IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SingleMuslim.com  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SingleMuslim.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SingleMuslim.com
    Posted: 18 January 2009 at 6:58pm
Assalamu Alaikum

What is your opinion about SingleMuslim.com? Personally, I just visited the site for the first time a couple minutes ago. For some reason, something about it bothers me. I felt strongly about not going there in the past, but I guess I decided to check it out. I think it says something about dating on there? Dating? When did the Muslims find this as acceptable? Or how about the whole concept of going through a picture gallery and searching through the pictures? Subhan'Allah! I was just doing that very thing and the site shut down to get updated and I came here to bring this up. Dont we as Muslims have to go through a wali when it comes to marriage? Does anyone else see this the way I do?
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Talib_Asadullah Talib_Asadullah wrote:

Assalamu AlaikumWhat is your opinion about SingleMuslim.com? Personally, I just visited the site for the first time a couple minutes ago. For some reason, something about it bothers me. I felt strongly about not going there in the past, but I guess I decided to check it out. I think it says something about dating on there? Dating? When did the Muslims find this as acceptable? Or how about the whole concept of going through a picture gallery and searching through the pictures? Subhan'Allah! I was just doing that very thing and the site shut down to get updated and I came here to bring this up. Dont we as Muslims have to go through a wali when it comes to marriage? Does anyone else see this the way I do?
Wa Alaikum As Salaam wa Ramatuillah Brother Talib_Asadullah.I also had the same feelings about the site,tho I started to look at it a different way,Thinking we might need a push for more Islamic marriages.I see no harm in online dating.I can see the harm in male female interaction without Wali.The fact is we are accountable for our own actions.There are to many of us who are not married,widowed or divorced.I hope that helped.I will admit showing those Sisters without Hijab was like what kind of site is this really, a what type of men are these women looking for.
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 7:15am
Assalamu Alaikum

Alhamduillah

I do agree with you..that we as Muslims need to get married and that we need more Islamic marriages, Alhamduillah. I put a profile on there, because I am looking for a wife in the near future, Insha'Allah. I just need to get a steady income and save some money, so Im not ready finacially yet..but I have the strong desire to be married to a pious, observant Muslimah. Which brings up another point. When I registered they asked me Im I interested in a woman who wears hijab or not. Allah forgive us. Why wouldnt I, being a Muslim man who is looking for a Muslim woman. Then they ask me if I make salah. Subhan'Allah! Dont we all have to make the obligatory Salawat to be even considered Muslims?! Allah forgive us.
     To be honest with you Ahki, that site is just a reflection of the state of our Ummah. Allah save us from the dunya and instill in our hearts the light of Iman and Sabr, and a willingness to wage Jihad-ul-Nafs, Ameen.

Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 8:33am

Assalamu AlaikumAlhamduillahI do agree with you..that we as Muslims need to get married and that we need more Islamic marriages, Alhamduillah. I put a profile on there, because I am looking for a wife in the near future, Insha'Allah. I just need to get a steady income and save some money, so Im not ready finacially yet..but I have the strong desire to be married to a pious, observant Muslimah. Which brings up another point. When I registered they asked me Im I interested in a woman who wears hijab or not. Allah forgive us. Why wouldnt I, being a Muslim man who is looking for a Muslim woman. Then they ask me if I make salah. Subhan'Allah! Dont we all have to make the obligatory Salawat to be even considered Muslims?! Allah forgive us.     To be honest with you Ahki, that site is just a reflection of the state of our Ummah. Allah save us from the dunya and instill in our hearts the light of Iman and Sabr, and a willingness to wage Jihad-ul-Nafs, Ameen.
Wa Aliakum As Salaam wa Rumatuillah Brother Talib_Asadullah.Jazakallah Kheiran for you reply.Na'am I know it seems as if they are trying to bringing Al-Islam into the new millinium or something.Na'am they do ask if you make salah its obsered,even tho I know some of them who they speak, some claim to be Muslim because of they're heritage not there actions.May Allah Help you overcome your obstacles inorder to strenthen your Imaan(Ameen)

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 19 January 2009 at 8:36am
Imani View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 4:47am

Assalamu Alaikum

What is your opinion about SingleMuslim.com? Personally, I just visited the site for the first time a couple minutes ago. For some reason, something about it bothers me. I felt strongly about not going there in the past, but I guess I decided to check it out. I think it says something about dating on there? Dating? When did the Muslims find this as acceptable? Or how about the whole concept of going through a picture gallery and searching through the pictures? Subhan'Allah! I was just doing that very thing and the site shut down to get updated and I came here to bring this up. Dont we as Muslims have to go through a wali when it comes to marriage? Does anyone else see this the way I do?

Salam alaikum.
Actually i dont like the site at all. This is totally haram.
Do we even know those or even the one who created it.
This site is really underminding the Islamic norms and cultures.
I do not  encourage people to visit or even be members of this site.
"But those who believe and do righteous deeds are the best of all creatures."(surah98:7)
peace for all peace for the nation. To Allah indeed we are to return. SALAM
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 6:46am

As'sallamualaikum Brothers... and Imani :)

Unfortunately the reality is that we dont always find practising Muslims. . . which is why the site I think does good by asking specific details like that. That way, one can simply avoid ppl that dont match your criteria. This is an unfortunate reality we cannot avoid - i.e. non-practising Muslims. If they didnt ask all these details, how would a person know if the other one matches thier 'muslim' criteria? As for the non-hijab pics, I think its beneficial for those Brothers who want a wife that observes Hijab - because you automatically can ignore the non-hijab ones. Helps the selection process. Bro Talib and Akhe you would be surprised at the number of Muslim brothers who want non-hijab wife. I know some personally myself!

I once made a profile on a matrimonial site for a widowed sister, who was not so tech-savvy, and no responses she got were serious ones. They were just interested in 'friendship' or pictures. So one has to be really careful withmatrimonial sites like those - since online relationships carry a huge risk. . . especially for our sisters.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Imani Imani wrote:

Assalamu AlaikumWhat is your opinion about SingleMuslim.com? Personally, I just visited the site for the first time a couple minutes ago. For some reason, something about it bothers me. I felt strongly about not going there in the past, but I guess I decided to check it out. I think it says something about dating on there? Dating? When did the Muslims find this as acceptable? Or how about the whole concept of going through a picture gallery and searching through the pictures? Subhan'Allah! I was just doing that very thing and the site shut down to get updated and I came here to bring this up. Dont we as Muslims have to go through a wali when it comes to marriage? Does anyone else see this the way I do?

Salam alaikum.

This site is really underminding�the Islamic norms and cultures.

I do not� encourage people to visit or even be members of this site.
Wa Alaikum as Salam Imani Jazakallah Kheiran.I agree with you about the site it is haram
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Imani Imani wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum

Salam alaikum.
This site is really underminding the Islamic norms and cultures.
I do not  encourage people to visit or even be members of this site.

Wa Alaikum Salam, Sister.

Alhamduillah, I have to agree with you. Thats how I felt from the beginning. My visit to the site and registration just helped reinforce my view of it. Basically, the whole premise of it is not from the Qur'an or Sunnah.

I have a huge desire to find a wife and get married, as expressed before. I feel thats what propelled me to check the site out..plus the fact that I dont live close to a community/masjid.  I fear the sins that I can fall into without marriage. I pray that Allah Ta Ala helps all non-married brothers and sisters from the dangers of non-married life. Ameen.

Sister Imani, what is it about SingleMuslim.com that makes it haraam in your deduction through the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah?

The lack of wali and pursuing marriage through the proper channels that were instuctured to us by Allah and His Messenger(SAWS);makes it Haraam,from my deductions.

Allah Knows Best

Edited by Talib_Asadullah - 20 January 2009 at 10:36am
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic