IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My Mother and Me  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Mother and Me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Mother and Me
    Posted: 10 October 2005 at 9:18am

Salaam ALikum,

I am a muslim, alhumdila, and have been for 3 years, though i am only 17. My mother is a non-muslim, and so is the rest of my family.

But i need advise, I get so mad at my mother all the time. Allah says to be pactice, to be kind with your words, angar is a bad thing. But o my god, she can insult me, and hurt me so bad. She calls me selfish, a brat...most mothers do this i'm sure. But she never speaks nicly to me, she blames me for my stepfather treating me like drit (I met my stepfather when i was 9 years old,My mother says i used curse him?! so he treats me very badly) Whenever she comes home she yells at me, she takes all her angar of that day out on me. She tells me to put the phone back when i'm done, I tell her that she never puts it back....so i watch her for a month with the phone, she never puts it back!

My mother and stepfather get mad at eachother at lot now, They yell at eachtother and say things like "We are not ever partnes anymore." They dont love eachother I guess. My mother lies to her family, she always says how wonderful my stepfahter is, how helpful he is ( and he is) but hes selfish, he takes 4 to 5 hours getting ready, always is sacrstic when he talking to me (me and my mother have talked about his behavoir towards me, and we BOTH agreed it was awful, and that he will treat his 3 year old son the same.) My mother and stepfather might get divorced...my mothers 2nd divore.

Sisters, I know my mother should be well respected,loved. I do love my mother, but its so hard when shes always insulting....

I really have to go, more later Insha' Allah....Sorry for not finishing, but i really needed to say all that!

Salaam,

Aisha

Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 5:10pm
Dear young sister,

mashallah, you are so young but still try to handle with so many things.

I think the best thing at the moment trying to be quiet.. I know it's so difficult but try to be patient towards your mum and your stepfather as well.

Your mum can be angry with you maybe because she's stressfull in her relationship with your s.father...

When she starts insulting you, go to loo and take a wudu. Do your zikr and try not to hear you mum's insults..

It's difficult i can understand but think this situation as an exam from Allah.

There's always a day after the night..

My duas are with you.

May Allah be with you inshallah...

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 5:58pm

Bismillah,

Salaams and Ramadan Mubarik to you Sister Aisha!  I suggest that you put the phone back every time anyway.  And if there are one or two other small things that annoy your mom, try very hard not to do them.  Leaving shoes in the wrong place or the toothpaste cap off or the dish unrinsed are easy things, as examples because I don't know what things bother her that you do exactly.  Allah, SWT, will bless you for showing these small kindnesses to your mom, ISA.

And definitely follows Sister Henna's advice and walk away quietly before an arguement starts and make woodoo.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
karimah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karimah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 6:40pm

Dear sister

When i read you letter its like looking back at my own life for my mother was the same when she found me reading the Quran she told everyone i was mad and my stepfather was no better he had something to say about everything and in my mothers eyes no matter what he said he was right and i was worng, when he would say something bad about the muslim people and islam he was right and i was worng. My mother would also insult me for nothing.

In the end i just keep out of their as much as i could and i stopped answering them back even though i knew i was right but to them i was worng sometime i would be screeming  inside just to have my say but i always walked away as i knew i could no win with them

My mother would take it out on me for everything that went worng,if my s.father was not in a good mood it was becuse of me, if they were fighting it was because of me, if my s.father had a cold it was because of me.

As sister Henna said for the moment the best thing to do is be quiet  and try to be patient

I was in the same situation as you and i can tell you it does get better 

Nearly 12 years on me and my mother have a great relationship she is still not muslim but i ask Allah to give her faith and inshallah she will be muslim one day

So please be patient and when you want to say something remember at the  moment you cant win so your better off saying nothing inshallah allah will get you through this

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic