IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need support - starting to wear hijab  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need support - starting to wear hijab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fattu View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need support - starting to wear hijab
    Posted: 13 February 2007 at 7:13am
i don't were hijab, but i really want to. how do i make my self to do it?
almostthere View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almostthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 2:28am
Originally posted by birizbiz birizbiz wrote:

A gift for you...

and more...

Assalamu-aleikum,

thank you sister, those are some very beautiful hijabs !

Do you have an advise for me, I am someone who feels hot very easily, and wearing hijab doesn't make it easier, and I work. Where I live it's very hot. Do you have any suggestions which hijabs and abayas are the best for hot weather? I am using mostly cotton hijabs, but I can't find any lightweight cottong abayas in a light color (black is beautiful but I don't want to wear it in the sun) 

THank you

almostthere View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almostthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 2:24am
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum Sister Almostthere

Alhamdulillah! You have decided to wear the Hijab and are convinced that it is your duty as a Muslimah. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala bless you in your decision. Ameen!

There are sisters on this forum who do not believe that this is an obligation, so every time this subject or similar ones are discussed, emotions run high.

Some where you have said that you recognised that, what is found online is a propaganda against Islam. Many will not agree with you but many others will agree.

You did the right thing asking for support � this is the role of the forum, we ask support, discuss even if we disagree and help each other strength our Iman.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala make things easy for you and all the sisters who know that Hijab is an obligation upon woman but still finding it difficult to take that first step. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam  

Assalamu-aleikum sister,

Thank you so very much for your encouraging words, it means a lot to me.

When I started the thread I wasn't aware this is such a hot topic, or I might have reconsidered

Sad though, that as Muslimah we can be so harsh against each other, when we practise a religion of tolerance, peace and understanding (this is just a general comment, not aimed against anyone in particular - just a thought I came across when reading some of the forum threads).

May Allah bless you sister !

UmmAminata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 6:51pm

Salaam

Sisters we like to trip out on each other hunh?

I just half to laugh some times

Sister Fattu

Allah does not ask nor does Allah require you to cooperate with your husband in harram issues.  If my husband wouldn't let me worship, I'd find another husband! Thats just me though. I'm not putting any man above the relationship with my Rabb {Lord}

Well wishes

Miriam

Mrs. Dia
fattu View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 5:38pm
I would like to wear hijab, but my husband does not give the support. He is an indian muslim, (in india hijab is less) .Should i do it with out his approval?
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 10:25am

As Salamu Alaikum Sister Almostthere

Alhamdulillah! You have decided to wear the Hijab and are convinced that it is your duty as a Muslimah. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala bless you in your decision. Ameen!

There are sisters on this forum who do not believe that this is an obligation, so every time this subject or similar ones are discussed, emotions run high.

Some where you have said that you recognised that, what is found online is a propaganda against Islam. Many will not agree with you but many others will agree.

You did the right thing asking for support � this is the role of the forum, we ask support, discuss even if we disagree and help each other strength our Iman.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala make things easy for you and all the sisters who know that Hijab is an obligation upon woman but still finding it difficult to take that first step. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam  

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
UmmAminata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 9:41am
I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND I AM JUST IN PURE SHOCK OF THE LACK OF KNOWLEGE OF THE WOMEN ON HERE . I HAVE BEEN A MUSLIM FOR 10 MONTHS NOW AND EVEN I  KNOW THAT YOU SHOULD BE COVERED AT ALL TIMES .IF YOUR HUSBAND DOSEN'T WANT YOU TO COVER THEN YOU SHOULD LEAVE HEM. HOW COULD YOU WOMEN SAY YOU ARE BELIVING WOMEN AND U DON'T COVER YOUR HEAD AND YOUR BODY. YOU SHOULD ALL FEAR ALLAH . YOU NOTICE THAT  I DON'T CALL YOU SISTERS CAUSE  MY IMAM TOLD ME NOT TO  GROUP MYSELF WITH PEOPLE LOOK LIKE Y'ALL. FEAR ALLAH , YOU SHOULD ALWAYS COVER OR FEAR THE HELL FIRE

Mrs. Dia
birizbiz View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birizbiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 9:22am

A gift for you...

and more...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic