IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cats and Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cats and Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 8:42am
Hi Chrysalis, i agree with you. I too have had 4 cat at the same time while I was a kid. Now i have one he's almost 10, he plays fetch with this rolled up stocking, I throw it down the hallway and oscar runs after it and brings it back.   
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 4:47pm
I got a kitten shortly after I posted this thread.  I had grown up with cats all my life.  My father's cat even stood guard at the entrance to my room when I was a baby and wouldn't let anyone in he didn't know well (to the utter frustration of my cat hating granma! lol).  Luckily no one in either side of my family has allergies to cats or much of any allergies for that matter (outside of the normal spring season allergies) thank God. 

I had several cats as an adult as well.  I just didn't have a cat at the time of posting this thread as my last one had passed away.  She passed away about the time I met my husband and married him.  At this point he had a say in having a cat though he knew my love for cats before he married me.  He has now resigned himself to having cats around.  We hope to have children soon inshallah, but we don't have any now.

Oh, my cat plays fetch too with the toy mice.  She can play for longer than we are willing to throw the mouse and even drops it on me when I am trying to sleep and meows at me begging to play.  Her name is Manfusha (fluffy in arabic, lol).

Edited by Salams_wife - 07 June 2008 at 4:50pm
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 9:29pm
my cat likes long distance, when he was little short distance was fine but not know, if you throw short distance he won't even bother going after it, lol! but when you throw long distance man he's off like a sprinter down into my room and then plays soccer on the floor boards, lol!

When I had my dog she wouldn't fetch, she would would watch the ball or frisbee but it was the cat that chased it, and with the frisbee Oscar would sit on top like as if its mine its mine LOL

Edited by Angel - 07 June 2008 at 9:30pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Salams_wife Salams_wife wrote:

We hope to have children soon inshallah, but we don't have any now.

Nice name for the Cat!!! :)

Oh, just thought that I'd mention . . .Pregnant women should stay away from Cat-Litter (Poop) . . . I think there is some scientific evidence that it can harm them. I read it somewhere online. Perhaps you could google tht to make sure.

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

my cat likes long distance, when he was little short distance was fine but not know, if you throw short distance he won't even bother going after it, lol! but when you throw long distance man he's off like a sprinter down into my room and then plays soccer on the floor boards, lol!

When I had my dog she wouldn't fetch, she would would watch the ball or frisbee but it was the cat that chased it, and with the frisbee Oscar would sit on top like as if its mine its mine LOL

10 for a cat is OLD! My My, Oscar is Masha'allah an old boy . . .yet from his antics he seems like a kitten! lol. He seems like a really cute and fun kitty.
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by Salams_wife Salams_wife wrote:

We hope to have children soon inshallah, but we don't have any now.

Nice name for the Cat!!! :)

Oh, just thought that I'd mention . . .Pregnant women should stay away from Cat-Litter (Poop) . . . I think there is some scientific evidence that it can harm them. I read it somewhere online. Perhaps you could google tht to make sure.

I have heard this too.  My father said he cleaned the litter box when my mother was pregnant.  I suppose I will have to convince my husband it is in our best interest that he clean the litter box if I become pregnant inshallah.  I wonder what he is going to say for that.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 8:13pm
The oldest cat I've had was 14 years old.

My next door neighbour's cat is going on 21 years, it was his father's cat.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 8:18pm
About the pregnancies:

If you have a cat, consider not handling the cat litter. It can transmit toxoplasmosis, a parasitic infection that can cause birth defects. Wear gloves while gardening in areas where cats may visit.

Edited by Angel - 08 June 2008 at 8:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic