IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP FROM AMERICAN MUSLIM WOMEN NEEDED!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP FROM AMERICAN MUSLIM WOMEN NEEDED!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP FROM AMERICAN MUSLIM WOMEN NEEDED!!!
    Posted: 10 June 2006 at 5:03pm

Salam Sisters!

I am Algerian and I have started communicating with an Afro-American Muslim who is incarcerated in a prison based in New Jersey.

MashAllah, he is a very good Muslim, so much better than me. In his last letter, he asked me if I know friends who could write one of his friend who is also an Afro-American Muslim.

I would be grateful if women who are interested let me know. You have to know that writing a prisoner is something very serious and you have to do on a regular basis and being careful not to hurt their feelings. I really am sad for my Muslim brothers in American as they are many of them in prisons and no one writes them....So far, I only came across Kaffirun writing them...

Anyway, if you are interested please let me know and we can discuss it.

Salam sisters,

Muslima

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 9:05pm
Muslima, you have to be very careful writing to prisoners. And what is the word kuffirun??? Any guy can seem nice while he is locked up and lonely, when they get out is the real test. Please be careful. And I would advise no sister to give a convict thier home address or number, it is very dangerous. By the way Muslima we are all human, and words like kuffirin don't help people get along!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:49am

Salam to my sisters!

First of all, the person who is looking for a penpal is going to be locked up for the rest of their life! So don't worry Jenny, they will not come after you!

Also, Keffiroun means non-Muslim. We have kmuslims brothers in jail and the only people who assist them are non-muslim, which I believe is not right. I admire and respect the non-muslims for writing them but I am disappointing in my community because we do not help one another. I am based in Europe and I still care for my brothers all around the world.

This is not dangerous to write a prisoner. Lost of people do it and you can always chose someone who is there for life.

Do you know what this means for them to have somebody writing THEM? If you were in prison (because in this life anything can happen even if you are innocent!), wouldn't you want somebody to care for you?

Also, I hope the fact they are afro-american is not one of the reason people would hesitate to write them. I am an Aran and I know there is racism in Arab societies and Muslim societies. And let me tell you, this is not part of Islam. Many of them will probably go to Paradise while we are left behind. Let's not jusge people, we are not God!

PLEASE I ASK WOMEN TO CONTACT ME and I will give theminformation on my own experience.

Salam.

(Tomorrow, I will be witness that I gave the information to Muslims about hteir brothers. Let's see what they will reply to God when He asks about the help they gave their brothers).

Muslima

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 11:34am

Assalamu Alaikum Sister:

I believe you might have more luck with the Brothers. Most of the Sisters here are married, and their husbands may not appreciate them writing another man, or teenage girls, who should not be writing to men unsupervised.

I understand you are trying to do something good, but personally my husband would be very upset if I suggested such a thing.

The Sisters might be more interested if they were female prisoners.

May Allah bless you for your efforts.

Salaams

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 11:59am

Salam and thank you for your e-mails!

OK, in this case there are women as well that you can write but they are not Muslims...I left a message in the men part.

ALSO, if you can send Korans, books things like this to prisons, many people there convert to islam, that would be great!!! And maybe your husbands would be interested in writing some Muslims people there and help them.

I am sorry if I offended anyone here. I am single so I tend ot forget husbands may not like this tyoe of communication. But I sincerely saw it in a brotherly way, if you see what I mean.

Thank you!!

Salam,

Muslima

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 12:19pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

Sending books is a great idea. I did a little research and found these links:

http://www.booksthroughbars.org/content/Prison%20Book%20Prog ram%20Directory.htm

http://www.prisonpenpals.net/booksbehindbars.html

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 2:26pm

Salam Mishmish,

I found my penpal on this:www.writeaprisoner.com

There is another website that really kills me!!! Unfortunately, me being an Arab and a Muslim, I am not brave enough to write them in Guantanamo...Check this out:

http://www.cageprisoners.com/articles.php?id=7282

There used to be even children there. Some foreigners in Pakistan have been solf for dollars to the US....

ANOTHER thing: you can also subscribe a prison library or an inmate to Al Jumuah Magazine, it is greatly appreciated.

ALSO, think about them during Ramadan!!! Honestly, if youb have husbands and they can visit them, or find out if you can send me prayers rags (I am sorry, my Englsih is not great..) to pray.

IMPORTANT: if you send books, it MUST come from a shop that sends them directly because this is not allowed for you to send a book directly from you to an inmate. Don't ask me why...rules...

Anyway, let's not forget them InshAllah!

May Allah pays you for all your help!

Muslima

Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 12:53am

Sisters Salam,

Just some sad news from Guantanamo, 3 men committed suicide out of despair. We shall not condemn them but we should pray for them and hope they will be fine inshAllah.

http://www.cageprisoners.com/articles.php?type=News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic