IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cats and Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cats and Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sasha7604 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasha7604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:18pm
Hi,

I love cats too.

In fact my mum ever told me a story about her neighbour who hate cats so much, cos at times the cats pee or poo at his doorsteps. One day he went bizzarre and took 1 of the cats in a brown sack bag and hit it hard with a woood. How cruel is he!!!!!!
A few months later, his son got hit by a group of teenages. They cover his face with a brown sack bag, to suffocate and hit him with a baseball bat.
Um....retribution I guess.
My mum often tells me, never hurt animals esp cats cos there will retribution. Wonder its true?
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 9:17pm
That is such a touching story.  I can understand how difficult it was to make that decision.  There was one cat I had for 5 years when she got ran over.  I had no idea what to do with her since I lived in rental house and I had no where to bury her.  I ended up taking her to a animal hospital where she was cremated and her ashes were spread on a stretch of deserted beach by the hospital with other cremated pets.  Now it makes me wonder if that was Islamically okay though I wasn't muslim at the time it happened.  I was so hurt and upset and had no idea what to do.  I thought at least her remains would be in a beautiful place.

Inshallah you will not have to go through such a painful experience again.
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 7:05am
Agreed some people or even most might think it's some silly thought.And you know there's no coincidence in Islam.Everything happens biqaddar'llah!And we view things differently.Let me just say that,that sounds very typical of my evaluation.I would see it more as Allah listening&granting my wish at that moment than a mere incident of no meaningful interpretation.
Allahu Akbar!!!
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
FruitBodyWash View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitBodyWash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 11:24pm
I know this is an old post but... i love kitties too! :D and I just wanted to share a story with you.

I happen to have... a few cats.  My husband and I picked them each together.  Currently we are away from eachother (not by prefrence) but I still have to kitties to keep me company while we are apart.  Since we got them each when they were kittens they all have small individual personalities that take a little from each of us. 

One of my cats, Chips, the youngest became very sick.  He was loosing weight like crazy. the vet did test after test, and couldn't tell me exactly what was wrong or how to help.  Surgury was mentioned, though not recommended because it would most likely kill him in his condition. So, the vet reccomended putting him to sleep. I took him home, and tried my best to keep him comfortable. I bought him all kinds of treats and special cat food (that made the other cats jealous, but i had to get him to eat, he was starving to death with food under his nose) I searched and searched for an answer, if putting an animal to sleep was acceptable. The closest I came to an answer was that assisted suicide for humans is absolutely not acceptable, and given the same reason, I decided it was the same for animals. It was devistating to watch him wither away, but I know that Allah is not cruel, and when it was the right time, he would take Chips.

One night, after Chips had become so skinny that he could only walk when absolutly neccisarry, I remember saying to him (more to myself, but out loud) that it would soon end, and he would be in a place of comfort and happiness.  I told him how all this pain would go away, how he could eat as much as he wanted and have all the toys he could think of. In the middle of explaining this to him (and myself) I was overwhelmed with tears.  I lay back thinking it over and over, praying that his suffering would end. 

Then, the most amazing thing happened.  Chips, so weak that he couldn't walk unless he really really needed to, pushed himself up, and dragged himself over to me. He lay his head on my chest with his paws wrapped around me in a small kitty hug.  He lay like that for a while, (and I know cats don't like that position)  then he pushed himself up again and when back to his spot by my feet. 

So many things came to mind when that happened. But first and foremost in my mind was recalling that Allah controls all animals.   Here I was praying for Chips' pain to end (and mine for I was sufferying for him)  and I get what I beleive to be a hug sent from Allah through my cat. 

I know some may say it sounds silly, but I truely beleive thats what it was.  I know many people have worse problems, but at the time, being away from my husband, I needed a hug at that moment so badly and I didn't even no it till I got one. 

There is no God but Allah. All Praise and Thanks are to Allah.
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 12:41am

AS-salaam alaykum warahamatullah

Jazakallahu for the site references salaamswife.They're very useful.I tell you we really need to educate ourselves because it's very easy for people to give some unfounded claims on certain issues!!Thanks for sharing!!!

And Cassie,I love Rabbits.They're clean animals,but i have no clue the first thing about raising them.lol!

Too bad i couldn't view that Video on Cats.'think it's my system!!!

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 3:49pm
Absolutely
Her_Husband View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Her_Husband Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 3:43pm

so I can't keep a dog when you keep a nice beautiful wonderful cat in your home?

if that fair?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 3:36pm

Here is some information for you about keeping dogs:

"It is NOT haraam to own a dog, though it is not hygienic to keep a dog in the house."
http://www.islamicconcern.com/dogs.asp

http://www.worldofislam.netfirms.com/dogs.html

http://www.albalagh.net/qa/dogs_islam_prayer.shtml

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic