IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Islam the right way?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Islam the right way?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Andrea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Islam the right way?
    Posted: 30 November 2005 at 10:19am

Hi Nima,

You were created to glofiry God at all times, i.e. do things to make him happy.  God will not be more precious to you if you thank him or glorify him, it is the other way around.  You are precious to God.  God does not need you to be happy but you do need him since you were not designed to live a separate existance from him.  And you thanking him all the time glorifies him. 

Peace.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 10:17am

And peace to you Nima,

He is The Rich and is free of need, we need Him for everything, He gave us life, and He created everything we use and enjoy so the least we could do is do something good for Him, out of thankfulness. And yes that will make us a better person and the most important is, acceptance from Him. Guidance from Him is the thing we need to ask.

Edited by Community
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 8:15am
John 14:6 and jesus said "I am th way ,the truth , and the life, no man cometh unto the father but by me."
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
Nima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 7:56am

Greetings Coomunity!

So with all my nerves and senses and all which I was created with my sole purpose is to thank God? Will God be any more perfect or any more precious to me or to the universe if I constantly thank him or would it better me as a person? Why do I have to thank God all the time?

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 2:13am

O ye who have faith, fear(be concious of)Allaha and speak a speech that is firm, He will better your works and forgive you your debts(sins) and whoever obeys Allah and His sent one, then such has achieved a magnificent victory.

Edited by Community
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 1:48am
The Creator and Sustainer of everyone and everything deserves thank above everyone else, and the ones that work out of thankfulness to Him are blessed. In arabic ungratefulness/unthankfulness is the word "kufr" and in english kufr is translated as disbelief. So disbelievers according to the koran are the unthankful/ungrateful(kafiroon). And Satan is he who urges and tries to convince people to become ungrateful/unthankful. And Allah will certainly reward the thankful He says in His book.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 1:34am

The buddhist who may find peace in the tranquility of a garden for obtaining a type of knowledge, one who realizes that the garden is created and it is for him to sit in tranquility and that peace is from Him who has many names and one of them is The Peace(Assalaam) and all knowledge is from Him who His name is also The Knowledable(Al 'aleem). And that the knowledge he is trying to obtain is for the good and betterment of mankind. Serving Allah means doing a mending work as you can read in the verse above. And the verse above that explain about faiths that do differ but are ways to Him, to an abode of peace with Him.

Islam is an arabic word in english it would be Submission for the sake of peace, peace with Him and with this engagement, peace with His creation except those who choose to stand in the way to peace with Him by forbidding people to practice their faith. Ofcourse such unjust people can not obtain victory because it is His way they wish to block, He is The Just and He has the power to clear the way from such, He tests us against such people and when those who block His way take up arms against the faithful as to kill them or make them leave their faith, then that is the time for us to clear His way from the unjust. He is above all and everyone in Mercy, Justice and all the qualities we hold dear. No matter how merciful one is, He is always above. Allah is greater, always. Allahu Akbar is the arabic.

Edited by Community
Nima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 8:50pm

Community Thank you for your response!

I question you on your presumption that Islam is the "only way" as there are other noble faiths that assume similar messages. For example a Buddhist may find peace in the tranquility of a garden for the sake of obtaining a type of knowledge how is Islam any different? Is it for the purpose of just serving God? Quoting scripture is good but it doesn't answer my question.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic