IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - help i need help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help i need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie-london Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help i need help
    Posted: 22 March 2010 at 5:26am

i am losing my muslim husband - we have been married for 13 years mostly in uk and europe and up to the last five years my husband as not been so intent on his faith, we have had our up and downs, with our culture difference and last 18months we parted for 6 months and went our sepearate way, by some chance and miracle we go back together and i put my trust in him again and he came back into our lives, our children are 10 and 11 and are now happy in england after coming back from europe and loosing there dad... we have been struggling for he last 8 months become my husband has a business now in saudi.  recently i have seen a picture of him an another woman of his culture, wearing rings that i have seen recently appear on him... he has told me that this was a picture when we had spilt up and we thinking to get engaged to each other, but her family would not accept him as he was still a married man, and she had only sent this picture now to him, to say that her family may accept him down, which now has lead him to making demands on me.  one is to move the family to saudi, if i dont agree to this then, he will give everything up if i become a muslim wife and help bring our children up muslim... i dont think i can do this, and i fear it is all too late and too much water under the bridge, not sure how much is religion is wants and not culture.  please someone help me, i can not turn to my family and everyone is fed up with us distorying each other .... please help

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 6:18pm
Oh dear! am so sorry noone has responded to your note. If you chance to read this, I pray there is some help for you.

You do not have to become a muslim in order for a muslim man to have you as his wife. However, for his sake, and for the sake of your marriage, tell him you want to learn his religion. Sincerely begin to study islam and ask your husband to allow you to accept it with your own pace, in your own time. Your efforts to please him may soften his heart towards you - again you DO NOT have to become a muslim unless your heart instructs you. However, right now make an effort to know Islam to save your marriage.

Along side get hold of the book : Fascinating Womanhood by Helen Andelin.  It has saved many marriages, could save yours as well. Good Luck!

nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:30pm
Salaams Nausheen,

This was on another thread that people posted on, maybe it was in the family section. Smile

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:04pm
Walaikum assalam dear Hayfa,

That explains the silence on this thread. Thanx for letting me know :)

nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic