IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How does a sister pray ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How does a sister pray ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharon..... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How does a sister pray ?
    Posted: 19 July 2011 at 2:02am
Greetings dear sisters,
being new in this so lovely islamicity community, i am like yourself am doing adjustments for improvements in our lives and self disciplines and all matters of worship to our ALmighty GOD ALLAH--insha ALLAH....
What i like to know in this post Please oh dear sisters, is how does a sister pray to God in worship??
..i havnt been to a mosque or closest area worship session yet as i dont have a hajib and right clothing just yet to respectfully worship so very well.......soon as i able yes

Do the sisters pray the same as brothers in the mosque or another way of prayer?

kind regards from sharon.....  

Edited by sharon..... - 19 July 2011 at 2:04am
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 9:02am
Originally posted by sharon..... sharon..... wrote:

Greetings dear sisters,
being new in this so lovely islamicity community, i am like yourself am doing adjustments for improvements in our lives and self disciplines and all matters of worship to our ALmighty GOD ALLAH--insha ALLAH....

Welcome dear Sister! May Allah (God) reward you greatly for your efforts!

What i like to know in this post Please oh dear sisters, is how does a sister pray to God in worship??
..i havnt been to a mosque or closest area worship session yet as i dont have a hajib and right clothing just yet to respectfully worship so very well.......soon as i able yes

Thats ok Sister. For Muslim Women, it is not compulsory to go to Mosques and pray. They can pray at home too - and they get the same reward. Kinda cool, no? Big%20smile If you don't have access to a mosque or other muslims, you can always use the internet. Islamicity.com is  a good website to do your homework.

A 'Hijab' doesn't need to be bought at the store. Any piece/sheet of clean cloth will do. You can use any scarf, or sheet to wrap yourself with... As long as it is long enough, not see-through, and comfortable. You can buy cloth at the store, cut it and use it :-)

You shall need to wear it on your head in such a way that it covers your hair & neck. All body parts should be covered [hands, feet, face can be left uncovered].

Found this site that explains how to pray:

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/salat/salat9.htm

I don't think it explains the difference b/w men & women's prayer though. But you can still pray anyway...

There is no difference b/w the acts/positions of prayer for men and women... The prayer is the same for all. Only minor differences in style. I am not too sure of the details of that. The only thing I can think of is that women fold their hands on the chest, and men on the navel. For that I hope some other member chips in to help...

All the best sis!

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic