IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Again, Let’s Support Our Turkish Sisters  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Again, Let�s Support Our Turkish Sisters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Again, Let�s Support Our Turkish Sisters
    Posted: 03 June 2007 at 9:59am
Salaamu Alaykum,

This is a post made by a sister on MuslimSpace.com
As many people here might know, I don't agree with mandatory Hijab.  However, I believe we need to stand up for sisters' rights to wear them or any other modest clothing.  If anyone has the ability to help the sisters and brothers in Turkey, please take action.

Salaams to all.

| 

stand up for the hijab

By: yasamine
Mood: Annoyed
Date: Jun 03, 2007

its in a sorry state that i am writing this blog as i feel for all my muslim sisters around the world her are suffering and i ask allah swt to guide us all inshaallah ameen.

am writing about a story i read on sound and vistion about sister merve kavakci a 30 year old computer scientist who was educated in texas and is a mother of two daughters.she memorised the quran in 14 months her father is a imaan and her mother is a professor in the university.sister merve wanted to become a docter but had to forget about attending medical school in her native country becouse she is not allowerd to wear the hijab there.

early last month sister merve who is an islamist member of parliment of turkeys virtue party arrived in parliament wearing the hijab she was booded at and ordered to get out this was partly of the left wing.

this has been justified by saying she hid the fact that she had a american citizenhip and they are now going to take away her turkish citizenship becouse she should have got permisstion befor taking the citizenship of another country.this sickening abuse has affected many sisters in turkey

this horrible abuse in a muslim country is sickening.

her mother sufferd rejection becouse of the hijab in turkey she was fired from her teaching postion at ataturk university. her father iman yusuf ziya kavakci has also had to pay the price for supporting his daughters and muslim womens right to wear the hijab in turkey .he had to resign his deenship of islamic studies at the university .he is currrenty the director of the dallas central mosque and islamic assciation of north texas.

sister merve and her family all left turkey to come to the united states to enjoy the rights of every muslim which must be guaranteed in muslim countries the right to practice islam.

IT IS RELATED IN [MUSLIM] BY ABU SA'ID KHUDRI THAT HE HEARD THE PROPHET [SAW] SAYING ANYBODY AMONGST YOU NOTICES SOMETHING EVIL SHOULD CORRECT IT WITH HIS OWN HANDS AND IF HE IS NOT ABLE TO DO SO HE SHOULD CORRECT IT WITH HIS TONGUE AND IF HE IS NOT ABLE TO DO SO THEN HE SHOULD AT LEST CONSIDER IT AS BAD IN HIS HEART AND THIS IS THE LOWEST DEGREE OF IMAAN [FAITH]

SO HOW CAN WE HELP WELL ON THE 9TH OF JUNE MUSLIMS SHOULD CALL OR EMAIL THE TURKISH EMBASSIES IN THERE COUNTRYS YOU CAN WRITE AND FAXS JUST OUTLINE THAT WHAT IS GOING ON IN TURKEY WITH THE HIJAB IS WRONG AND ASK THEM NOT TO TAKEAWAY SISTER MERVE CITIZENSHIP.

TURKISH EMBASSY IN THE UK THE ADDRESS IS

43 BELGRAVE SQUARE SWIX 8PA
[email protected]

TURISH CONSULATE IN LONDON
RUTLAND LODGE,RUTLAND GARDENS KNIGHTSBRIDGE SW7 1BW

THE UNITED STATES
TURISH EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON DC
1714 MASSACHUSETTS AVENUE ,NW WASHINGTON DC 20036
TELL:[202] 659-8200
FAX[202]659 0744
[email protected] NAME OF AMBASSADOR BAKI LLKIN

THE CONSULATE GENERAL LOS ANGELES
4801 WILSHIRE BLVD. SUITE 310 LOS ANGELES CA 90010
TELL:[323]932 0118 OR 323] 937 0119
FAX [323] 932 0661

CANADA
THE TURKISH EMBASSY 197 WURTENBURG ATTAWA ONTARIO K1N 8LA
TELL:[613] 789 4044
FAX [613]789 3442

IN TURKEY
PRIME MINISTER OF THE TURKISH REPULIC
EMAIL [email protected]

we must atlest try i would say to write to them as well thats what i am going to do if you dont want to emIL,FAX,OR PHONE WRITING IS THE EASEST WAY AS YOU DONT HAVE TO SIGN THE LETTER

PLEASE GIVE IT SOME THOUGHT THIS IS HAPPENING IN MANY MUSLIM COUNTRIES THESE DAYS AND ITS SAD AS THIS IS THE RULES OF ALLAH WE SHOULD WEAR THE HIJAB

SURAH AL-AHZAB AYAT 59
O PROPHET TELL YOUR WIVES AND DAUGHTERS AND WOMEN OF THE BELIEVERS TO DRAW THEIR CLOAKS [VEILS] ALL OVER THEIR BODIES.THAT SHOULD BE BETTER THAT THEY SHOULD BE KNOWN AS [FREE RESPECTABLE WOMEN] SO AS NOT TO BE ANNOYED AND ALLAH [SWT] IS EVER OFT FORGIVING MOST MERCYFUL

< =text/> < src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js " =text/>

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/> < =text/> _uacct = "UA-1165513-2"; urchinTracker();

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic