IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I have a question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I have a question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riaana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have a question
    Posted: 17 October 2005 at 12:12pm

Asalamu alaikum sisters.

This is a bit of an embarrassing question, but i do hope that someone can help me.

Erm basically I went on a website where a sister asked this question;
During the months, when i'm not menstruating, i have a yellowish/white discharge that shows up on my underwear. this is fairly constant, and i know it's a natural thing for the female body. Do i have to change my underwear each time i do wudu' and pray? is the discharge considered unclean? i have improvised by using pantiliners which i change each time i want to pray, however this is quite expensive.

and the mufti's answer was this;
1) Any discharge other than blood is not impure. You need not worry about it. It doesn�t affect wudu either.
2) If you have any blood in discharge, you need not change your pant liner for every Salah, you can do it for your convenience.

but the thing is in fiqh us sunnah i read this;
 Wadi: It is a thick white secretion discharged (by some people) after urination. It is considered impure. `A�ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said, "Wadi comes out after urination. The person should wash the private parts and perform ablution. It is not necessary to perform ghusl."

I just wanted to know.. is wadi and the regular discharge the sister mentioned the same thing?.. if not, how would you be able to tell the difference?..

Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 9:37am

No need to be embarrassed.   Seeking knoledge is essential to increasing faith.  Although it would be nice if we had an all sisters forum.  It would make asking such questions a bit easier.

Gosh, I studied this stuff when I was like 18 or 19 so my memory may be flawed.  As I recall, Al-Wadi would be/include the discharge the sister mentioned.    I specifically remeber this hadith (that you quoted from Fiqh as-sunna).  I seem to remember in addition that if it were on your clothes you must wash it off (if it were wet) or scrape it off (if it were dry).  My teacher made us memorize the hukm with all four of the madhahib so now I don't even remember to which scholar this fatwa belongs (maybe maliki).   There may be ikhtilaf amongst the ulama'a.

You should really double check though.  It was a long time ago when I studied this  (though that's no excuse for forgetting).  I just didn't want you to think you were being ignored.  May Allah bless you for your eagerness to seek knoledge.

Salaam

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic