IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Duaa’s for Evil Eye & ?’s on  Istekhara  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duaa’s for Evil Eye & ?’s on Istekhara

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duaa’s for Evil Eye & ?’s on Istekhara
    Posted: 16 April 2006 at 11:54pm

1."La houla wala quwata illa billa hilalulazeem"

What is the meaning? Where can I find this in arabic?

2.Please explain.What does Khair mean?

3.Comments and Questions:I have been doing istekhara. Sometimes I hear people see colors. Others have feeling after. For me I heard birds outside while I was and I felt good because I heard if a bird chirps it sees and Angel right? Even though I did feel good and it seemed familar to me as I had done it before. When I heard the bird I'm not really sure if I am asking istekhara right though. Because this week I have been having a very difficult time dealing with everthing still. Seems I am getting worse compared to better. So, it seems. Please feel free to share your feelings on istekahara and any suggestions that you can give me. 

4."ya haafizo ya hfeezo ya nasiro ya nseero ya rqeebo ya wkeelo"

What does this mean? Where can I find in Arabic?

5.Ya badeeoo-ul-ajaibo-bil-khair-ya-badee

Please answer according to numbers.  Thanks.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 12:42am
only qualified person can interpret ur dream, ask some mufti

Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 7:12am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

I did not have a dream

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Suzanne Suzanne wrote:

1."La houla wala quwata illa billa hilalulazeem"

What is the meaning? Where can I find this in arabic?

There is no effort or power except through Allah the Great

2.Please explain.What does Khair mean?

Good.

4."ya haafizo ya hfeezo ya nasiro ya nseero ya rqeebo ya wkeelo"

5.Ya badeeoo-ul-ajaibo-bil-khair-ya-badee

Not sure about these two.

Please answer according to numbers.  Thanks.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 10:05pm
Bismillah...

Dear sister,

Assalaamualaikum,

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah : The Prophet (p.b.u.h) used to teach us the way of doing istikhara (istikhara means to ask Allah to guide one to the right sort of action concerning any job or a deed), in all matters as he taught us the Suras of the Quran. He said, "If anyone of you thinks of doing any job he should offer a two Rakat prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer): -- 'Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi'ilmika, Wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, Wa as'alaka min fadlika al-'azlm Fa-innaka taqdiru Wala aqdiru, Wa ta'lamu Wala a'lamu, Wa anta 'allamu l-ghuyub. Allahumma, in kunta ta'lam anna hadha-l-amra Khairun li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati amri (or 'ajili amri wa'ajilihi) Faqdirhu wa yas-sirhu li thumma barik li Fihi, Wa in kunta ta'lamu anna hadha-lamra shar-run li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati amri (or fi'ajili amri wa ajilihi) Fasrifhu anni was-rifni anhu. Waqdir li al-khaira haithu kana Thumma ardini bihi.' (O Allah! I ask guidance from Your knowledge, And Power from Your Might and I ask for Your great blessings. You are capable and I am not. You know and I do not and You know the unseen. O Allah! If You know that this job is good for my religion and my subsistence and in my Hereafter--(or said: If it is better for my present and later needs)--Then You ordain it for me and make it easy for me to get, And then bless me in it, and if You know that this job is harmful to me In my religion and subsistence and in the Hereafter--(or said: If it is worse for my present and later needs)--Then keep it away from me and let me be away from it. And ordain for me whatever is good for me, And make me satisfied with it). The Prophet added that then the person should name (mention) his need.  (Book #21, Hadith #263)

wassalaam.

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 10:10pm
First you have to make a decision , then do istihkara.....then go aheadwith it and if the matter is bad for you it will not happen insha allah, if it is good for you, Allah will make it easy.......

Allah knows best...
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:48pm

Salem Sisters,

Thanks for the replies.

mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 12:43am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

are you a sister?

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic