IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Polygamy  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Polygamy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 4:39am
Ohh sorry , for i got you wrong then. I thought you wished to discuss else.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 4:50am

Ok sister, no worries

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
proudmuslima3 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proudmuslima3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 5:03am

Asalamu Alaikum

My sisters Yes im a practing muslim and im grateful that im able to ask for advise to other muslim sisters. I respect everyone opinion and i appreciate that u all r trying to help. Im battling with myself right know because i just cant keep my mouth shut, its really eating me up inside. I need clarification from him. Because hes a good man and follows Quran and Sunnah to the best of his ability, so far Alhamdulila, I have to ask him why, what r his reasons. Weve been married only 2yrs. and Alhamdulia for the most part hes been equal with us with the exception of this problem. I do get jealous many times but i get over it because i know that wheather i like it or not he has to do whats right and i do want jannah for him as he wants it for me.  I do know that no one is perfect and that he is not trying to hurt me but at times he does.

proudmuslima3 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proudmuslima3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 5:33am

sisters i do want to tell u all that im grateful for the opportunity to be able to talk to u all because in my community i have no one, the sisters here dont reach out to oneanother nor the women in his family and im grateful to Allah that he brought Islam in my life but at times i have gotten so deppressed because hes my only outlet. That i wanted to divorce him. Its so sad that as a new muslim no one here reached out to me.  You guys are more caring than his famliy. Dont get me wrong they are nice to me but as muslims i expected more from them. They did not embrace me as a new muslim, anyway may Allah guide us all, may Allah protect us all.

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 6:46am

Salaams ProudMuslim,

Yes it can be terribly isolating. May Allah forgive these women for treating you poorly.

We reverts, often go through a tough time in tis regard.. We often need support but often do not find it.  And we are often isolated georgraphically from each other.

Part of your feeling is that HE (your DH) is your only outlet. Yes we need to give to them. But if we remember in the Prophet's time, later in life he had several wives. So between them, his leading the community, his own prayer, educating, being a statesman, he was pretty busy! Plus back in that day, you worked to survive.. grow food etc.. Many of his wives helped with the poor, had their own businesses.. had each other..

What else do you do? Do you have any part-time work, do you volunteer, have hobbies?

I see nothing wrong with asking him, just you must pick your time and place...

Where are you sister? I private messaged you..

My Duas for you.

Hayfa

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 11:54am

Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

We reverts, often go through a tough time in tis regard.. We often need support but often do not find it. 

http://halfdate.com/

layalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 2:15pm

Thanks Abuayisha for the link! I added it to my 'favorite' list. Lot of info on it, I will have to return to it to 'sink' it in.

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 5:46pm

Assalamu Alaikum Sisters:

"Im battling with myself right know because i just cant keep my mouth shut, its really eating me up inside."

No one should ever have to get to this point. Asking your husband a question like this is not fitnah, but not asking could lead to feelings such as you are already feeling.

Salaams 

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic