IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Egypt  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Egypt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelion553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2014 at 4:05am
When ur brothers and sisters r in danger .please , don�t waste time and help them .unfortunatly ,these days .we saw muslims prefer to do their personal life instead of helping to their brothers and sisters .they prefer to be far from politic and only think to ordinary events like their salary and changing design of their home .i was thinking in our religion politic is very special aspect of Islam .we only pray and don�t have action .we only watch murders and has forgotten mean of Jihad .we watch hateful crimes against our dears in Myanmar and r silent .we hear unfair vote of Egypt about its nation and don�t say any thing .i can't imagine killing of more than 500 muslim in a country that has millions muslims .if every person only have 10 members in his family this means thousands people .This population wants to be silent and watch death of their dears ?They want to wait until this tragedy happen ?why they don�t want to speak with their government .i believe if nation want to do an impossible work ,it certainly happens
i try to say only facts
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2014 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by whitelion553 whitelion553 wrote:

.i can't imagine killing of more than 500 muslim i

Greetings whitelion,

Forgive me but I want to ask because this is a thing I see all too often... your phrasing of 'can't imagine killing of muslim'...
Why not 'people'?  Would it be ok if the people they were killing were not muslim?  Is this just a language difference between us and how we say things? 
I can not imagine the rush to judgement to have 500 people executed as Egypt has just decreed.  There was no fair trial and this to me is barbaric action.  One  that I would not expect from what was once an advanced civilization.
asalaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 27 March 2014 at 12:21pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
whitelion553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelion553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2014 at 10:00pm
Salam ,Caring heart .u r right ,thanks for reminding .I must edit my sentence violence against all is wrong . no difference among humans .I am not Arab ,too. And understood ur mind . there is not any difference among humans .all of us r creatures of 1 creator .color of our skin or our language or other features can't change this reality .it is our duty to defend from all people that need to our help .we can't say that we don�t save life of a person for his religion because it is really against humanity .most of other religions such as Christians help us in very bad conditions like flood , earthquake and � we have this duty in front of them ,too. Unfortunately nowadays only clothes of some people r belong to 21th century but their actions and behaviors r same of stone age. Allah hafiz.
i try to say only facts
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2014 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by whitelion553 whitelion553 wrote:

Salam ,Caring heart .u r right ,thanks for reminding .I must edit my sentence violence against all is wrong . no difference among humans .I am not Arab ,too. And understood ur mind . there is not any difference among humans .all of us r creatures of 1 creator .color of our skin or our language or other features can't change this reality .it is our duty to defend from all people that need to our help .we can't say that we don�t save life of a person for his religion because it is really against humanity .most of other religions such as Christians help us in very bad conditions like flood , earthquake and � we have this duty in front of them ,too. Unfortunately nowadays only clothes of some people r belong to 21th century but their actions and behaviors r same of stone age. Allah hafiz.

Greetings whitelion,

Thank you for your reply.  I am very pleased to hear this reply from you, and I hope that all people are able to think this way.

Salaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
whitelion553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelion553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2014 at 9:56pm
Thanks
i try to say only facts
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2014 at 8:44am
Thoughts:

Has anyone else, like myself, pondered about the Egyptians?
Here is a land, sitting in the middle of Africa,
but here is a people very unlike all other Africans,
they are a people distinct unto themselves, are they not?
Egyptians don't fall into the African category, the Arab category, the Asian category, the caucasian category, the Hebrew category....
Am I wrong?

Edited by Caringheart - 30 September 2014 at 8:45am
Blessed be God forever
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2014 at 9:24am
Caringheart wrote: Egyptians don't fall into the African category, the Arab category, the Asian category, the caucasian category, the Hebrew category.... Am I wrong?

When I read your above comment, my immediate thought was "of course Caringheart is wrong". As it turns out, it is my understanding of Egyptian demographics which is totally wrong.

I have always assumed that the "original" Egyptians are (primarily) the people we currently call Coptics, and the Muslims in Egypt are (primarily) Arab immigrants who moved into Egypt from the Arab Peninsula in the decades after Mohammad died.

From research I did today, I discovered:

1) "Egyptian" is considered to be both an ethnicity and a nationality
2) Egyptian Coptics and Muslims are essentially identical genetically, and
3) there doesn't appear to have been any significant mixing of Arab or other ethnic groups into the Egyptian people.

To me, the fact all Egyptians belong to the same, unique ethnic group makes the hatred between Egyptian Christians and Egyptian Muslims even harder to understand.

Edited by Reepicheep - 30 September 2014 at 9:26am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2014 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

To me, the fact all Egyptians belong to the same, unique ethnic group makes the hatred between Egyptian Christians and Egyptian Muslims even harder to understand.

Thumbs%20Up  precisely  Smile

I can't understand how this people came to be, right in the middle of Africa.
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic