IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Int’l Hijab Solidarity Day  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Int’l Hijab Solidarity Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Int’l Hijab Solidarity Day
    Posted: 10 July 2005 at 11:48am

Assalamu alaikum,

For those who are interested in supporting the right to wear hijab worldwide, you might like to visit this site:

http://www.prohijab.net/english/main.htm

The site is also available in French, Dutch and Arabic, just click on the flag when you get there.

With the right to wear hijab is slowly being taken away from Muslim women, it is important that we stand up and let the world know that they cannot take this from us.  Any woman who wishes to, should have the right to dress in the manner Allah commands us to.  The world needs to realize that hijab is not a religious symbol (the reason being used to ban it) - it is a religious obligation.

When the world sees a woman in a short skirt and tiny top as something good, and a woman covered from head to foot as bad, it is time to correct this incredibly twisted thinking!

Sisters (and Brothers), I encourage you to visit this site and read about it.  We should not sit back and let our right to wear hijab be taken away.  Join in the International Hijab Solidarity Day events in your country (see Prohijab website for details).

May Allah protect all the sisters who want to follow His command.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic