Print Page | Close Window

marriage

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islam for non-Muslims
Forum Description: Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, discussion for the purpose of learning.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1583
Printed Date: 20 September 2024 at 8:24pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: marriage
Posted By: crissy
Subject: marriage
Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 5:53pm
 Can a muslim man curse at his wife?

Replies:
Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 5:56pm

Can a muslim wife have non muslim friends,please answer me someone I have a really good friend that is muslim,that totaly respect her husband but he does not want her to talk or associate with me,

whaT SHOULD i DO?

Posted By: aisha
Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 7:13am
its really hard to say,i think what your friends husband says really is what she should do,i know it sounds hard but in islam women should follow there husbands wishes as long as it not against islam.its not against islam to have non-muslim friends but maybe he feels you will lead her astray.have you any thoughts on islam yourself.maybe you could share the wonderful islam with your friend.hope you find a solution 

-------------
aisha

Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 8:45am

she doesnt share his beliefs,she has a mind of her own,I havent turned her against her husband or his beliefs, she chooses to talk to me, but he doesnt let her do anything with me nothing, he totaly invades her privacy, at times its as if she has no say in anything or her marriage,this guy has total control over her,and she alows it.

I think he is a coward that hides behind the religion for strength,he is very controling to the point that she totaly fears him.

That is not normal! Ill be back on at 8:pm today have a good day

-------------
crissy

Posted By: Lehua
Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 9:23am

Crissy,

The situation that you describe sounds terrible and Insallah your friend will find comfort in Allah(SWT).  There is nothing wrong with having friends who are non-muslim as long as they are of the same sex.  However as Aisha has said, a woman must follow her husband's wishes and a man must follow his wife's wishes (as long as it does not go against Islam).  We do these things out of respect for our husbands and without respect there can be no love.  If you friend truly feels that her husband is out of line, she should involve the local Imam.

I was wondering do you have a husband?  If you do, you might want to invite your friend's family over for dinner or even tea.  Maybe if he sees and knows who his wife is with, he wouldn't have so many reservations.

Peace, Lehua

Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 10:03am

This guy does not associate with anyone he has no desire to.

That is a great idea about dinner,Ill try,but her husband is really difficult,he is only happy with his studying thats it,this is what she told me,sometime I think that she makes her husband out to be this big scary monster to me and others, but when on the phone with him she sounds so loving when she speaks to him and she when she is home she is so respectful, I really dont understand because she makes it seem like he treats her like shi---

Posted By: Muslimah4Life
Date Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:22pm
Crissy first of all if he dosent want you to talk to his wife you shouldnot. Also she is not allowed to go against her husband wishes. Im also a covert muslimah and im not allowed to go again my husband. The only way that she can do that is if he is having her to do something wrong. I think you should leave her alone because if she wants to leave she will. ALso you should stay out of  their business. And plus the husband is doing the right thing by studying.

Posted By: Muslimah4Life
Date Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:23pm
Also it is not right if he is cursing at her that is not allowed.

Posted By: Meedo
Date Posted: 07 August 2005 at 2:52pm
I think the guy has a problem

-------------
Meedo

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net