IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shabe Barat (RE: Womens’ Issue)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shabe Barat (RE: Womens� Issue)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 9:25am

Angela,

The bleeding after the period of 15 days is considered pure because of its characteristic that it does not smell etc.

The woman who bleeds for more than 40 days after childbirth and more than 10 days after a period is considered pure or taahir.

Now, cases of surgery or any non menstrual abnormal bleeding from that area is also considered pure.

The lady in such circumstances, she waits out the 15 days as impure. After the 15th day, she does the bath and is pure.

Now each time she needs to pray( as in the prayers that require purification such as salat) or touch the quran, she puts on a fresh pad and makes wudu and goes ahead, this is repeated each time she has to pray.

Najam

Edited by najamsahar
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 10:05am

Thanks Najam.

That is what I was wondering.  I knew that women could preform Ghusl and go back to prayer but I wanted to know what was to be done about Quran.  That's good.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic