IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sassy the Cat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sassy the Cat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sassy the Cat
    Posted: 26 March 2006 at 2:12pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

I have some good news about Sassy. My husband is friendly with one of our old neighbors and he spoke with him today and asked if they would feed her. The neighbor said that would be fine, and in fact, he and his family are moving into our old duplex the first of June.

He said that they will give her food at the duplex for now, and after they move in they will try to talk to her and let her know they are friendly. We are going to take them a huge bag of food tomorrow, and explain her little quirks, and then Insha'Allah they will take over.

I am sure Sassy will not come to them, she still runs from my husband and he was there when she was born, but at least she will have food and water and they will not hurt her, Insha'Allah. And I can probably go by every now and then and call her so she will know I still love her.

I am a little sad that she will still be alone and not at the farm with her mom and sisters, but Al HamdilAllah she will have food and be relatively safe.  And I will never forget her. I have one of her brothers, Nimur, and her litter mate and sister, Hedeya, and I always talk to them about her. Now I just have to say good-bye to her in my heart. Al HamdilAllah for everything.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 3:50am

Assalamu alaikum,

I'm so sorry that things didn't work out with Sassy, Sis.  There are so many things in this life that can leave us feeling sad, angry, upset, broken hearted, and these things can sometimes weaken our deen or our iman.  Be sad for your kitty but don't let the shaytan use this to hurt you....

Take this sadness and turn it into an opportunity to thank Allah for the time you did spend with Sassy and for the opportunity it gave you to show Allah your generous, compassionate and incredibly kind heart.

Thanks for letting us know how things turned out, I was wondering about it.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 5:38pm

Assalamu Alaikum Sisters:

This will probably be my last post on Sassy. I have not been able to catch her, I tried almost everything, but she managed to not get caught. Even tuna in the trap after not feeding her for 2 days didn't work. She just sat about a foot away and meowed.

I know a Sister that lives right around from my old duplex, and she puts food out for 3 strays, so she said that she would feed Sassy also if I could get her to come over to her yard. I have gone for the last week, in the floods and in the cold, to stand in her back yard and call for Sassy. Sassy never showed up, so today I finally couldn't stand it anymore and went to the duplex.

Sassy was waiting in the backyard. I can only assume that everytime I have called, she has come to the duplex and waited for me. She had a cut on her nose, and she was very thin. There were plastic trash bags in the carport because they are painting and getting the duplex ready to be rented, and Sassy had torn them open and dragged most of the contents out looking for food. She looked bad. She let me rub her very briefly, I felt her bones, then she skittered away. I gave her alot of dried food, and she ate quite a bit of it before she went to hide again.

On the way home I started crying because the reality of the situation hit me. I'm not going to be able to catch her, and I cannot keep going to feed her. I'm not even sure that going to my friend's and calling her is a good idea because she just goes and waits at the duplex. That is what makes me the most sad, thinking of her sitting there waiting for me to show up.

I am just really sad now, because I feel that I have abandoned her and she is hungry and scared and very confused. Perhaps this is a test of my complete faith in Allah. I think I'm not doing very well.

That's all.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic