IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - three talaks at once...had period  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

three talaks at once...had period

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shymuslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: three talaks at once...had period
    Posted: 09 February 2007 at 7:36am
Dear Sisters

I have some new information that may change my court decision all together. I was menustrating at the time that my husband pronounced the three talaks without me present. Does anyone have information to state that this is not a valid divorce?
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2007 at 1:24am

As Salamu Alaikum

When is a Woman considered to be Divorced?

Question

When is a woman considered to be divorced and what is the wisdom behind the permissibility?

Answer

A woman is considered to be divorced when her husband pronounces divorce upon her while he is legally responsible, acting of his own free will, there is no factor preventing him from divorcing her, such as madness, drunkenness or the like, and the woman is purified (following her menses) and her husband has not had sexual intercourse with her during this period of purity and if she is pregnant.

Shaikh Ibn Baz (Rahimahullah)

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 6 Page 20

Note: this is part of a long fatawa, I only typed the part that refers to your case

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic