IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shabe Barat (RE: Womens’ Issue)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shabe Barat (RE: Womens� Issue)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shabe Barat (RE: Womens� Issue)
    Posted: 08 September 2006 at 4:13am

Edited by IslamicGirl
*Islamic Girl*
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 4:49am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

There are quite few scholars who dont think there is a prohibition on touching Holy Quran for a menstrating lady. For those scholars Its perfectly fine if you reading it of the computer. But there is group of scholars who say that she should not even recite it and its best if she could listen to it and have the words of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala infront on the screen. I normally go for the middle path, i try to avoid touching Holy Quran out of respect for the words of my Lord. I listen to the recitation and read it of the computer. So sis do what you feel comfortable with

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 7:15am

Thank you fatima!

Salam.

*Islamic Girl*
righteous_4ever View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote righteous_4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 1:14pm

Asalam o Alaikum

I dont touch the Quran either, thats the way I was told. But I think you can read of the computer or listen to it, like sister Fatima said.

Hadia
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 1:25pm
I know after ten days a woman is suppose to do ghusl and go back to praying if her period hasn't ended yet.....after that time what is the rule on Quran?
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 4:02am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Hi angela, It is allowed that you read it whenever you want to but its prefereable for few and must for some scholars that you are in wudu when you touch the Holy Quran.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 5:20am
fatima, I always do Wadu or shower before I recite/touch Qura'n-but at that time of the month don't touch it (only with a cloth if I have to move it). 
*Islamic Girl*
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 5:22am

Angela wrote:  I know after ten days a woman is suppose to do ghusl and go back to praying if her period hasn't ended yet.....after that time what is the rule on Quran?

Angela, I always do ghusl after 8 days from the 1st day of bleeding.

*Islamic Girl*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic