IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Great news from Kuwait  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great news from Kuwait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 10:41am
In general, women are sensitive. To be good, one is required to be insensitive to minor inconveniences that one faces to alleviate the greater sufferings of the other. If men listen to their women, women will create even greater divisions amongst them by make them act more selfishly.

Also, women are physically weaker than man. Nature has clearly made them to work at home. Entire foundation of civilized society rests of the precondition/assumption that women work at home, unless absolutely neccessary. As can be seen in the Western society, if women are allowed to work/go outside home, licnentiousness and prostitution(in various forms) increases, as interaction between man and woman is greatly increased.

There are exceptions amongst woman, though, but they are almost impossible to identify.

Edited by ZamanH
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 4:21pm

?????????

So women, therefore, are more aware of what is needed among people living in ordinary society. Which some men cannot know because they spend all their time in the office.

Men in power make decisions that affect women's lives, so women should be able to help choose who makes those decisions.

Women are more sensitive? Maybe. It's also a proven fact that men are FAR more likely than women to be either geniuses or insane.

WHO is more sensitive? Men are genetically "inferior", having no second X chromosome to counteract any dodgy genes they might be carrying around. Therefore, they are more prone to mental illnesses and the like.

And we let them vote and be in power?

If women are more sensitive, then it's THEM who should be in power because they are able to better know what people want and need.

Your points are ridiculous, insulting and mostly irrelevant.

Kim...

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 5:38pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Seems to me that men have pretty much run the world up to now.  Seems to me they have done a very miserable job.  Let's face it, the world is in a real mess.

Perhaps if men listened to their women a little more, things could change for the better.

I do agree with brother Zaman that women are best suited to work at home, and should, excepting cases where they must work outside the home from neccessity. 

But, I firmly believe all people should try to keep themselves informed about issues in their homes, communities and the world at large.  All people should work together to build better families, communities and society.  And most certainly, all people should have a say in the decision making processes that affect them.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 7:04pm

Ummziba, who do you think would make a better gynaecologist? A woman or a man?  Who would make a better counsellor (medical, psychological, whatever) for women? A woman or a man?

Just some examples. Chances are that many women are BETTER at certain jobs than men. Should these women be forced to stay at home if it is NOT absolutely neccesary for them to work (like, if their husband earns lots of money). These women could be out doing a BETTER job in the workforce than many men. Would you have them stay home? Islamically speaking - how many women would _prefer_ to see a male gynaecologist? Do you think if they couldn't see a female doctor, they might just stay home and suffer in silence?

But I agree with your other point - everyone is part of society, so everyone should have a say in the running of their society, and this includes voting for the people they want to make the decisions on their behalf. (ie: the politicians, not their husbands!)

Kim...

Edited by kim!
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 8:03pm

There is no BETTER or WORSE when it comes to discussing genders... In Islam there are appropriate and not so appropriate occupations when it comes to genders. A female gynaecologist is not so much "better" but appropriate... A "male gynaecologist" in stricter terms Islamically is an oximoron...

Who do you think will make a better mother? A man or a woman? Sounds absurd, doesn't it? But with current world affairs you never know how deep into absurdity we shall dig... and how soon.   

MOCKBA
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

There is no BETTER or WORSE when it comes to discussing genders... In Islam there are appropriate and not so appropriate occupations when it comes to genders. A female gynaecologist is not so much "better" but appropriate... A "male gynaecologist" in stricter terms Islamically is an oximoron...  

Ok, but if a society happened to decide that women should only stay home because they're better at staying home than men, one assumes they would not be allowed to become doctors, because there would be no point. ie: All women get married, all women stay home, all women have no need for education.

Do you see what I mean?

And since a male gynaecologist is an oxymoron in some societies, where do women go?

Kim...

Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 10:30pm

Hmmmmmmmm if it is true that women should not work out of their home....what will you all do that have maids? Cook your own food? Take care of your own children? Clane your own house?  That is insulting that a woman should stay at home because she is better at it? I support my whole family on the paycheck and WORK that I do. It is my insurance they use when they need a doctor and it is my money that buys the food on the table and the house we live in. So, without this woman working........my family would starve and have no shelter or medical care. And as for weaker?   I have taken 200 kg men to the ground before. Not all women are made and taught they are weaker.

Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Lamees

kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 10:46pm

Lameese! There you are! We haven't seen you in ages, I think!

Or have I been hiding under a rock...?   

Nice to see you again!

Kim...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic