IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - dutch bans burka  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dutch bans burka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 11:23am

another thing to note... women are far more vulnerable then men to assualt, rape etc.  That is reality.

I agree with Herjihad when she talks about how little support this is for women who become Moslems. Especially from Moslems themselves. Some don't see the need, others are just taking care of themselves and their families.  

To walk alone is a lonely journey at times. Yes there are 'no excuses', but we need to show people more concern and caring.. that is our responsibilty as fellow humans.  Yes my decision to be a Moslem makes me belong nowhere with any group. And Yes the next life inshallah will be better. But it can be lonely indeed.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 9:24pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Your local shaykhs did not make the law in Islam nor are they Qualified to come up with new law on established matters like the Hijab.

It seems to me you are stereotyping men based on your experiances with a few. Do you assume all scholars and men are like the ones in your area?

What is occuring to you in your area is not the topic or issue. If you do not want to wear the hijab that is your business, we have more muslim women here who dont wear it than you can imagine so dont stereotype me as someone who looks down on these sisters i never have and never will but Allah has instructed us to dislike what is wrong not the people.

You are not the only one who is having issues with there local shaykhs and muslim institutions. I can tell you now the brothers here are just as ignorant as anywhere else, everytime they do something wrong it is plastered all over the news and i am not talking about terrorist activities so you are not the only one facing public pressure.

"Unfortunate in a sincere way", i hope the tone is a little more clear.

I suggest you read more books about Madhabs, the ones that existed before they were reduced to four.  How much knowledge was lost or thrown away?  (My reference books were stolen years ago.  So I'm suggesting that it would be elucidating for you to study this topic more.)

No madhhab existed beffore the four, there were different groups but not madhhabs, there have been many other madhhabs through out Islams history but only these four have survived. Imam Abu Hanifa was the first to codify Islamic law into a coherant system rather than fragmented teaching.

>>Abu Hanifa is the first in Islam to organize the writing of fiqh under sub-headings embracing the whole of the Law, beginning with purity (tahara) followed by prayer (sala), an order which was retained by all subsequent scholars such as Malik, Shafi`i, Abu Dawud, Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi, and others. All these and their followers are indebted to him and give him a share of their reward because he was the first to open that road for them, according to the hadith of the Prophet: "He who starts something good in Islam has its reward and the reward of those who practice it until the Day of Judgement, without lessening in the least the reward of those who practice it. The one who starts something bad in Islam will incur its punishment and the punishment of all those who practice it until the Day of Judgement without lessening their punishment in the least." Al-Shafi`i referred to this when he said: "People are all the children of Abu Hanifa in fiqh, of Ibn Ishaq in history, of Malik in hadith, and of Muqatil in tafs�r."<<

I dont see the point or relavence of brining this up are you sugesting that since other madhhabs existed these four are some how wrong. Do you know what the diffirences between them is, it is very minimal but a person can not understand this unless they know what it is exactly a madhhab does to arive at certain rulings.

btw there arent a plethora of scholars whom this ummah believes rasul allah has spoken about
it is maybe a handfull at best, among them is imam al mahdi.

Imam Malik is the connection of the entire Islamic Community to the knowledge of the Sunna as the scholars of the Prophet�s city (al-Madina) preserved it. This reference-point of his school of jurisprudence is observed time and again in the Muwatta� with the phrase: �And this is what I have found (or seen) the people of knowledge practicing.�

Abu Mus`ab recounts the following story:

I went in to see Malik ibn Anas. He said to me: �Look under my place of prayer or prayer-mat and see what is there.� I looked and found a certain writing. He said: �Read it.� It contained the account of a dream, which one of his brothers had seen and which concerned him. Malik recited it [from memory]: �I saw the Prophet in my sleep. He was in his mosque and the people were gathered around him, and he said: �I have hidden for you under my pulpit (minbar) something good � or: knowledge � and I have ordered Malik to distribute it to the people.�� Then Malik wept, so I got up and left him. [145]

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 3:22am

Bismillah,

The brothers want control, power and domination over their women and many do not take the responsibility, even of proper food and clothing and shelter and medical attention. 

I have lived all over the world and know how sheikhs and brothers have treated their families.  If it were just me having a hard time, that wouldn't be such a problem.  It is most of the sisters that I have met.

If you don't want to research the other men who did not make it to the final four, that is up to you.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 9:48am

So most men are mistreating there women,that is a very genrelised sweaping comment which is inccorect.

What is the relavence of your comment of other scholars who did not make it into the four madhhabs what does that have to do with anything? This seems to be an acusation of muslims getting there own religion wrong for the past 1400 years if this is the case then please dont bother. Not even our salafi brothers disagree with the status of these Imams, i actualy dont know of any group that does not acknowledge there status in Islam.

Do you understand what it is a madhhab actualy does. Imam Abu Hanifah had many expert prominanat teachers but beffore him there was not other madhhab only schools this again goes back into actualy knowing what it is a madhhab does ie What Usul al Fiqh is what Qawaid al fiqh or Usuliah are.

If you can not be more specific i cant address any specific issues you are atempting to raise.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 6:48pm

Bismillah,

There is a lot of violence in the world, and men lead in that department according to facts, statistics, studies and just stories.  The issue in this topic is the fact that men need to stand up beside their women and wear distinctively Islaamic clothing when they require the women to do so.

Men need to support their wives.  I know too many who make excuses and don't do it, and mistreat them at the same time. This is a topic to you:  it's our lives that we're living right now.

I read about some wonderful Muslim scholars who "didn't make the cut".  The knowledge they possesed was gleaned from the Holy Prophet Muhammad, pbuh. What about the grandchildren of Muhammad, pbuh?  If things were left out that explained other things, that is an important fact for us to consider.

Don't read about them.  I'm not trying to push you.  It was a suggestion.  Okay.  I get it.  You're not interested.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 9:23pm

There is a lot of violence in the world, and men lead in that department according to facts, statistics, studies and just stories.  The issue in this topic is the fact that men need to stand up beside their women and wear distinctively Islaamic clothing when they require the women to do so.

How does this prove all men are neglecting there duties to there wives.?

You can not claim certain things are haram and halal to other muslims based on what you feel or claim that men should wear distinctive clothing what is in the Quran and sunnah is clear you are not better than Allah and his messenger.

Your argument concerning the madhhabs is baseless, read what i wrote to br Ahmad, he was questioning whether we should use the Tabiin as a basis for shariah law.

The sources for Shariah law in Islam are the Quran, Sunnah, Sayings and actions of the companions and tabiin.

A tabii is a person born to the first three generations after the companions, this obviously includes the prophets grandsons who were companions and the actions of any person who came beffore the time of Imam Abu Hanifah including Abu Hanifah himself since he was a tabii. The madhhabs use all that for shariah, these scholars you are talking about are the ones who taught these Imams they didnt do anything for them selfs.

Please don�t assume that i know nothing about the comanions and other prominent scholars prior to Imam Abu Hanifahs time for you to be aserting that i am not interested.

What is a Madhhab?

A madhhab is, first and foremost, a precise methodology which scholars use to derive Islamic rulings. Each madhhab differs slightly in its methodology, and this causes them to have slightly different rulings in some cases, however the differences are usually on minor and secondary points. All four agree on the basic belief system of Islam, and on the majority of their rulings, and they do not constitute separate sects, denominations, or groups within Islam. They also agree on the basic beginnings of their methodology: that the primary sources of Islamic rulings are the Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet, peace be upon him. Their differences come over more minute and difficult issues, many of which are not possible to resolve. For example: how to reconcile apparent contradictions between two texts, when there is more than one acceptable interpretation of an Arabic word, or when there is an issue (especially contemporary issues) which no text in the Qur'an and Sunnah explicitly addresses. In some cases, scholars within a particular madhhab can have different opinions as well.

Many people, however, conceptualize madhhabs as just collections of rulings, mainly because people in search of an answer to a particular question of Islamic law such as whether something is halal (permissible) or haram (forbidden) will consult the rulings of the particular madhhab they follow. Some incorrectly believe they are a merely collection of the "opinions" of the Imam for whom it was named. On the contrary, a madhhab is a collection of rulings based on the Qur'an and Sunnah, using the sophisticated methodologies for deducing these rulings that were developed by the Four Imams. So when a person looks for a ruling "of a particular madhhab," he is actually looking for the rulings that have been deduced by scholars who are applying the methodology of that madhhab.

These rulings were not just compiled over a short period of time. The methodologies and the rulings have been reviewed and refined by the scholars over hundreds of years, up to and including the present day.

By Umm Nabeel Taken from www.modernmuslima.com

Understanding Madhhabs: A Beginner's Guide and FAQ

Edited by rami
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 3:21am

Bismillah,

I didn't mean all men, just many.  Men try so hard to be powerful they forget to be our protectors and supporters, their main jobs!

I like the hijab and burka better than the public bikini wearing thing.  Brothers need to support their women and wear similar, recognizable Islaamic clothing.  Who am I to say this you keep asking?  A Muslimah with a brain and a heart and a soul whom Allah, SWT, loves.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic