Print Page | Close Window

Hijab

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Women (Sisters)
Forum Description: Groups : Women (Sisters)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4093
Printed Date: 08 July 2024 at 11:33am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hijab
Posted By: asala126
Subject: Hijab
Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:03am

Assalamu Alikum sisters,

Lately, I have been trying to be a better Muslim.  I have been reading more and more about Islam.  I know Muslim women have to wear the hijab.  But I still can't find it in myself to do so.  Am I considered to be a not good Muslim?  What should I do to help me wearing it?

Replies:
Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 2:49pm
If you are in Egypt what is stopping you? People will respect you more. There are many of us sisters here in western countries that don't wear Hijab because we will be stared at or called names or worse. And the sisters that do wear Hijab have to be so strong allways. If I lived in Egypt or my husbands native country of Pakistan I could not see any excuse not to wear hijab, especially if I wanted to start wearing it to be a better Muslim. Peace

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Posted By: Abeer23
Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 9:41pm

As salamu alaikum sis. Asala.

I wouldn't label you or anyone a "bad" muslim.  Judgement is for Allah alone.  However, you do need to understand that you are in a state of disobedience to Allah azza wa jalla (ma'siyat allah) .  That's a dangerous state to live in and an even worse state to die in. 

Many women think that just because you're in an "arab" country hijab is easy.  I know that's not true.  I know lots of Arab girls that feel pressure to be "hanaqeesh" (not saying that you are).  I remember one day I was visiting an arab sister.  It just so happened that another one of her friends visited that had just started wearing proper hijab.  The sister actually asked her "malik tahajjabti!!" and laughed. 

I get the feeling that you want to wear hijab.  And in sha allah (unlike my friend's situation) there are plenty of people around you that will encourge you in fufilling your duty to Allah.  If there aren't, then let the promise of Allah's pleasure upon you be your encouragement.

Good luck sister.  May Allah increase you in patience and bless you in your efforts towards obeying him, Ameen 

Salaam

Posted By: Mishmish
Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:00am

Assalamu Alaikum Sister:

When I first became a Muslim I had a high position working in a very large corporation. They did not have casual days, you were expected to wear business attire at all times. I would wear hijab to the mosque and most of my time off, but the desire to wear hijab full time became very strong in my heart. I felt that my outer appearance should reflect my inner beliefs, and I knew that I needed to follow the command of Allah to cover myself. I also knew that showing up at work in hijab would be one of the most difficult things I would ever do.

One day I woke up to go to work, and I knew it was the day. I washed my hair and just pinned it up so I couldn't take off my scarf even if I wanted to, put on a jilbab, I figured might as well go all the way, and drove to my job. I sat in the parking lot for about 20 minutes, I was terrified! Finally I made myself get out of the car and go inside. The security guard stopped me at the door and everyone was staring. It was horrible, but it was one of the most important days of my life. I felt strong and so free.

That was almost 10 years ago and Al HamdilAllah I can not even imagine what it would be like to take it off now. It has become such an important and intregal part of who I am. Wearing hijab gives you such a feeling of peace and identity.

I live in the States so I do get stared at and people make remarks, but I ignore them. After September 11 my Mom called me many times and asked me to take it off, but I told her I can't, it is part of my life.

If I am killed because I am a Muslim in hijab, perhaps that is the only way I could go to Jennah. I would be shaheed, Insha'Allah. And if I am hurt or killed because of the hijab, then that is my naseeb, and nothing I do or don't do will change it.

Sister, if you are feeling the desire to wear hijab, please listen to your heart and don't fear what people will say. Those people will not be judging you on the Day of Judgement. Their opinions mean little in this life and nothing in the next. Just be sure that you are ready, so that you can be strong in your decision.

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Posted By: amah
Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:18am
Bismillah.....Assalaamualaikum,

I liked what all the sisters shared above!
Allah says in the Holy Quran,

"And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone)."
(  سورة الذاريات  , Adh-Dhariyat, Chapter http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=51&translator=5 - #51 , Verse http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=51&translator=5#56 - #56 )

"Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth, and all surrender with obedience (in worship) to Him." 
(  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=2&translator=5 - #2 , Verse http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=2&translator=5#116 - #116 )

"Then whoever turns away after this, they are the Fasiqoon (rebellious: those who turn away from Allahs obedience). " 
(  سورة آل عمران  , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=3&translator=5 - #3 , Verse http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=3&translator=5#82 - #82 )

Sister, Do read the Quran regularly, the biography of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). Also about his wives and the sahabiyaat. It will make your iman stonger and will encourage you to do good. Insha Allah.

Remember Allah asked you to wear hijab to protect you, this article about hijab "hidden pearls" is touching....
http://www.alhudapk.com/reading-material/articles/hidden_pea rls/hidden.asp

And most important, you want something??? MAKE DUA!!!

Love you all for the sake of Allah,
ma'assalaama.......

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 5:18am

Thank you all for your replies. 

Sister Jenni, I really don't care what the people will think of me or if they will start looking at me because of the hijab.  I used to live in he States and I used to always wear proper clothes and never cared of who would stare at me or not.  People at work knew me because I am a Muslim and knew what they can and can't do infront of me.  I am a Muslim by birth, but I am a good Muslim by choice.  And I am proud to be one.  I fear Allah in everything I do.  People looking or helping is not my problem.  My problem is in me, and that is what I need the help with.

Sister Amah, thank you for the article, but the link you sent is not displaying anything.  Would you please check it out for me?

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my post, Jazzako Allah Kheer all.

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:23am
The point is people take do not appreciate the respect a Muslim woman recieves for wearing hijab in a Muslim country. My Egyptian friend who wears hijab told me, the women in Egypt who try to look modern are crazy, they get teazed by men all the time. The women who wear hijab are respected much more. That was my point! ANd I don't care what anyone says wearing a hijab is way easier in a Muslim country!! So please sisters lets not start the Hijabi/non hijabi war again because everyone is really sick of it. Most sisters in the U.S. don't wear in, most would like to but don't. That is a fact, and as bad as things are for muslims in the west right now I don't think anyone needs to act like a martyr, we are more divided than ever, and divided we will fall...

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:26am
By the way, people also know I am a Muslim, being white with blue eyes and blond hair, looking scandinavian. And they think I am a traitor to marry a Paki and become a Muslim, no one here can judge anyone elses situation but I know especially when it comes to hijab you all love too!!

-------------

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

By the way, people also know I am a Muslim, being white with blue eyes and blond hair, looking scandinavian. And they think I am a traitor to marry a Paki and become a Muslim, no one here can judge anyone elses situation but I know especially when it comes to hijab you all love too!!

who's they?

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:30am
Sister Jenni, take it easy please.  We're not fighting, and talking about these things doesn't have to go this way.  I apologize for mentioning such a topic in this fourm.  I was looking for support not criticism.

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:28am
Originally posted by asala126 asala126 wrote:

Sister Amah, thank you for the article, but the link you sent is not displaying anything.  Would you please check it out for me?

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my post, Jazzako Allah Kheer all.

Assalaamu'alaikum,

Sorry about the link.... there is another way to access that page, through the website's homepage.

goto: http://www.alhudapk.com/
Right at the the top of the page, you will see menu boxes in blue and white....click on Reading Material   (right most box)
Scroll down a little and the second article is Hidden Pearls.

Sorry for the inconvenience sister! Do tell me whether it worked.

Wassalaam

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:36am
Sister Asala,
You have our support and so does everyone else Insha Allah. I dont know if there was any "war" before coz i am new.... but we are sisters in deen, lets not forget that.....

Chill gals!!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:58am

Assalamu Alaikum Sisters:

I was not aware of the "Hijab Wars" either... But I can say that I live in Dallas/Ft. Worth and everywhere you go everyday you see Muslim women in hijab. They are everywhere here. And, most surprisingly, Muslim men in hijab, Masha'Allah. Even when I lived in Nashville most of the Muslim women I knew wore hijab.

Do any of you Sisters sunscribe to Bridges TV? Just curious...

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:06am
I was referring to what they call him, a Paki. That is the reality of what people have said to me. By the way an Arab person I knew found out I was going to marry my husband and said, oh why are  you marrying a Paki? I hate the term, but people say it none the less and I am using it to state how people treat us. I am a traitor and he is a Paki, that is what alot of people where we live think. Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:09am
The war is this fight has been played out extensively over and over here and elsewhere. And women can't get over it. My husband has never had a man ask him where his beard is. Or why he doesn't wear traditional clothing, or why he wears a gold wedding ring. However women can't leave each other alone on this one topic. Hijab, and women choose thier friends and social circles by it. Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:38am
I haven't heard of that war either.  I was just asking what I thought a simple question.  And of course we're all sisters in deen.

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:39am
Yes I found it, thank you so much Amah.

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:45am

My husband has never had a man ask him where his beard is. Or why he doesn't wear traditional clothing,  Peace

Assalamu Alaikum Sister Jenni:

My husband has. Sometimes when he goes to Jumma from work he wears jeans or slacks and many times the Brothers have asked him why he doesn't wear a thobe or djellaba. I told him I think they are right as you are supposed to dress in your best clothes for the prayer. Now he takes a thobe with him when he will be praying at the mosque and on Fridays.

I love men in Islamic clothing. I think it makes them appear quite beautiful.

Salaams, Dwanna

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:46am
Jenni, I understand what you mean.  A lot of women/men ask me to wear the Hijab, and I do want to wear it but only when I have it in my heart as I'm doing it for Allah not for these women.  But sometimes when I think about it, they are telling me to do something good.

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:51am
Originally posted by asala126 asala126 wrote:

Yes I found it, thank you so much Amah.

Alhamdulillah!

And yes, hijab is part of islam, like all other aspects ,thats important too, but people can be harsh. It does happen that they single out hijab to attack on you but ignore other things. Well, thats where we muslims are at fault, am i right? Allahu Aalaam.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:00am

Perhaps they focus on hijab because it is visible?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Perhaps they focus on hijab because it is visible?

yes, probably because of its "physical " attribute..... but other things are visible too like beard....also ...if someone openly backbites, rarely anyone discourages it. isnt that "visible" in a sense..... what do you think?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:36am

Assalamu Alaikum:

Maybe the Muslims here are very nosey, but they will ask about your beard if they know you.

If someone openly backbites that is visible.

I don't know many Sisters who do so openly, they kinda sneak it in when you least expect it. I struggle really hard not to gossip, but I am guilty of listening, which is as bad. For me, it is hard to know the line between when someone is backbiting or someone needs to share a problem or wants help with a situation. Sometimes you just need to get something off of your chest. What I try to do is call a friend in another state who will not know the person I am speaking about and I do not use names.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:42pm
Mishmish, maybe they are nosey. Or maybe my husband looks like he would tell someone to take a hike if they asked him why he doesn't have a beard, which he probably would would.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:09pm
Yes, people are so nosey at times, it it is infuriating. And backbiting is allowed where you need help or advice, especially when you have been wronged. ofcourse, I do avoid mentioning names when i need advice. Dont want to end up  in hell!

-------------

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:24am

Bismillah,

Dear Sisters,

If you do a forum search with the word hijab, you will find many discussions (and arguments) on the topic of hijab.

Backbiting is never allowed, AstagfirAllah.  Maybe you mean "discussing a situation that someone involved wouldn't like you to discuss" for the purpose of getting help or advice is allowed!

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:46am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Dear Sisters,

If you do a forum search with the word hijab, you will find many discussions (and arguments) on the topic of hijab.

Backbiting is never allowed, AstagfirAllah.  Maybe you mean "discussing a situation that someone involved wouldn't like you to discuss" for the purpose of getting help or advice is allowed!

Dear sister,

Gheebah (backbiting) is forbidden. Buhtaan (slandering) and Nameemah (Backbiting to destroy relations) are totally forbidden... Below is article differentiating between all three.
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=brows e&QR=23328&dgn=4

But Gheebah is allowed in six genuine situations, please read article below for details.
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=bro%2 0wse&QR=7660&dgn=4

For nameemah, read article below:

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=bro%2 0wse&QR=26964&dgn=4

Allahu Aalam....
Wassalaam

-------------

Date Posted: 24 March 2006 at 11:13am

Bismillah,

"Similarly, if you speak about your brother or someone else to his guardian or to someone who is able to stop him from doing wrong � with the intention of voicing a grievance and asking for help, or because he has taken something from you unlawfully and you want to demand your rights from the guardian of the one who took what is rightfully yours, such as when a man complains about his brother to his father  if he has mistreated him or taken something that belongs to him, in order to have his rights restored to him, or complaining to a ruler or judge of unfair treatment � this is not gheebah. " (From your quoted web site.)

Why don't you start another thread and post your full article on this topic?  It's a nice link.

In English the word backbiting implies only evil and a different word and/or words should be used for clarification, in English, to help English speakers get the meaning intended.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 24 March 2006 at 11:22am

Assalamu Alaikum:

From the website:

The sixth is for the purposes of identification: if a person is known by a nickname such as al-A�mash (rheumy-eyed), al-A�raj (lame), al-Azraq (blue), al-Qaseer (short), al-A�maa (blind), al-Aqta� (missing a limb) etc., this is permissible for purposes of identification, but it is haraam to use such names for the purpose of belittling a person, and if it is possible to identify them by using other words, this is better. And Allaah knows best.�

People call me Crazy Cat Lady..... I guess it could be excused as a way of identification....

-------------

Date Posted: 25 March 2006 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

People call me Crazy Cat Lady..... I guess it could be excused as a way of identification....

That's rude.......they shouldnt call you that....

The sahabi Abu Hurairah (who has quoted most hadeeth)..his real name was  Abdur-Rahman. Since he was a cat lover, he used to be seen with a kitty on his sleeve. So Prophet (saw) lovingly nicknamed him with this kunya "Abu Huraira" meaning father of kitten.  Hardly anyone knows his real name, he is famous with this name! Many sahaba had other kunyas.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 March 2006 at 10:34pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

It's a joke that goes back to when I was young and my sister was predicting my future. She said I would end up one of those crazy cat ladies who live alone in a corner house with 75 cats. In America crazy cat ladies are famous....

She was pretty close. I'm not alone, and I don't have 75 cats, yet.....

-------------

Posted By: arabia
Date Posted: 25 March 2006 at 10:41pm
very interesting mishmish.................

Date Posted: 25 March 2006 at 10:48pm
Mishmish , then you should be named Um Hurairah! 

-------------

Posted By: firewall3
Date Posted: 26 March 2006 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Yes, people are so nosey at times, it it is infuriating. And backbiting is allowed where you need help or advice, especially when you have been wronged. ofcourse, I do avoid mentioning names when i need advice. Dont want to end up  in hell!

Salam Amah, i do think when u seek justice against a person who have wronged you, that's not backbiting. insulting and testimony is different things.

of course my mom also laments about my siblings to me, and i'd assume she did as well about me to them. but i take that as merely someone who just wants to lets their steam off. i don't think she meant harm at all. for me personally, i will only take offence if the people talk bad with intentions to insult.

others who laments, maybe they're feeling emotional & simply merajuk. they maybe just need some love.

about hijab, i'd prefer muslim women to wear hijab. i admit i felt anguished when the media, even in Muslim Malaysia, kept harassing about the scarf. once a muslim man, wrote in the Muslim Malay paper  that we look ugly with it, the nation is threatened by the scarf because he's bored seeing women scarved, we look (i don't remember the exact wording) but it basically meant unattractive. he wanted the sexy kebaya girls of the 60s again. it hurts my feelings. plus the media idolizes women in skimpy dresses. it's like the cherished are really the non-scarved wearers because they're more glamourous.

but then i see Dr Jemilah of MERCY Malaysia. & that woman doctor profiled by MSNBC (i think she's sp so sweet! ). & i thank Allah, i see some who wears the scarf that i can feel good of myself. so i'm ugly, or unglamourous. but that's not important & i don't want to be seduced by something not important.

thinking about it, there's many scarved women doctors here. even if they're not idolized, even if they just neurosurgeon someone's brain or repair hearts, but they'll never win that 52 awards like the superstars (deemed as national treasures), but i do think higher of doctors, more than celebs. sorry idol stars!

Date Posted: 26 March 2006 at 6:47pm

I think women are their most beautiful in hijab. It makes them glow, Masha'Allah. Now when I see women with lots of makeup and big hair, or girls wearing barely anything it looks abnormal to me.

-------------

Posted By: M E X I
Date Posted: 27 March 2006 at 12:04am

as'salam alaykum wara7matu Allah wa barakatuh..

Dear asala, I would like to share with you something related to Hejab, insha'allah it can be useful for you and your decision to wear it...

Hejab is an act of obedience to Allah [swt] I think you know this verse... "And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna"[24:31].

The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked by hijab and thus the prevention of fitnah. But also wearing hejab we get a shield

The widespread forms of dresses in the world today are mostly for show off and hardly taken as a cover and shield of the woman's body. we as muslimahs, however the purpose is to safeguard our bodies and cover our private parts as a manifestation of the order of Allah [swt]. And well this is an act of Taqwah.

Hejab gives us eman, also is haya there are two authentic hadeeth which state: "Each religion has a morality and the morality of Islam is haya'" AND "Bashfulness is from belief, and belief is in Al Jannah". The hijab fits the natural bashfulness which is a part of the nature of women.

The hijab fits the natural feeling of Gheerah, which is intrinsic in the straight man who does not like people to look at his wife or daughters. Gheerah is a driving emotion that drives the straight man to safeguard women who are related to him from strangers. The straight muslim man has Gheerah for all muslim women in response to lust and desire, men look (with desire) at other women while they do not mind that other men do the same to their wives or daughters.

The mixing of sexes and absence of hijab destroys the Gheera in men. Islam considers Gheerah an integral part of faith. The dignity of the wife or daughter or any other Muslim woman must be highly respected and defended.. insha'allah always...

The best of the women is that one whose wear hejab being muhijabah, this way she keeps away and protects herself from any undue act, or fitnah.

May Allah give you strength to take the correct decision to wear hejab, without dread of what others say, thinks about you. ameen

-------------
�Make straight your path, while daylight's shining yet�

Date Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:16am
Assalaamualaikum

well said mexi...

and yes, unlike how nonmuslims think....hijab covers our heads, not our brains!!

-------------

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 30 March 2006 at 3:20pm

Quote Most sisters in the U.S. don't wear in, most would like to but don't. That is a fact, and as bad as things are for muslims in the west right now I don't think anyone needs to act like a martyr, we are more divided than ever, and divided we will fall...

It is sad that we should have to say this, but yes it is so true. I live in a southwestern desert town with a local air force base and have had tomatoes lobbed at me. I wear hijab over 95% of the time when I am out, I am still building my nursing uniforms to be modest and only wear a white bandanna/turban  when working. I wear long sleeved shirts under my scrubs. (that is really hot in a 120 degree summer!) I put on my Shayla when praying or leaving work. In fact I have reduced my outings so that my son or my husband are with me when I go out. and I have reddish hair and VERY blue eyes, so what? Allah (all praise be unto Him) is merciful and compassionate and knows the affairs of our hearts. What I see that is sad is that in country that was built in the code of religious freedom we seem to have little at times!

maryah

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 30 March 2006 at 3:42pm

Maryah,

There is a site that alot of my mormon friends use. 

http://www.coverwear.com - http://www.coverwear.com

The long sleeve shirts they sell are very thin material and not very hot. 

As Mormons we have special garments (underwear) that defines the boundaries of our clothing and encourages modesty.  The clothing on this site is to help with that.  I know the short sleeves and camisoles would not help you ladies, but a thin material long sleeve shirt can help greatly in the heat.  I live in Utah and it gets HOT in the summer.  Considering on any day I have three layers of shirts. 

Modesty is such a blessing, even in some non muslim faiths.  I have such a great respect when I see a Hijabi out and about.  I know she faces more dangers and greater trials than the Muslim brother with the short beard and western clothes.

Modesty helps a woman respect herself and to feel happy.  Though I disagree that a scarf solely defines modesty, its up to a woman.  Modesty is as much about behaviour than it is about clothing.  A woman can be completely immodest in her speech actions and thoughts but be covered head to toe in a niqab.  But I know women who wear capris pants and modest t-shirts that refuse to hear foul language, have rated R movies in their house and work very hard to ensure their daughters understand that chasity is the most important gift they can give themselves.

Maryah, one last thing, I knew a woman who wore a long white scarf as a nurse....but she pinned it more in the back like a babushka while at work....so the patients couldn't get a hold of it so easy if they struggled.  (She worked in a nursing home with a number of senile patients)  She was non muslim, but she wanted to keep her hair out of her face.

Date Posted: 30 March 2006 at 3:50pm

So what, I am speaking the truth. Listen sisters, if you can't even get most of the women in Muslim countries to wear hijab(like Jordan, Pakistan, Egypt, Kuwait, Tunisia, Turkey ect.) Then you honestly think it will be so easy for women in western countries where women are harassed for them to all just go out and start wearing hijab? Please, my friend told me this-"In America you are all competing to see who is a better Muslim, you all want to turn each other into the muslims that you each think are the best. IF a woman wears a hijab, she wont accept you if you don't. Here in Pakistan a woman who does not wear hijab and one who does can be the best of friends. It is a NON-ISSUE, we don't even discuss it. IT is her choice and we respect it." Please ladies, what I have seen in the Muslim community has shown me NO EVIDENCE that the women who wear hijab are ANY MORE kind or pious than the ones who don't, the only difference between the two is that one has thier hair covered and one doesn't. ANd again if someone doesn't wear hijab, it is none of your business!!!

-------------

Posted By: Danty
Date Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:21pm
Salam Asala,
   I am a muslim who grew up in the US. My parents never pushed me to wear hijab. I know that it is required to wear hijab but the choice should come from your heart. Even when you do decide to put hijab, Allah will help you get through your life. I did not put it until I was 18 but I wish I did it a long time ago. Put your faith in Allah and he will help you.

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 31 March 2006 at 5:25am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

A very good advice from sis danty, Im sure u must hav read hadith qudsi On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

so sis take one step towards Allah swt with sincerity and matters will become easier inshaAllah, another thing bout when sisters say it should come from ur heart n all that then we should be aware of the fact that Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said that worst enemy of believer is between his own two ears meaning his nafs and in another narration that Shaytan runs in human like blood. so mayb it might seem hard to start with bcos u r doing a right thing, pleasing ur lord and thus causing a pain to shaytan so he is making it harder by whisperin n trying to influence ur nafs so step away n inshaAllah it will be ok, there was this sister in my uni she used to be covered head to toe in black n some1 asked her one day dont u feel hot in this in summer, she goes, 'fire of hell is hotter than this' subhanAllah very strong Imaan, our duas r with u inshaAllah n keep us in ur duas

wassalam

Posted By: truemuslim21
Date Posted: 12 April 2006 at 11:03pm
salaam sisters, i just wanna to share my personal experience with u as a muslim female living in New York. i moved here in 2003. when i moved here, i didnot do hijab. but i just started doing it not cuz anybody wants me to do just cuz i wanna to do it. cuz i almost do everything that i am suppose to do as a muslim. and believe me dont care for ppl or this wrold. its all fake and we are here to do our jobs. i would say one more thing do it from ur heart or otherwise dont do it. since, i start doing it, i feel more confident and safe cuz i am doing what i am suppose to do. this life is too short so dont waste ur time in thinking. just do it whatever is good and right and ask Allah's help.may Allah forgive all of us. AH

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 12 April 2006 at 11:32pm

I have one question.

is it compulsory in Islam to wear Hijab? or its personal choice?

Date Posted: 13 April 2006 at 1:14am

So what, I am speaking the truth. Listen sisters, if you can't even get most of the women in Muslim countries to wear hijab(like Jordan, Pakistan, Egypt, Kuwait, Tunisia, Turkey ect.) Then you honestly think it will be so easy for women in western countries where women are harassed for them to all just go out and start wearing hijab? Please, my friend told me this-"In America you are all competing to see who is a better Muslim, you all want to turn each other into the muslims that you each think are the best. IF a woman wears a hijab, she wont accept you if you don't. Here in Pakistan a woman who does not wear hijab and one who does can be the best of friends. It is a NON-ISSUE, we don't even discuss it. IT is her choice and we respect it." Please ladies, what I have seen in the Muslim community has shown me NO EVIDENCE that the women who wear hijab are ANY MORE kind or pious than the ones who don't, the only difference between the two is that one has thier hair covered and one doesn't. ANd again if someone doesn't wear hijab, it is none of your business!!!

Sister Jenni,

I am so sorry you are feeling so defensive. Like I said, I wear Hijab 95% of the time when I am out. I work for a nursing agency and am not permitted to wear anything on my head when I work at the prison. Hijab is a personal choice and is between an Muslimah and Allah (swt) alone. Insh'allah, I believe the sisters were just discussing the matter and did not mean anything personal. After all, this is a discussion forum!

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Date Posted: 13 April 2006 at 7:56am

Assalamu alaikum

Brother ak, covering of whole body other than face, hands and feet (some difference of opinion on feet among major Imams) is fardh, not a sunnah or an option, as the hukm of this could be found in the Holy Quran, here is an answer which explains the ayah of hijab

Concerning the standard explanation of the verse of hijab
Answered by Ustadha Zaynab Ansari

Assalamu alaikum,
I wanted to get clarification on the explanation Sh. Nuh gave on the evidence for hijab. This has been a topic of debate since the hijab ban discussion in France and I'm unclear now on where the requirement comes from.

Sh. Nuh writes:

'There is no other lexical sense in which the word khimar may be construed. The wording of the command, however, and let them drape their headcoverings over their bosoms, sometimes confuses nonspecialists in the sciences of the Qur'an, and in truth, interpreting the Qur'an does sometimes require in-depth knowledge of the historical circumstances in which the various verses were revealed. In this instance, the elliptical form of the divine command is because women at the time of the revelation wore their headcovers tied back behind their necks, as some village women still do in Muslim countries, leaving the front of the neck bare, as well as the opening (Ar. singular jayb, plural juyub, translated as "bosoms" in the above verse) at the top of the dress. The Islamic revelation confirmed the practice of covering the head, understood from the use of the word khimar in the verse, but also explained that the custom of the time was not sufficient and that women were henceforth to tie the headcover in front and let it drape down to conceal the throat and the dress's opening at the top.'

I'm a bit confused about how the wording used in these particular verses are considered to be a command. My earlier understanding of the evidence for hijab was that the specificity of the command came from the hadith in Abu Dawood about the Prophet (AS) pointing out to Asma that only the face and hands should be revealed. Can you please clarify what it is about the wording/grammar in the verses reference above that makes them the evidence for the fard status for hijab? I'm not clear how the word "khimar" in and of itself is used as evidence to say that hijab is required.

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Praise be to Allah. May Allah's peace and blessings shower upon our beloved Messenger.

Dear Sister,

The obligation of hijab is evident when we examine the grammatical structure of this verse.

The translation:

"And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms..." [Abdullah Yusuf Ali]

The style of the language employed in the verse is very important. Allah Most High begins with the imperative form of the verb "qalla," which means to say or tell. Thus, Allah Most High is commanding the Prophet, peace be upon him, to tell the believing women to take a series of steps:

1. To guard their gaze, which is an important factor in modest interaction;

2. To guard their chastity or sexuality;

3. To conceal their adornment and natural beauty, which scholars have interpreted to mean the whole body except for the face, hands, and (for Hanafis) the feet.

4. And, finally, to emphasize the above point, Allah Ta'ala uses the phrase, "wa-lyadhribna bikhumurihinna ala juyubihinna." The verb "yadhribna" which means "to draw or pull over" appears as a feminine plural, thus going back to the original subject of the verse, the believing women. Most importantly, it starts off with the letter "lam," which is called "lam al-amr." Lam al-amr, when prefixed to a present tense verb, such as "yadhribna," makes the verb an imperative, that is, a command. It is not understood as a recommendation, but a specific command directly from Allah Most High to His slaves among the believing women.

Lam al-amr is used in other imperative contexts in the Qur'an. For example, Allah Ta'ala says, "Let the man of means spend according to his means: and the man whose resources are restricted, let him spend according to what God has given him..." [Al-Talaq, 65:7]

Here, Allah Most High is commanding men to spend according to their means in the context of child support for divorced wives.

This is understood to be a command, not a recommendation, since men are required to support their children. The lam of command, or lam al-amr, once again appears prefixed to the present verb, "yunfiq," meaning "to spend." [Qatr al-Nada, Dar al-Asmaa, 96]

To return to the verse in question, the phrase "wa-lyadhribna bikhumurihinna ala juyubihinna," is a command for women to draw their veils over their bosoms. Allah Most High did not say, "And tell the believing women to put on their veils," because implicit in the verse is the understanding that women were already expected to veil. However, unlike the practice at the time of leaving the scarf hanging down the back with the neck and cleavage exposed, Muslim women were to take it one step further and draw the "khimar" or veil over the neck and cleavage area. Those who argue that the Qur'an says nothing about veiling are completely misreading this verse. Not only does the Qur'anic text make it clear that women are expected to veil, it also dictates the extent of the veiling, i.e., covering the neck and cleavage.

This point is elucidated by reports from Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, and other women of the Sahaba, who immediately implemented this verse by tearing up pieces of cloth and covering their hair and bodies. Al-Bukhari recorded that Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, said: "May Allah have mercy on the women of the early emigrants. When Allah revealed the verse:

(and to draw their veils over their bosoms), they tore their aprons and veiled themselves [made khimars] with them.'' [Tafsir Ibn Kathir]

The actions of the Sahaba, may Allah be pleased with them all, did not indicate that hijab was optional. I find it interesting that hijab was not legislated in stages, as opposed to the ban on intoxicants. When the verses in Surat al-Nur were revealed, the female Sahaba immediately covered themselves. Would that we had a fraction of their iman!

And Allah knows best.

Umm Salah (Zaynab Ansari)

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 4:17am

Bismillah,

Brother Ak,  Do a forum search on the topic of hijab because it has been discussed many times and it will take you a long time to read all that has been written before.  Main point, I absolutely disagree with Sister Fatima.  And what happens is that the sisters and brothers who feel as I do leave web sites like this because of the constant nagging and admonitions by others that we will go to hell for such ideas that disagree with theirs.

Look at how rudely Sister Maryah said that Sister Jenny was being "defensive".  I thought Sister Jenny was just stating important facts and I didn't see anything but truth and information in her post.

I always like to point out at this point that brothers have a dress code which they do not follow and then sisters say that is up to them, you are the one who will burn in hell for not putting a cloth on your head.  Whatever.  I also say that women shouldn't be in the front of battles, and by us wearing distinctively Islaamic clothing all of the time whereas the prevailing opinion is that men can slip in and out of Islaamic dress (jeans and suits don't fit the Islaamic requirement for men, brothers!), thus shielding themselves from scrutiny and danger while women wearing hijab do so all of the time exposing themselves to comment, criticism, and physical danger in a place where Muslims are reviled. 

The world reviles us; we need to love each other for our love of Islam and our wonderful rightly guided prophets guidance urges us to do so.  It is NOT loving to say:  You'll go to hell, but that's your business.

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 5:45am
Bismillah,

Assalaamualaikum

As far as going to hell is concerned....Only Allah knows who will go to hell and who to heaven! It is not our place to say such things.

HADITH QUDSI: Narrated AbuHurayrah: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: There were two men among Banu Isra'il, who were striving for the same goal. One of them would commit sin and the other would strive to do his best in the world. The man who exerted himself in worship continued to see the other in sin. He would say: Refrain from it. One day he found him in sin and said to him: Refrain from it. He said: Leave me alone with my Lord. Have you been sent as a watchman over me? He said: I swear by Allah, Allah will not forgive you, nor will he admit you to Paradise. Then their souls were taken back (by Allah), and they met together with the Lord of the worlds. He (Allah) said to this man who had striven hard in worship; Had you knowledge about Me or had you power over that which I had in My hand? He said to the man who sinned: Go and enter Paradise by My mercy. He said about the other: Take him to hell. AbuHurayrah said: By Him in Whose hand my soul is, he spoke a word by which this world and the next world of his were destroyed.  (Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=41&translator=3&start=0&number=4883 - #41 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=41&translator=3&start=0&number=4883#4883 - #4883 )

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:18am

Assalamu alaikum

Im sorry for causing u a hurt sis herjihad, brother ak asked a question and i only mentioned the law, no one said that any1 who dont follow will go to hell cos alhamdulillah i know that Allah swt said in Holy Quran He forgives everything other than shirk to whomever He wills.  I know bout myself and im sure the intention of other sisters who said similar is the same that if some1 asks and is in doubt u try to encourage em to the right by stating the law and every thing else that u can do only to encourage another person into complete submission of Allah swt bcos u know thats whats best for the soul of each n every individual.

sis what men do of wrong is also said to be wrong and im sure there will be many brothers who would be encouraging them to the right path, another thing please dont take everything as an isult or something and if makes u angry then inshaAllah say Istghfar and then forgive for sake of ur lord cos Allah swt loves those who forgive others for his sake, u r getting double reward as u getting wronged and bearing it and then forgiving aswell, and mayb intention of the other person is really sincere cos matters of heart are only known to Allah swt

Lastly living in west i do know its hard so no one should judge another person but sis see the reward, those people in time of Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) and He (saw) himself went through worst of abuse but those are the ones who get nearness of Allah swt, Mayb when some1 mentions hijab is only with the good heart of thinkin all the reward u will get and will also help them in attainin more so subhanAllah thousand of reason, im so so so so so ........ sorry, hope u forgive me

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:28am
Relax sister Fatima!

It is your duty to enjoin good and forbid evil......so continue doing that.

Allah says:

"Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish (i.e. dont punish them)."  
(  سورة الأعراف  , Al-Araf, Chapter http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=7&translator=5 - #7 , Verse http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=7&translator=5#199 - #199 )

"O you who believe! Take care of your ownselves, (do righteous deeds, fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)). If you follow the right guidance and enjoin what is right (Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbid what is wrong (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden) no hurt can come to you from those who are in error. The return of you all is to Allah, then He will inform you about (all) that which you used to do".  
(  سورة المائدة  , Al-Maeda, Chapter http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=5&translator=5 - #5 , Verse http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=5&translator=5#105 - #105 )

"O my son! (Luqman to his son) AqimisSalat (perform AsSalat), enjoin (people) for AlMaroof (Islamic Monotheism and all that is good), and forbid (people) from AlMunkar (i.e. disbelief in the Oneness of Allah, polytheism of all kinds and all that is evil and bad), and bear with patience whatever befall you. Verily! These are some of the important commandments ordered by Allah with no exemption.  
(  سورة لقمان  , Luqman, Chapter http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=31&translator=5 - #31 , Verse http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=31&translator=5#17 - #17 )

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:41am

Bismillah,

Dear Sister Fatima,

Thank you for your kind comments.  Well, Okay.  I forgive you. . Thanks for caring!  You are so thoughtful in your wording, Ma'shah Allah!

Even though I'm being silly, there are two important issues here.  One is that even though the squeaky wheel gets the oil, all the wheels need oil.  Meaning that just because on this web site and others like it and in the mosques as well everyone you know and hear of says hijab meaning head scarf is obligatory et cetera et cetera, doesn't mean that millions of Muslims in this big world that Allah, SWT, created agree.  Millions of us don't agree and don't say that hijab, head scarf is obligatory.  And people get so mad that they start saying it is a bad thing, which I don't normally agree with.  So I am one person presenting this as one Islaamic point of view, but I represent many others who agree.

And if we can solve the issue of how to talk to one another in a loving, non-aggressive, non-offensive way, then we can fix a lot of other problems that we Muslims have amongst each other.  We have so many differences!  Muslims right now are fighting and killing each other and each other's children.  For the sake of Allah, SWT, and His good pleasure with us, we must learn to get along much better than we do.

So I won't grin and bear it when Ammah makes the comment she just did.  She doesn't get it that that is hurtful and mean and not the same thing and doesn't apply.  I know she doesn't intend to hurt, but sisters need to be smarter and adapt and learn how to communicate lovingly and with compassion.  I know more sisters who stopped going to the mosque and Sister's groups for this attitude than for any other reason. 

I don't want to insist with Muslims that I am right that hijab is Not obligatory.  But I do insist that Muslims not discount my integrity and sisters like me because we need to respect each other so that we can build a better world together.  You guys can believe that it is obligatory if you want.  And if you guys want, we can have dialogue about it.  But this debate is killing us.

(Reminder: I wore a scarf for 15 years and a jilbab very many years also. )

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:45am

Bismillah,

May Allah, The Merciful and Loving forgive you Sister Amah.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:55am

So I won't grin and bear it when Ammah makes the comment she just did.  She doesn't get it that that is hurtful and mean and not the same thing and doesn't apply.  I know she doesn't intend to hurt, but sisters need to be smarter and adapt and learn how to communicate lovingly and with compassion.  I know more sisters who stopped going to the mosque and Sister's groups for this attitude than for any other reason. 

Dear sis, which comment of mine hurt you?????

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:58am
Herjihad, I know your integrity!! IF I needed Islamic advice I would come to you First!!! Your a patient kind woman.. Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 8:11am

Bismillah,

Salaamu alaykum, Sister Jenni.  I am humbled by your kind words.  JazzakAllahKhayr.  May Allah, SWT, forgive and guide us all.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 8:25am

Bismillah,

Sister Amah,  When you say:

Relax sister Fatima!

It seems that you equate not wearing a scarf to evil.  Is that not what you meant?

Turning away from the sick and oppressed is evil.  Pornography is evil.  Beating your wife and children is evil. Murder is evil.  Being rude all the time when you could be patient and kind is evil. 

Sisters who wear modest clothing, don't pick up guys in bars, read Quran, care for their families are some of the behaviors that describe good people to me.  I don't see ANY evil in such people, but especially I don't see they are evil for not having a head cloth on.

I appreciate your quote indicating that we are not to tell each other we are going to hell or we may do so in the end.  Sisters aren't usually saying it so directly, but instead they are quoting verses unrelated to the scarf which say people are going to hellfire as response to my and other sisters comments that we don't intend to wear scarves especially in western countries where we know abuse and degradation will be heaped on us.

Thank you for trying to relate to what we are saying, Sister.  JazzakAllahKhayr.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:25am

Bismillah,

Sister Amah,  When you say:

Relax sister Fatima!

It seems that you equate not wearing a scarf to evil.  Is that not what you meant?

no sister, i did not intend to say what you are thinking. you are taking it personally. i really didnt know!

Turning away from the sick and oppressed is evil.  Pornography is evil.  Beating your wife and children is evil. Murder is evil.  Being rude all the time when you could be patient and kind is evil.

yes all these are big evils! i agree. who wouldnt?

Sisters who wear modest clothing, don't pick up guys in bars, read Quran, care for their families are some of the behaviors that describe good people to me.  I don't see ANY evil in such people, but especially I don't see they are evil for not having a head cloth on.

thats between Allah and you!

I appreciate your quote indicating that we are not to tell each other we are going to hell or we may do so in the end.  Sisters aren't usually saying it so directly, but instead they are quoting verses unrelated to the scarf which say people are going to hellfire as response to my and other sisters comments that we don't intend to wear scarves especially in western countries where we know abuse and degradation will be heaped on us.

i do understand the problems many sisters face for  their hijab. iam one of them....

Thank you for trying to relate to what we are saying, Sister.  JazzakAllahKhayr.

enjoining good and forbidding evil is a duty put on us by Allah, do you agree or not? sister fatima was just stating the ruling on hijab for the sake of enjoining good (thats what i think), so i just encouraged her.

no offence was meant to you!! please sister, for allah's sake....believe me! if i stop praying my 5 times prayer, will you tell me to pray or will you think "its none of my business"? are you getting my point?

just because a woman is not in hijab does not mean i doubt her integrity. no way! i am no judge. but i will advise her to wear hijab purely for allahs sake, if it wasnt my duty to do that believe me, i would mind my own business.

i love you for the sake of allah, even if i do not agree with you on something, i will not say anything to hurt you. i have liked your previous posts, i do believe that you are a kind and forgiving woman, may allah reward you lots. please forgive me sister.

subhanakallahumma wa bi hamdika , nash hadu allah ilaha illa anta nastaghfiruka wa natoobu ilayya.....

-------------

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:31am

Herjihad well said..

Since becoming a Moslem I am fascinated by the fact that this issue, more then others, pushes so many personal buttons, within myself and others.

Whether non-Moslems or Moslems.. how we appear to the world is a hot-button issue.

I was on another Moslem women's web site and this woman wrote a post making fun of all those women who were wearing some type of scarf but it was not 'perfect', would slide off etc.. I was new to Islam and left that site and never went back.  

I think if we would just stop this and do something to make the world a bit better we would be further along.

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:04am
O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult ones brother after having Faith (i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked", etc.). And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimoon (wrong-doers, etc.).  
(  سورة الحجرات  , Al-Hujraat, Chapter http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=49&translator=5 - #49 , Verse http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=49&translator=5#11 - #11 )

-------------

Date Posted: 19 April 2006 at 8:20am

Bismillah,

JazzakAllahKhayr for your  post, Sister Amah!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 April 2006 at 5:46am

Assalamu alaikum

May Allah swt bless us all with His true guidance, ameen. felt really nice reading last few posts cos of the fact that law of Allah swt is held up high n alhamdulillah no one is hurt either, thats why i think it is so important to understand the ahadith which state that nasiha should be given with good manners. cos if u telling some1 right thing but in the process u hurt their feeling then they are neva going to come to the truth bcos of shortcoming of person who is giving nasiha.  it also shows that lack of communication causes alot of problem some times

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 25 April 2006 at 5:19am

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult ones brother after having Faith (i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked", etc.). And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimoon (wrong-doers, etc.).  
(  ���� �������  , Al-Hujraat, Chapter http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=49&translator=5 - #49 , Verse http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=49&translator=5#11 - #11 )

Ameen, sister Amah, whether a woman chooses to wear the veil or not is between her and Allah (swt) alone. We should not judge one another! Jazak'Allah Khair!

-------------

Posted By: Moona
Date Posted: 26 April 2006 at 1:29pm
I think a muslim woman looks BEAUTIFUL in a hajib.I hate to say this,but I'm kinda a hajib cloth's horse!  I've found a great Islamic clothing site for women,and they have so many beautiful hajib's.I live currently in America,am a 'revert'.I've gotten my share of mean looks from non muslim's here,but I dont care what they think,I only care that I am doing right by Allah.My husband (who was raised muslim) never forced me to wear hajib.But I became convicted that wearing the hajib is the right thing to do. I dont care if non muslim's judge me for keeping covered.I dont mean to sound judgemental or anything,this is simply MY expeirence.

-------------
Moonie

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net