IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do Muslim women meet Muslim men ....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do Muslim women meet Muslim men ....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adorable_sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do Muslim women meet Muslim men ....
    Posted: 21 August 2005 at 10:58am

How do we meet without dating and how do we know we are with the right person? i dont want to be living with a perosn i dont like and find out after 3 years of marriage. wats a better way of gettin to know the person without doing it in a haram way?

i heard dating was haram so im staying away from that, thank God i didnt start.

Meedo View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 3:31pm

i really dont know

its hard for revert ladies , we should find a soloution for thsi problem.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 11:52pm

Bismillah,

Get people to help you! (Sorry, I don't know anyone nice for you!  How sad!)  Okay, there is this one nice cousin, but he is adamant about not being introduced to anyone after his divorce.  Sorry again.  But other people can help you.  I would suggest an internet search on his background in addition to everyone in his family and community telling you about him.

The really sad thing about marriage is that people just change into completely different human beings sometimes and there isn't anything to be done about it.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
yann237 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yann237 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 3:36pm
One thing sure: CHOOSE YOUR HUSBAND BY YOURSELF! and do NOT have a man imposed to you.

A man (sorry!)

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 6:33am
the flash ad above is pretty obvious. 
Meedo View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 1:48pm

sister , best thing is to choose the man whom you think you would have chose without regards to islam . But actually add islam to it later on .

what i mean is that lest say you want three qualities in a man

Good looking

Kind

From a good kind and respectable family

now if the above qualities were not found in a man but he is Muslim then dont take him. because simply you wont be satisfied .

Not every muslim man who prays regularly and stuff would be a good husband .  agood husband can be a muslim or not muslim.

First search for a good husband matyerial and then pick the one who are only muslims.

Do u know what i mean ?

salam and may Allah help you

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 8:45am

In the early part of the US's history, especially the late 19th century there was a practice that could possibly work, depending on your situation.  Gentlemen were allowed to call on a woman, but they were never left alone, there was always a family member or chaperone present to ensure the couple did not touch and they were often not allowed on the same couch together.  There was a palor in many homes specifically to receive callers. 

If you took care to dress very modestly and your family were to be present.  It might give you time to get to know the person.  But, if this is not possible, try having your brothers or father get to know the person, if you trust them.  I know my brother didn't like most of my boyfriends because he thought they wouldn't treat me right.  Sometimes, if they love and care about you enough, your brothers can be pickier than you.  And they have an advantage.  Guys talk....alot, more than women.  They can usually find out if he's prone to cheating, drinking or how he views women. 

My husband always knows far more about my friends husband's behavior than even she does.....

If you don't have a blood brother, perhaps a cousin or brother in law might be able to help

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic