IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Islam the right way?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Islam the right way?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Islam the right way?
    Posted: 29 November 2005 at 4:10pm

Greetings and Salutations!

No need for introductory here as I did so in the last category, but just wondering what this meant when I here Islam as the straight path.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 7:32pm

Seeking peace with The Lord of mankind and the worlds in general through obeying His commands and leaving what He forbids and dislikes. I ask you what other straight path to Him is there except this?

Seeking to please The God is the striving of every person of faith, wether jew christian or other. The way in which we do this differ, and the differences in the true ways are not a cause of injustice. In chapter The Table you can find:

5:48 And We sent down to you the book with the truth, confirming that which it contains of the book and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath sent down, and follow not their vain guesses away from the Truth that hath come to thee.[To everyone we made to be a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single community, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so race eachother to the good things. Your alltogether return is to Allah, then He will make known to you what it was over which ye used to differ in;]

Arabic for those who wish to examine this interpertation and this is nearer to the one of Yusuf Ali i guarantee you that if you know arabic take a look:

Waanzalna ilayka alkitaba bilhaqqi musaddiqan lima bayna yadayhi mina alkitabi wamuhayminan AAalayhi fahkum baynahum bima anzala Allahu wala tattabiAA ahwaahum AAamma jaaka mina alhaqqi likullin jaAAalna minkum shirAAatan waminhajan walaw shaa Allahu lajaAAalakum ommatan wahidatan walakin liyabluwakum feema atakum fastabiqoo alkhayrati ila Allahi marjiAAukum jameeAAan fayunabbiokum bima kuntum feehi takhtalifoon

Edited by Community
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 8:08pm

Those who have become of faith, those who where guided and guided with the guidance(follow the Jewish scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians(the saved ones or those who save),- whoever had faith in Allah and the Last Day, and did a mending work,- on them is no fear, nor are they in grief.

Chapter The Table, 5 verse 69 

for those who doubt my interpertation of the koran because of the Yusuf Ali interpertation and know arabic read the arabic and see for yourself if how i translate verses are wrong.

Inna allatheena amanoo wallatheena hadoo wassabioona wannasara man amana billahi walyawmi alakhiri waAAamila salihan fala khawfun AAalayhim wala hum yahzanoon

Edited by Community
Nima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 8:50pm

Community Thank you for your response!

I question you on your presumption that Islam is the "only way" as there are other noble faiths that assume similar messages. For example a Buddhist may find peace in the tranquility of a garden for the sake of obtaining a type of knowledge how is Islam any different? Is it for the purpose of just serving God? Quoting scripture is good but it doesn't answer my question.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 1:34am

The buddhist who may find peace in the tranquility of a garden for obtaining a type of knowledge, one who realizes that the garden is created and it is for him to sit in tranquility and that peace is from Him who has many names and one of them is The Peace(Assalaam) and all knowledge is from Him who His name is also The Knowledable(Al 'aleem). And that the knowledge he is trying to obtain is for the good and betterment of mankind. Serving Allah means doing a mending work as you can read in the verse above. And the verse above that explain about faiths that do differ but are ways to Him, to an abode of peace with Him.

Islam is an arabic word in english it would be Submission for the sake of peace, peace with Him and with this engagement, peace with His creation except those who choose to stand in the way to peace with Him by forbidding people to practice their faith. Ofcourse such unjust people can not obtain victory because it is His way they wish to block, He is The Just and He has the power to clear the way from such, He tests us against such people and when those who block His way take up arms against the faithful as to kill them or make them leave their faith, then that is the time for us to clear His way from the unjust. He is above all and everyone in Mercy, Justice and all the qualities we hold dear. No matter how merciful one is, He is always above. Allah is greater, always. Allahu Akbar is the arabic.

Edited by Community
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 1:48am
The Creator and Sustainer of everyone and everything deserves thank above everyone else, and the ones that work out of thankfulness to Him are blessed. In arabic ungratefulness/unthankfulness is the word "kufr" and in english kufr is translated as disbelief. So disbelievers according to the koran are the unthankful/ungrateful(kafiroon). And Satan is he who urges and tries to convince people to become ungrateful/unthankful. And Allah will certainly reward the thankful He says in His book.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 2:13am

O ye who have faith, fear(be concious of)Allaha and speak a speech that is firm, He will better your works and forgive you your debts(sins) and whoever obeys Allah and His sent one, then such has achieved a magnificent victory.

Edited by Community
Nima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 7:56am

Greetings Coomunity!

So with all my nerves and senses and all which I was created with my sole purpose is to thank God? Will God be any more perfect or any more precious to me or to the universe if I constantly thank him or would it better me as a person? Why do I have to thank God all the time?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic