IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - eye brows  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

eye brows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eye brows
    Posted: 09 November 2005 at 11:28am

Bismillah,

There is an old wives tale I heard that marriage is blissful!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
soulsearching View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulsearching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 9:30am
Originally posted by sinful servant sinful servant wrote:

its like a woman with a beard,Allah mighthave put the hair there but its not NORMAL for a woman to have that much facial hair.

where does Allah say that? and if it is required to NOT have hair on your face to be good, then is Allah testing a person by giving them abnormalities?

it is not NORMAL to be increadibly disfigured, like people who are born with a cleft palatte or a missing limb but does that mean it is required of them to try to look "normal". surely we can respect Allahs creation by being as clean and healthy as possible not by shaming those who were created different-looking.

since when was islam so obsessed about finding husbands?

Edited by soulsearching
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 5:15am

Bismillah,

I agree with soulsearchings interesting observation.  Who says facial hair or single eyebrows aren't feminine?  When did this idea come about?

Of course, your point SS about drug interactions is valid.  But all of this work that women have to perform just to be acceptable to men is quite possibly, well, frivilous!  Allah, SWT, did make us with hair!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
sinful servant View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinful servant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 3:08am

the reason thatwe are allowed to get rid of hair on the cheeks or chinis because for a women that is not NORMAL.it may disfigure her face and, if she is married then her husband might want her to remove it.it IS Allah's creation that the hair gotthere...but somtimes it is also a result of nasty side effects for example...Oral contraceptives lead to facial hair growth for women.

its like a woman with a beard,Allah mighthave put the hair there but its not NORMAL for a woman to have that much facial hair.

the thing here is about changing the SHAPE of your eye brows.because that is changing somthing that women(all humankinD)are SUPPOSE to have!

hope i havent confused you.if u want ...go to islam-online.net and type in fatwa on eyebrows or even the site here on islamicity and you can see what comes up!

may Allah be pleased with us all

soulsearching View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulsearching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 10:57am

how strange then that eyebrow shaping is so common in arabic culture..nowadays at least.

also something confuses me..from an earlier post..

"Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani, Tabari, Nawawi, among others have actually prohibited any kind of modification to the eyebrows, even removing hair from in between linked eye-brows. Tabari has considered it to be changing the creation of Allah."

"However, they have permitted the removal of hair for women from the chin and above the upper lip (if a beard or a moustache develops), since this is to avoid resembling men."

but a woman who naturally has a moustache was created this way by Allah. So question is why would Allah create her in  a way that would displease him and presumably her husband.

I thought the idea of accepting Allahs creations as they are to be quite wonderful..where does all this "normal/abnormal" stuff come into it..is it in the Quran?

sinful servant View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinful servant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 3:39am

as salaam mu alaikum

before i start i would like to first explain why i chose this nickname.sinful servant is quite a controversial one..i chose it because we are all sinners although we try and do the bnest we can to stay away from shaytaan we are still all sinners...this nickname doesnt portray me as an individual but rather all of us who are trying to do the right thing in Allah;s eyes.may Allah shower us with his Mercy and Forgive us our shortcomings

i'd like to quote herjihaad when she said there is no compulsuion in islam...you are right that the Holy Qura'an states this,,,but that is for the non believers..that we do not force our religion  on them,,,however once u become muslim then the compulsion of doing what is right and keeping away from waht is wrong..comes into play...just a small thing i would like to bring to your attention.

aminah View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 7:09am

Salam

Ramadan Mubarak may Allah forgive us all our sins and admit us into paradise.

We are brothers and sisters in Islam we are all suppose to remind ourselves to be better muslims and share information with each other.

The Holy Quran is a reminder from Allah may He guide us unto the right path.

Remember to feed the fasting person if you are able there is great reward in it.

Masalam

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 11:09am

There is a difference between helping and educating and bashing people over the head with something again and again...

And all helping should be done with grace and humility.... 

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic