IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shabe Barat (RE: Womens’ Issue)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shabe Barat (RE: Womens� Issue)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fear_Allah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 4:20pm

Alsalam alikom w rahmat Allah w barakato,

Bismillah arahman arahim,

I found a good article about that matter.It's long and rich.You can read it on this web site as I can not bring it here.The author says"NO COPIES"...

I hope it can help all of you sisters...

Alsalam alikom w rahmat Allah w barakato.

Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:25pm

Salam, Fear_Allah & all, Firstly. F/A, i'll make u less  Sister - he doen't want you to make copies incase some mean person takes credit for their work (and efforts they've put into producing their work).

*Islamic Girl*
Fear_Allah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fear_Allah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 3:52am

Alsalam alikom w rahmat Allah w barakato,

Bismillah,

ummmmmm.......

Alsalam alikom w rahmat Allah w barakato...

Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)
Kashif Adnan Kh View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashif Adnan Kh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:05am

Assalamualaikum:

As u asked for the question that the touching of Quran.As i heard and watched Dr.Zakir Nayek's Bayan.In it he says that when HazratMohammad (PBUH) was sending letters to Kuffar he wrote Bismillah and Aayats from Quran and convay the message of All Mighty Allah to them.There were no ristrictions to tuch that letter.Because there were no way to persuade them towards Islam.So Dr. Zakir Nayek Says if you dont give Quran to non muslims or dont show them or dont allow them to tuch it and read so how can you persuade them and convey the message and get them out from the darkness of Kufar.This is allow to tuch in that sense.The respect is must but, will you ask the non muslim that first change ur religion and then come to know what is Islam.

Thanks

Allah Hafiz

IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 2:32am

Salam..

You Quoted: 

...if you dont give Quran to non muslims or dont show them or dont allow them to tuch it and read so how can you persuade them and convey the message and get them out from the darkness of Kufar.This is allow to tuch in that sense.

My Response:

I agree with you 99.9% Kashif Adnan Kh, however.. it would be logical to tell the non-Muslim to shower and be as clean as possible before touching the Holy Qur'an, right...?

I mean, if they are that interested to learn about Islam, they'd respect that much wouldn't they...?

*Islamic Girl*
najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 7:40am

As far as I know, it is the mus-haf that is not to be touched in the state of impurity.

The mus-haf means the quran in the arabic script.

A non muslim or anyone can touch and read the translation.

I am pretty sure about this information. However I would like people to verify this before making a decision as I cannot provide references at this moment.

-Najamsahar

najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 7:44am

Kashif,

www.irf.net

website of Dr Zakir Naik's foundation.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 8:05am

Najam,

But what about Christian Arabs?  Or Jewish Arabs that speak only ARABIC....how are they to learn?  Besides, a translated Quran is an altered Quran.  I have found that I have to read several translations of certain ayats to get the meaning.  Thus I started (rather unsuccessfully) to learn Arabic so I could read it in its purest form. 

With the corruptions in the Bible over the last 2000 years, I distrust translations, even if they are done by believers in the texts. 

But IslamicGirl is right, when I was gifted my Quran, the sister gave me a list of instructions on how to care for it.  Bath, (she actually sent me a word document on how to do Wudu), never touch it during your period (this is hard, sometimes I cannot touch it for 3-4 weeks because of this one) and never put it where it would get dirty or after sex.  So, my Quran sits atop my TV stand (the highest place in the room) with my sandalwood dhikr beads and doesn't get pulled down very often.

The reason I asked about the ruling on the period was because of those women like me with irregular ones.  3-4 weeks would be a long time for a muslim woman to not be able to read Quran.  And we must remember that only 1% of the world's population own computers.  Thus the argument they can read it online is invalid.  What happens to the Muslim woman who now had to go back to prayer, but cannot touch her Quran.  (My mother bleed for 6 months straight before her hysterectomy, I'm sure that this happens to Muslim women too)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic