IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP! Unable To Pray  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! Unable To Pray

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Unable To Pray
    Posted: 23 July 2010 at 9:07am
I have been so brought down by the way my former husband was treating me from the time he told me to move out against my will and move with my parents. He has not supported me of this time. I was helping with paying bills and buying food when I lived with him. But, I don't know what happened. He just started ignoring me for a while before he made me move out and did it after too. He kept hiding me from his family and told me that he didn't want kids with someone who had kids. I said that would be okay as long as I have you. He said, well what if I want kids one day? I said jokingly that he would just have to leave me and get with someone who dont have kids. He said seriously that it would hurt me because he would have to leave me if he wanted kids. I have been so hurt by this that it is so hard for me to pray. I know that I need to, but I just can't. I don't know what is wrong with me. I love ALLAH and I don't want to displease him, but I just cant figure out why I cant even push myself to pray. I had my husband then to pray with, and I live with my parents who say they are christian and don't act like it. I told them I was muslim and converted to islam, and after that my mom tried to feed me bacon without me knowing it. I follow the rules, but they just don't seem to understand. I also have my mom in my ear all the time telling me that I don't have to follow the rules and........it's really hard for me to be here, and my husband whom divorced me 2 days ago knew how my mother was. He told me that since my parents have a dog that Allah will not hear my prayers because the angels would not come near the house.  So if anyone could help that would be great.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 10:56pm
Bismillah,
Dear Sunni, Assalamualiakum,
Welcome to Islamicity!

Im sorry to hear your story. It must be terrible for you to bear such treatment form your fomer husband.

Remember He tries you because He wants to see which one of you are strong in faith ... and your trials are only there to bring you close to Him.
So use this opportunity to supplicate to Him much. If you are unable to pray, try to make much rememberance of Allah, and read the Quran (with meanings). It will lift your burdens, and inshAllah you will once again experience a sweetness in prayers.

Please understand that your mother might have felt hurt and rejected when you left her faith, and married a muslim guy. Now she is somewhat confirmed in how right she was in not approving of it, and how wrong you were in your choice of faith and husband - thus her insisting - she wants you back. Treat her with kindness, but follow the rules of Islam nevertheless. InshAllah they will understand one day.

When you have time read the following article, it will warm your heart.

take care!
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic