IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cats and Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cats and Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 9:50am

Actually, I think it is great to talk about how amazing Allah's animals are.  I have read many of those stories too.  I think especially if you give a lot of love devotion to animals, then in their way, they pay you back for all of that.

I got a kitten myself and she loves to follow me around the house wherever I go.  I never feel alone with her to remind me of her presence and needs.

lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 12:54pm

AS-salaam alaykum warahamatullah

I've got no pets at all,but would have loved to keep kittens!!!

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 2:56am

Cat People Unite!

Here's a video present for all of us.

The one of the cat going round and round the carpet has left me with tears streaming down my face!!! LOL

FUNNY CATS...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5hliTiUyk

P.S. I also have a house rabbit.  Highly recommended for sheer entertainment (don't ever let anyone tell you that rabbits are boring!) but a bit hard on electric cables.  Ouch!

Her_Husband View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Her_Husband Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 2:11pm

alsalam alaikum,

Ok, now that is an interesting, lovely and happy subject,

Well, now I guess Salams_wife will say that she wants to get a cat too and call her some fluffy name or something and then wants to keep her cat in her home and make her husband even more jealous, I wish if I know how women think, ok Salams_wife, since you are trying to raise a cat in your home then I will try to raise a dog in my home and we will see who is going to win!! the dog that I will raise in my home or the cat that Salams_wife will raise in her home,

Someday we will see, it seems like a battle between men and women is going to start here!

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

alsalam alaikum,

Her_Husband

Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 3:36pm

Here is some information for you about keeping dogs:

"It is NOT haraam to own a dog, though it is not hygienic to keep a dog in the house."
http://www.islamicconcern.com/dogs.asp

http://www.worldofislam.netfirms.com/dogs.html

http://www.albalagh.net/qa/dogs_islam_prayer.shtml

Her_Husband View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Her_Husband Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 3:43pm

so I can't keep a dog when you keep a nice beautiful wonderful cat in your home?

if that fair?

Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 3:49pm
Absolutely
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 12:41am

AS-salaam alaykum warahamatullah

Jazakallahu for the site references salaamswife.They're very useful.I tell you we really need to educate ourselves because it's very easy for people to give some unfounded claims on certain issues!!Thanks for sharing!!!

And Cassie,I love Rabbits.They're clean animals,but i have no clue the first thing about raising them.lol!

Too bad i couldn't view that Video on Cats.'think it's my system!!!

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic