Print Page | Close Window

Ideal Muslimh

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Women (Sisters)
Forum Description: Groups : Women (Sisters)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2333
Printed Date: 06 October 2024 at 8:20am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ideal Muslimh
Posted By: Brother123
Subject: Ideal Muslimh
Date Posted: 20 September 2005 at 1:52am

Some articles which will help you inshallah be the best Muslimah you can be

http://shariahway.com/sisters - http://shariahway.com/sisters

feel free to put in your imput here. Think this will be a very bennificial discusion for sisters

Replies:
Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 20 September 2005 at 10:19am

This is intersting... I found on that web site...under women working..

"Women do less work and are less productive thanmen; they are less innovative and less ambitious."

hmmm

Then...

In Japan, for example, women play theirmotherhood role by taking care of their children more than American women do.

In Japan the women are refusing to have kids because of the social/econmic situations there..their population is declining..   

Finally, I say that women have enough to do athome to keep them busy, fill their time and keep them from getting bored. Theydo not need to work outside the home in order to achieve this. http://www.shariahway.com/sisters/ -

hmmm..

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 20 September 2005 at 2:38pm
I think this Sharia way is a waste of time and the website is run by some real extreme maybe whahabis who think we should all wear niqab and stay home, no thanks...

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Posted By: queenie
Date Posted: 21 September 2005 at 6:45am

I find its odd when men are writing about what women should behave as and dress as. I don't think they understand. If only women started writing on what the ideal muslim man should be like. I agree with what an some of the articles say e.g. a muslim woman should be truthful and modest etc. But isn't that true for men aswell? Its a shame to say but if you look around its men that are a problem and responsible for some of the worst atrocities on our planet ! be they muslim or non-muslim. For the muslim ones maybe they should start acting on the true qu'ran and sunnah and maybe they should engage with non-muslim men more often!

Date Posted: 21 September 2005 at 6:15pm

jenni Your someone  who clearly lacks islamic  manners.  Learn some adab. . And leave your jahilia manners in jahilia.

Click on manners in the left menu

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 21 September 2005 at 9:33pm
brother123 I am not the only one who has a problem with your site, read the other posts here..

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 22 September 2005 at 5:13am

you have a problem with not just my site but with brothers and sisters on the forum as you have femanist ideas not islamic ideas and values.

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 23 September 2005 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Brother123 Brother123 wrote:

you have a problem with not just my site but with brothers and sisters on the forum as you have femanist ideas not islamic ideas and values.

Finally, I say that women have enough to do athome to keep them busy, fill their time and keep them from getting bored. Theydo not need to work outside the home in order to achieve this.

Assume that is on the site and not yours, brother123, but I'll say this: Is that islamic ideas and values, I thought islam allowed women to work ? feminist ideas, lol! I don't know I don't see muslim women burning their bras do you ??

sorry couldn't help it

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 23 September 2005 at 11:06am

"Women do less work and are less productive thanmen; they are less innovative and less ambitious."

mmmmm, exactly

which planet are you from ?? 

I'd say if it wasn't for us women, you guys wouldn't be here

ummm....try handling a classroom full of kids, (even your own kids and clean up after them), then come back and tell me about less work, less productive, less ambitious, less innovative   

Perhaps I'm being a bit of feminists, i don't know, what you girls think ??

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: nadeem_aus
Date Posted: 23 September 2005 at 9:56pm

Angel,

As always you make good points!  And you'd make a good Mulsimah too!

Posted By: cartersmama
Date Posted: 24 September 2005 at 1:00am
I am a feminist and a muslima and VERY proud to say that I am. I find that I am a good strong person and do my best to improve. I work at home from after moring prayer, cooking, and cleaning, then feeding my son, caring for my son, then I take him with me to work and work all afternoon, creating a positive and enriching learning inviroment till just before late afternoon prayer. then the rest of my day I cook, clean and prepare for the next day...but since I am female i am lazy and "do less work and are less productive thanmen; they are less innovative and less ambitious." I guess being creative and finding new ways to help struggling children isn't innovative, and I guess that since I decided I was going to were a hijab even though in my society that mean i will be discriminated against, givin dirty looks, called a terrorist and such, dispite all that that doesn't say anything for woman kind. No No we're basically sub human...right because thats what you are saying in a nut shell. Dispite the fact that our religion teaches otherwise.

-------------
Aslamalakum! Yo hippie chis and dudes, rembere its all in Allah that things happen or dont.

Date Posted: 24 September 2005 at 1:38pm

Actually sister hyfa  that article was  not intended for the website but just for my own preson  and i was intending to anyylise it but didnt get time

but some how accidently got placed on the website by accident.. Thats why when i got an email i was thinking that article was not linked how did she read that article.

Sister Cartersmama we been liveing in ur society and been called paki this and black this and terrost this. So whats your big deal?

Your want us to give you stars? say wow ur so brave. And your the only one gone through this. We been going through that for mnay decades and still going through it. We have  peopel run over in your society for just being brown, I had to fight sometiems 15 little kids (at the same time) when in schools and i was only 5 cos i was different colour and religion to them. 

Every friday and saturday night was trying to burn a Muslims house with them sleeping in it.

Now you know a little bit about the evils of your people. And geting a small portion of that turning on you and you find that diificult and then you assume your so strong and were so weak and you have to teach us how to be strong with your femanism.

Femanism is stupidity. You wnat men to respect you so instead of being femanine you want to be manly to get their respect.

So they have made you loose your God given ways. So they beaten you cos they saying Men are superior and women are useless because they men are rough and tough.

Instead of saying we are females and we have femanine qualities which the world also needs you leave your fitra to be rough and tough like men becase you believe men are superior and you are inferior because of the rough and tough nature of man.

femanism is loosing the female identity for the male one.

Islam says keep your femanine identity. Yoiu dont have to pretend to be a man to be respected. So sister you need to unlearn these kaffir ideas  which you grew up with and adopt  Islamic ways.

When some one converts they have a lot of old ideas to get rid of.

Posted By: kim!
Date Posted: 28 September 2005 at 3:03am
Brother 123 said:

"Femanism is stupidity. You wnat men to respect you so instead of being femanine you want to be manly to get their respect."

I'll summarise his argument:

Feminism = stupidity.
Feminism = being manly.

Therefore:  being manly = stupidity. 
------
Also, note:  "want men to respect you" = being manly.

Therefore:   not being respected         = being feminine

Typical of his thinking. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

------

I rest my case.

Let's see what our manly Brother 123 comes up with next!

Can't wait!

Kim...

Posted By: Abeer23
Date Posted: 28 September 2005 at 10:15am

Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

Brother 123 said:

I'll summarise his argument:

Feminism = stupidity.
Feminism = being manly.

Therefore:  being manly = stupidity. 
------
Also, note:  "want men to respect you" = being manly.

Therefore:   not being respected         = being feminine

Hmm I think brother 123 meant that feminism = a woman trying to be manly.  

Being feminine doesn't mean being weak or incapable.    A strong woman doesn't necessarily have to be manly, and in my observations, usually isn't.   Thus, not every strong woman is a  feminist.

Salaam

Date Posted: 29 September 2005 at 5:15am

femanism is not knowing the role God created you for and wanting and being ashamed of haveing female qualities.

SOme even go to extent of becoming lesbians

Posted By: cartersmama
Date Posted: 01 October 2005 at 9:24am

Asalamalakum

Au contraire! Being a femenist is not apologising for being female.  I have no desire to be a man. Feminisim is embracing your FEMENIN strengths. Par example, I am at my best when I am with children, tipicaly feminine, and love it. Now not all wemon are, a friend of my is an epecially good sales person. Luckly she is very ethical but should she choose she could sell a blind man paintings. Even though this is not a tipicaly female job she is good at it and enhoys it. Allah gives us all stringths and weaknesses. I would be no less a woman is I didn't enjoy children, nor have any. I am woman and will always be a woman.

Do think if your mother, whom I am sure is a wonderful person, didn't like to cook, would make her less female? No not at all. What is she has a great mind to be a mecanic, she is still a woman and feminne. Open your eyes to what is beyod culture and what is islam. God surely would not give a talent for no reason.

-------------
Aslamalakum! Yo hippie chis and dudes, rembere its all in Allah that things happen or dont.

Date Posted: 01 October 2005 at 10:56am

My minds open but yours doesnt seem to be open. You still have that westren culture in you which you wnat to mix with islam.

I left my culture long time ago. You seem not to want to leave your culture behind but wnat to replace islam with culture.

So you are the one advocating a cultural islam not me.

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 01 October 2005 at 5:11pm

Bismillah,

Salaams to all.

Ethnocentrism is hard to escape.  Whereever you are from, you don't seem to know what the American culture advocates for its people.  First of all there are many, many differences amonst us.

I was raised to believe that women were meant to stay home, raise the children, and obey her husband.  Funny thing is that I've changed since I became a Muslimah.  I see Islaam as my rebelion and my freedom.  Women and men are equal in piety before Allah, SWT.

And Allah, SWT, is neither male nor female.  What a great religion.  I am so glad that I don't have to go to a priest or a sheikh as a mediator between me and Allah, SWT!  I can just be Muslimah, the way I understand and believe, and it's between Allah, SWT, and me!

(My husband is so great at ironing.  And he is a real man too.)

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 03 October 2005 at 5:10pm

Forget the ironing. The question is can he cook?

I doubt if you can cook as good as me (let alone your husband )

You cant beat my tandoori chicken. 

Date Posted: 03 October 2005 at 5:22pm

Bismillah,

Hilarious!  I hate to tell you, but I never could get used to curry dishes.  If only my husband were as patient as he is excellent at cooking, he would be married to the ideal Muslimah. LOL.

Seriously, the ideal Muslim and Muslimah are the ones who please Allah, SWT.  Whatever jobs we do, being devoted to Allah, SWT, shines above all other things.  That is what I and many of us need to improve upon.

My nickname implies the best way I know how to do that:  My jihad is to devote my energy and efforts to my kids and their success in this life and the next.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 05 October 2005 at 6:17am
Ah But can he cook curry dishes?

Posted By: Henna
Date Posted: 05 October 2005 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

This is just a personal opinion. A funny (!) personal opinion.

What about islam's point of view?

Hz.Muhammad (sav) showed Hz.Aise to sahaba and said; learn your half of deen (religion) from this woman.

That's it!

We have learned half of our deen from a "precious" woman.

If the woman do less work, than why our Prophet (sav) did his own housework such as cleaning, sewing etc.?

He is a perfect exemple for everybody. We should follow his way.. Forget other personal opinions.. Just follow our prophet's (sav) sunnah...

Posted By: firewall
Date Posted: 05 October 2005 at 10:16pm

Posted By: MayPB
Date Posted: 18 October 2005 at 7:00pm

Bro 123,

My thoughts... I don't like the website or the picutures of the niqabi dressed woman. I think hijab is meant to cover our hair, not transform women into dressing like tents. Some women will work, doctors, nurses administrative assistants, teachers and I wonder how will they work while wearing that get up? Do you think these women will be taken seriously covered head to toe in black? And for the woman who works in the home, she has to take the baby to the doctor, on the bus or go the grocery store, she is supposed to wear that???? Muslim women who stay at home and wear that stuff just don't have the same social experiences that constitute as "healthy" with non-muslims and muslims alike. Your website makes  Islam look like a cult. not to mention that niqab promotes a serious lack of vitamin D and is unhealthy. Why would you promote something that causes a vitamin definciency?

Date Posted: 19 October 2005 at 5:58am

Bismillah,

LOL about the vitamin deprivation comment!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net