moment in the best possible way.

May Allah (SWT) help us become better people with a renewed focus on the Hereafter, the eternal life, and we engross in this very moment and then every other moment towards that ultimate success.

Insha Allah, this event ushers in a new beginning for us with a new orientation towards making the ultimate end successful. And May Allah (SWT) bless her with all the blessings in that everlasting world.

Ameen
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 8:11pm

Ameen!

lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 11:58pm

Innah Lilaahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon. Brother, I understand your pain.  

It is not too late to get your entire family together and assign times for duas and prayers made to Allah (SWT) for your mother, so that she can be covered for 24 hours, for several days, or one day a week, etc. If this is impossible then one hour a day, or once a week,etc

Edited by lady - 23 January 2012 at 11:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic