IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Niqab! Wajib or Sunnah?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Niqab! Wajib or Sunnah?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Niqab! Wajib or Sunnah?
    Posted: 30 July 2005 at 8:14pm

Asalamu Alaykum

I would like to know whether the niqab is wajib or not. Please tell me your thoughts and reason why.

Salaam.

Saido View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 8:57pm
 Can someone please answer me. I have to present this topic on Thursday.
queenie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 4:47am

I don't think its a sunnah? or wajib? in fact it seems more of an innovation (biddah)........if you look at the niqaabs that sisters wear nowadays, they are nicely stiched, with buttons at the back etc? I have never heard of any women from the sahabah or being described as wearing such garments. (when did they find the material and time to stitch?)...All i've heard of is covering of the one eye with the veil...ie drawing it forward to hide the face........anyhow, may allah reward the sisters that choose to wear the nikaabs!

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 6:50am
Why do something invented that is not required? I don't think it is practical or needed for a woman to be covered from head to toe. In many parts of the world women still milk cows and do many activities outdoors. Imagine if they had to wear a Niqab and gloves and have thier feet covered. They would do what, just stay inside!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Saido View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 1:22pm

Asalamu Alaykum

Jazakullah Sister Jenni and Queenie for your point of view. But can you tell me why you think that it is sunna,wajib or an innovation?Like with saying of the Prophet PBUH. Again Jazakullah!

aisha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 8:41am
salaam,didnt our prophet say that all that should be seen of a women is this and this,while pointing to his face and hands,i heard that the prophets wives wore  a veil in markets where there tends to be a lot of men and that they had to return quickly,but ive never read any text to say that niqarb is a must,personaly i think niqarb (if worn in  western counrtys)causes to much bad attention from non-muslims.hope this helps. 

Edited by aisha
aisha
Saido View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 8:48am

Asalamu Alaykum

Sister Aisha I am a bit confused. You said that the Prophet said that the hands and face can be see.Then why do some Muslim argue if it is wajib if the Prophet said it's ok.I wish to learn the sanad to this hadith, not that I am doubting or anything, I just want to memorize it.

Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 4:41pm
If is there any fitna danger in the community, women should cover their faces. If there is no danger as fitna, niqab is not necessary.

I read so many things related niqab's necassity however they are all in turkish.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic