IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - chastity, virginity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

chastity, virginity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 1:16pm

Originally posted by schwester schwester wrote:

but anyway, i think the question about girl's virginity suits only virgin men. and if a girl was divorced, widowed, or have lost her virginity because of some deseases, or any other, and hasn't done any zina then for what reason a brother(especially nonvirgin), asking this quesion to learn sister's iman(how much she is far from sins), should ignore her? she hasn't done zina. for what other reasons may a MUSLIM-wife-seeking MUSLIM brother require girl's virginity? or you think it is right just to wish a virgin girl? does such brother have the right iman?

That is a very good question.  Perhaps a good question to ask this man, would be to counter him with the same question?  If he becomes offended, then the sister should walk away.  There was a recent study that showed (In the US) virginity pledgers lie.  If the brother answers bashfully that he is a virgin or he admits to a.) being married or b.) failing in the past.  The second question I would put forth is why does it matter to you if I have not committed zina? (since my Shahada for reverts, or divorce for Muslimahs)

Ummziba posted a lovely set of questions a woman should ask her perspective spouse.  I would check them out.

schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 1:01pm
but anyway, i think the question about girl's virginity suits only virgin men. and if a girl was divorced, widowed, or have lost her virginity because of some deseases, or any other, and hasn't done any zina then for what reason a brother(especially nonvirgin), asking this quesion to learn sister's iman(how much she is far from sins), should ignore her? she hasn't done zina. for what other reasons may a MUSLIM-wife-seeking MUSLIM brother require girl's virginity? or you think it is right just to wish a virgin girl? does such brother have the right iman?
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 6:23am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

Originally posted by sister_m82 sister_m82 wrote:

oh me silly girl. i'm shy to say this , but.. you won't believe what's my answer to my confused question. i've just found out that Zina is NOT a SIN for nonmuslims. . and as i had proposals mostly from nonmuslims, it was weird for me when i was questioned for the first time if i was a virgin or not. yeah, now you all know who is sister_m82 , a girl laughing at her own silliness. pray for me to gain more good knowledge. sorry

after some surfings in inet to find smth on this topic, only this text caught my attention:
"Sex is a major component in most relationships. And part of finding Miss Right includes being with a person who has the same sexual mentality and physicality you do, regardless of their saintly or sordid past."

Zina is NOT a SIN for nonmuslims.

it does not really matter....because all the deeds of non muslims are going in vain....as they are not muslims.....and the greatest sin that they are committing is denying this: There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, and Prophet Muhammad is the believing slave and final messenger of Allah

Bismillah,

Just for the sake of anyone reading this:  Many people don't agree with Brother Salman.  (Only Allah, The All-Knowing, knows who loves Allah more or not.  Maybe you will flip right before you die Brother.  Be steadfast.  May Allah, The Most Merciful, open your heart and mind just a bit more.)

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 5:43am

oh me silly girl. i'm shy to say this , but.. you won't believe what's my answer to my confused question. i've just found out that Zina is NOT a SIN for nonmuslims. . and as i had proposals mostly from nonmuslims, it was weird for me when i was questioned for the first time if i was a virgin or not. yeah, now you all know who is sister_m82 , a girl laughing at her own silliness. pray for me to gain more good knowledge. sorry

after some surfings in inet to find smth on this topic, only this text caught my attention:
"Sex is a major component in most relationships. And part of finding Miss Right includes being with a person who has the same sexual mentality and physicality you do, regardless of their saintly or sordid past."

Zina is NOT a SIN for nonmuslims.

it does not really matter....because all the deeds of non muslims are going in vain....as they are not muslims.....and the greatest sin that they are committing is denying this: There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, and Prophet Muhammad is the believing slave and final messenger of Allah

Edited by salman_s
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 1:21pm

Why the LDS quote? Do you really think that any Muslim who believes in one God, that God had know offspring, and that Muhammad (pbuh) was the last Prophet would ever believe in Joseph Smith or Bringham Young as a prophet?

Salaamu Alaykum

I was a Mormon as a little girl, and now I am a Muslimah as an adult. Sister Angela has stated her position to you so politely.  And I say to you that it is best not to doubt people's intentions as you have done here.  Maybe next time do a forum search with her name and read before you falsely accuse her.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 1:20pm

Mishmish,

You know I'm an addict.  Its all that wholesome goodness. 

Yes, the statistics I originally posted were from the CDC website and are only for the United States.  You'd have to go to the WHO for world statistics and I couldn't find any that broke it down by exposure type on a world scale.  Still 25,000 cases to 17,000 cases, that means that 59% of new cases are not from homosexual sex in 2004....and theres the "growing" problem. 

I read a report today where 41 percent of teen girls surveyed at Planned Parenthood clinics report having unwanted sex because of fear and pressure.  They were 50% less likely to use condoms because of the same fear.  All the girls in the study were sexually active, no virgins were interviewed obviously (so that's not 41% of ALL girls just sexually active teens).  All the girls were between 15-17 and the number one reason was fear their boyfriend might get mad at them.

The study stressed teaching both boys and girls about abstinence and pressure, as well as, communication. 

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 1:11pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

Angela, you Muslim groupie you... Here today to get your fix?

I assume these are statistics for the U.S. only? Because in India, where Aids is spreading the quickest, and in Africa, most cases are heterosexually spread. In India, there is a huge epidemic among the prostitutes there, and of course we have all heard about Africa.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 11:35am

ummsami,

You are new here, you don't know me. I have been here a long time.  I came to this board to learn about Islam after the 7/7 London Bombings.  I wanted to know why Muslims were out to kill all Christians, Jews and Westerners.  I wanted to know why Muslim women allowed themselves to be abused.  I've learned alot about Islam since then.  Does it change my belief in God, Christ or the Holy Spirit?  No, but I have come to respect Muslims and Muslimahs as a very misunderstood people.  (Much like my own.)  I have made some very dear friends here and because of me hanging out, my family and friends are become educated about how Islam is not a religion of hate and violence.  But, you know, if you want Americans to remain ignorant, you'll have no one to blame when the world continues to hate you and believe the media's lies. 

One does not need to be interested in converting in order to be interested in learning.  I've learned about many cultures and faiths in my life.  I have lived in Russia, studied India and worked for an Indian family.  I have studied, Russian, Latin, Japanese and now Arabic.  Learning is precious and we are instructed as Latter Day Saints to study and expand our minds with learning.  We are taught to build bridges, not burn them.  We are taught to see the truth whereever it is and whomever brought it forth.  Truth is in all faiths, you just have to look.  We are all children of God and we should not be hateful towards each other.

My issue with your stance on AIDS is that its too far past the stages where you must focus on men having sex with men.  Instead you need to focus on not having sex outside of marriage and knowing your partner and staying faithful within marriage.

Yes, the statistics show more gay men have the disease since the CDC started keeping track, but the percentages of increase are FASTER in the black and non gay communities.  Not to say its not still spreading like wildfire in all communities.  If you keep blaming the gay population, then the heterosexuals will falsely think they are safe.  That is what I'm trying to get through to you.  We need to work on the very real HUMAN problem.  I know a family that were all diagnosed at the same time.  The wife was anemic and was given a blood transfusion.  She was infected and didn't know, then she passed it to her husband and unborn child....they found it when she gave birth. 

I see that you understand that being straight doesn't mean your immune, but you must understand, not everyone thinks in those terms.  So the education has to focus on the disease, how its spread and how its avoided, for EVERYONE.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic