IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - leukorrhea?(females only please)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

leukorrhea?(females only please)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: leukorrhea?(females only please)
    Posted: 20 August 2005 at 8:46am

assalamu alaikum,i hope somebody can help me with this problem.what i knw is tht any type of vaginal discharge nullifies wudu.but i think i have too much of it.i serached a lot for information and asked a lot of people but i am still not satisfied.does only a feeling of wetness nulify the wudu because what i gather is tht physiological discharge is there in every woman.i dont have runny discharge all the time but just little amounts.cant keep checking all the time.also cant concentrate on prayers at all cos i am constantly worried about it.please help.will be truly grateful.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 10:05am

Assalamu alaikum Sister aali,

It is my understanding that any discharge that is white (or leaves a whitish dried stain) is perfectly normal and does not nullify wudu.  You only have to worry about menstrual discharge (red, pink, brown, black), discharge from being sexually stimulated (lubrication) or urine - these are the things that nullify wudu.

A woman's vagina is naturally wet, this is perfectly normal.  My understanding of this comes from the booklet "Natural Blood of Women" by Shayekh Muhammed bin Salih al-Utheimeen.  May Allah forgive me if I give the wrong advice.

Sister, try not to worry too much about these things and concentrate instead on your prayer from your heart - Allah knows the intention in everyone's heart!  I hope this has been helpful.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 1:58pm
Sister,
if you want to feel more comfortable; take always your wudu before of each praying. You should take your wudu just after the beginning of the each pray time and it will be charged through praying time inshallah.. But your wudu's charge will be finished just end of the each praying time. So you should renew your wudu each time.

This system is (as i know) necessary for "istihaza"* So if you use the same system for your situation, i hope you will feel more comfortable and more concentrated :)

*In the case of little Istihaza, a woman should perform separate Wudhu for every prayer and should, as an obligatory precaution, wash or change the pad, or make it Pak with water.

http://www.lankarani.org/eng/tal/tawdhih-al-masael/ru-isti hadha.htm
aali View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 3:22am

jazakAllah!thanku sooo much for both of ur replies sisters.may Allah reward u a lot.inshaAllah i will try to follow ur advice now.i was honestly in a dilemma.

But sister ummziba,this book that u named,do u think it will be available in islamabad here in pakistan?i know of many other people with the same problem and i think if i could read tht book i would b satisfied inshaAllah and maybe help them as well.i have asked scholars here and searched on the web but what i have found doesnt completely solve the problem.sorry for giving u trouble.

thanku both of u again.

Edited by aali
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 6:10am

The book I mentioned is published in Saudi Arabia (I got it through a Islamic da'wah centre here).  Surely someone from a mosque or Islamic centre there can get ahold of it for you.  Here is what it says on the front cover:

"Printed and published by Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Endowments, Da'wah and Guidance with the co-operation of Ibrahim Bin Abdul Aziz al-Brahmin Welfare Establishment."

Inside the cover is the Library cataloging information, which reads:

"King Fahad National Library Cataloging-in-Publication Data:

Al-Utheimeen; Muhammad bin Salih

Natural Blood of Women = translated by Saleh As-Saleh.

70 P. 12 * 17 Cm.   ISBN : 9960 - 649 - 01 - 6

1 - Islamic figh  1 - As-Saleh, Saleh (Trans.)

1 - Title

252, 1 dc       1727/15"

I don't know what all that means, but someone who understands the Saudi cataloging system would!  Ask around at the mosque or even at the public library or at a Da'wah center and see if someone can send away for this booklet for you.

I do hope this information is helpful.  And I do hope you are able to get ahold of this booklet as it is very informative for women.

Peace, ummziba.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 6:20am

Here is a Saudi address I found in my papers, I don't know if it would help or not, but you could try getting ahold of them for this booklet:

The Cooperative Office For Call & Guidance at Al-Badiah - Communities Section  Under the Supervision of the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Endowment, Guidance and Propagation.

P.O. Box 24932  Riyadh  11456

Telephone: 4330888/4330470  Fax. 4301122  Saudi Arabia

Hope this helps!

Peace, ummziba.

aali View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 1:05pm

jazakAllah!

i will try inshaAllah to get the book.thanku soo much for looking all that information up.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 8:38am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

I don't know what all that means, but someone who understands the Saudi cataloging system would! 

Kim and I could tell you what they mean , its basically the books information and some of it goes into the cataloguing. It's a standard thing world wide. Pick up any book and you'll see similar stuff. 

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic