IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP FROM AMERICAN MUSLIM WOMEN NEEDED!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP FROM AMERICAN MUSLIM WOMEN NEEDED!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 11:29am

Salaam,

I had to come here because I read Sister Muslima's post in the mens section. She mentioned that she didn't get positive feedback from the sisters here so I had to see for myself. So far fromt what I've read I don't see any negative thing the sisters have said however to Sister Muslima I believe the sisters here are asking you to be careful. Like I said in the previous section in the Men's Forum I am currently training with the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department and just briefly going through the jails there are all kinds of inmates who are indeed crazy and how indeed take advantage of people's kindness.

I definitely encourage anyone who is  pinpal to NOT USE THEIR PERSONAL ADDRESS!!!!!!!!!! As a Law Enforcement officia this is not smart. There are pinpal sites that use effective and safe means of contact without giving out your personal information. I agree/disagree with the sister who said that jail is a reason to be good...Yes that is true however that is not true to ALL inmates.

None of you sisters I'm sure have dealt with inmates as I have nor have spoken to an imate as I have so I have good background on this. Depending on the inmate you're dealing with a lot of inmates are indeed smart and are aware of what they did. A lot have ade the wrong choices and some actually reform. I think in an environement of negativity its good that deserving individuals can get some look at the outside world. As a society we shun people who are crminilized and are locked up in our system. We tend to judge them and believe that they are not worthy of reformation.

I believe that every human has the ability to change it all depends if whether they want to or not. Even pedophiles can change. It is all dependent on the will of the individual. Also, just a reminder just because an inmate is locked up doesn't mean they don't know how to find you!

Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 2:13pm

Brother, for me negative meant ; no, we will not write basically.

Of course, they need to be careful, but we tend to forget about our Muslim brothers in jail. The person I write to asked me if I could find friends of mine who could write his friends who are also Muslims mashAllah. I only found Feffiroun who write them

They are our brothers. Maybe some will be hypocrite but many juts want to have friends. Will they come out and hurt us becuase we have been nice to them?  Get a PO box then.

If you do not want to write, please subscribe the prison library to Al0Jumuah and other Muslim magazines, send them books, Koran and do you know how they would feel if they received a card for Eid after Ramadan? And during Ramadan?

God help them inshAllah. What can I say....I am powerless and this is painful to be powerless. StafEllah Ya Rabi!

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 6:11am
Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

Brother, for me negative meant ; no, we will not write basically.

Of course, they need to be careful, but we tend to forget about our Muslim brothers in jail. The person I write to asked me if I could find friends of mine who could write his friends who are also Muslims mashAllah. I only found Feffiroun who write them

They are our brothers. Maybe some will be hypocrite but many juts want to have friends. Will they come out and hurt us becuase we have been nice to them?  Get a PO box then.

If you do not want to write, please subscribe the prison library to Al0Jumuah and other Muslim magazines, send them books, Koran and do you know how they would feel if they received a card for Eid after Ramadan? And during Ramadan?

God help them inshAllah. What can I say....I am powerless and this is painful to be powerless. StafEllah Ya Rabi!

Bismillah,

ISA the brothers who have offered to help will follow through.  It is more appropriate for brothers to write to men and sisters to write to women.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 4:14am
Thank you sister
Umm ayman View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Umm ayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:19am

Assalamu alaykum,

I am new here, so pls bear with me..i did a search on google and i found this discussion.

1st..sistah Muslima may Allah reward u much for your efforts! well, i did the same thing sometime ago and yes the response i got was terrible and terrifying but i didnt get mad! everyone has a right to say no!. i can understand where most sistahs are coming from.....most are married and most are teenagers etc!

If any muslims are interested i will suggest u rent a post box address if you can afford it, so at least no one knows who u really are and when you write the inmates, dnt give ur name or any other info!.

2ndly, if u are married, why dnt u talk to ur husband about it and write together? u dnt necessarily have to write about ur personal lives, introduce urself and send islmic print outs and u can talk about other things and learn from one another.

3rdly do a little research about the person before u wirte them! and if u see that u aint comfortable with the crime, then DNT WRITE.

Okay, i write to 3 inmates and they are all practising muslims,mashallah, i speak to the imam that works with each individual prisons about character refernces and ask how they are getting on. i researched their crime and i saw it was something i was a bit comfy with, at the end of the day, they are bin punished for their crimes!

Most of them was disbelievers when they went in but they have over the years found Allah and are very sorry. i am not saying..its okay! what i am saying is that.......we have all done something that we are really ashamed off and are very sorry, but i think it will be horrible for us to ignore them and make them feel worse, at the end of the day they are locked up and serving their tyme, no matter how many letters u write, they will stl be locked up!.

and mind you, always remember Yusuf (as) was locked up for a crime he didnt do! its stl same few times, people get harsh sentences for a little crime or cause of their past! imagine if everyone was to judge you according to ur past.

i know of an inmate who got 24yrs max ....he didnt murder, rape, abuse,or anything...inn for a non violent crime...ask me why such a harsh sentence, i say cause he's black, it involved a cop, and cause he had a past relation with the system!.

Allah Has given us a choice in this dunya, choice right or wrong! some choose wrong and later repent for it and walk the right path!. I ask that we always show the remorsful people mercy!...

NB: be careful whatever u do!

ma salam

El Sudan View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Sudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2006 at 7:16pm
writing to prisoners which are in prison Dear sisteris a very dangerous game.I feel you may be naive to the ways of a locked up man Muslim or not. They have nothing but time to think of how they can munipulate an unsuspecting women and possibly on how to get them to get you to give them what they want, a place to stay until they get on their feet, money, possibly using your car and whatever else is the easy way out for they. Their deception is playing on your lonelyness and your hope that you can help them until they find someone else. Sister Beware! These are truly wolves in sheeps clothing looking for asoul to steal. I tell you this from my own experience as well as others who have had the same heartbreaking and expense experience. All was well when he was incarerated but upon release he suddenly needed to meet friends for pray, it ended up he was going to strip bars and using my money to which I thought was being given as an offering to Allah  for those suffering. Please Beware. I fear you may be getting set up for a terrible experience as was I.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic