IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - fulfill my haqq or grant me a talaaq  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fulfill my haqq or grant me a talaaq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 10:56pm

salaam

the problem that i have is that, his first wife is not co operating and this is working to her advantage, because she refuses to accept me as a co wife, she makes it very difficult for us to spend time togther, more especially nights.

i feel like she is using the kids, to have her own way with him n it seems to be working. that in turn is frustrating me n is affecting my marriage. we were together last nite, but i was very depressed. i cried alot too. then i told him to leave me alone n never return to me. i did all this out of anger and hurt.

he keeps asking me what do i expect him to do in these circumstances. i dont know what to say to him. even this morning, as he left, i cried so much.

he complains that im always fighting with him. but waht cause do i have to be in  a happy mood, and kind and civil towards him, when hes hurting me everyday.

he has told me that he needs advise from some brothers who are in a similar situation. so if there are any brothers who are in this situation or if anyone knows of any sites for help for a brother in these circumstances, please assist.

we are really desperate now as we have reached a dead end n dont know what to do

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 11:48pm

Bismillah

Assalamu'alaikum Sister,

It is not likely that anyone would be able to achieve the perfect balance in pleasing all his wives equally in polygamous marriage. From your own initial description it looks like he had the right intention, with modest approach and is trying his best without having to resort to divorce, abandoning kids and causing hurt to any of the parties. You should be able to support him and not compete with his first wife demanding strict share of your dues. 

If you love him, you will be able to understand him and his situation... he is probably under so much pressure and yet there isn't anyone whom he could sincerely turn to despite having two wives...

Consider cases where men marry second and third and fourth wives only to leave their previous families completely abandoned...

And pray to Allah to show you the Straight Path.

MOCKBA
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 12:05am

thanks for the response Mockba

i do love my husband very much and dont wish to end the marriage. Even last night he told me that he doesnt wish to end the nikah. he said to me if he gives me a talaaq, who will he be pleasing, His first wife? then he said no, he cannot do that. he has to please Allah SWA.

he also did tell me that hes under alot of pressure n that he gets easily agitated. he says that his level of Imaan has dropped tremendoulsy and that some times hes even ashamed to face me or my parents or my children, knowing what his putting me through

he told me that each day he struggles to live with the consequences of his actions (i.e the fact that he abandoned me and went to live with his first wife).

i want to love and support him. i do want to be patient. but at times i get out of control n i just say n do nasty things. he even told me last nite that hes afraid that im now starting to despise n hate him

I perform 2 rakaat salatul hajaah (nafl)every day begging and pleading with Allah swa to guide my husband and sho him the right way. i pray that his heart be filled with love n compassion for me n me for him. i even pray that the first wifes heart be softened and that at least she be more accomodating and undertstanding

i guess i have no choice but to be patient and keep prayer. Insha allah , my prayers will be answered all in good times, as Allah knows best

emsereen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emsereen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 5:23pm
Asalam Alaikum sister,

I almost entered a similar situation with my ex-husband myself. We were
married 12 years and he asked for a second wife only because he wanted
one to please his family. He is Palestinian and I American. They were not
pleased he did not have an arabic wife. So I could not agree and
divorced. After one year he came to me pleading to remarry. I gave in and
suggested trying to combine our families first. He had a new wife and
child on the way. She was very young and did not agree. I found myself
trying to console her. I went the Imam once a week for counseling and
realized this would not work.

Not all situations can work. We try and following the deen but Allah (SWA)
doesn't want us to be unhappy either. If you both are really committed to
this marriage, you should go the Imam and also try to meet with your co-
wife and bond. Make her feel you are not here to steal him away but the
co-exist within Islam.

Good luck to you,

Salam
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:17pm

thanks esmereen

i have downloaded a book called polgany and the first wife. its written by a first wife regarding what she went through, when her hubby married a second wife. i discussed it with my hubby n he has said he will ask a close family memeber, someone older to give a copy to the wife

we are hoping that this will be an eye opener to her. she doesnt really hate me, as hubby advsied that she speaks fondly of me at times. yet at the same time, she refuses to accept me. hubby n i think she is being influenced by friends. i do believe that she has a good heart. shes also beautiful and very intelligent

i have bought a gift for her birthday which is next month. i have asked hubby to give her the gift, but not to reveal that its from me, as she will never accept it if she knows its from me. i believe that with love, patience, understanding and tolerance, she will come around. Insha Allah

i make a plea once again, if there are any brothers in this situation or if there are any sites where i can get info to assist my hubby, that would be really appreciated, as he is so torn apart by all this. i think hes the one whose most affected, and really needs advise .

najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2006 at 12:47am

Dear Rookaiya

Sister you need to change the way you are dealing with things here.

In my opinion, the one major thing that you are doing is "you are basing your happiness on him and with the situation going on, its too much pressure for him"

Immediately, right now, you have to back off a little. For 2 weeks give him space, dont put even a single demand or expectation on him. Let him come when he wishes and go when he wishes. In this period of time, you are to try and  not think about your co-wife or his other family.

Fill your time doing good things and keep yourself extremely busy. Chart out what you will do on an hourly basis and have many goals to fulfill by the end of the day. None of these activities will involve thinking about him, her or your present situation!

You are to take your mind off him for 2 weeks. Be with your kids and take pictures and make vidoes with them.

Calm yourself down and this will calm him down too. It will make him receptive to what you will ask for. Right now, sorry but you are not making a lot of sense to him and that may drive him away rather than closer to you.

InshaAllah....will give you the continuing plan soon...

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2006 at 12:54am

ok najam

i guess i cant think clearly as im too emotional. i keep contradicting myself. its not gonna be easy to not think about him for 2 weeks, but i will do it , Insha Allah. my current approach is definately not working.

i will spend time with the kids n do as u said. with ramadaan coming up, we will be busy baking n cooking. the kids will love the attention too. but subhanallah, 2 weeks seems like an eternity for me.

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2006 at 1:45am

Don't forget to keep remembering allah, and praying to Him for help in these two weeks :)

Fill your time with religious activities that you can share with your children. Insha allah your 2 weeks will not seem an eternity for you.

The responses from Mockba and Najam are both very good. Try to bring these in practice, and may allah be your Helper.

Fa inna ma�l usri yusra, inna ma�l usri yusra ... so, verily after difficulty there is ease, verily after every difficulty there is ease.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic