IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ideal Muslimh  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ideal Muslimh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideal Muslimh
    Posted: 19 October 2005 at 5:58am

Bismillah,

LOL about the vitamin deprivation comment!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
MayPB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 7:00pm

Bro 123,

My thoughts... I don't like the website or the picutures of the niqabi dressed woman. I think hijab is meant to cover our hair, not transform women into dressing like tents. Some women will work, doctors, nurses administrative assistants, teachers and I wonder how will they work while wearing that get up? Do you think these women will be taken seriously covered head to toe in black? And for the woman who works in the home, she has to take the baby to the doctor, on the bus or go the grocery store, she is supposed to wear that???? Muslim women who stay at home and wear that stuff just don't have the same social experiences that constitute as "healthy" with non-muslims and muslims alike. Your website makes  Islam look like a cult. not to mention that niqab promotes a serious lack of vitamin D and is unhealthy. Why would you promote something that causes a vitamin definciency?

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 10:16pm

Edited by firewall
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

"Women do less work and are less productive thanmen; they are less innovative and less ambitious."

This is just a personal opinion. A funny (!) personal opinion.

What about islam's point of view?

Hz.Muhammad (sav) showed Hz.Aise to sahaba and said; learn your half of deen (religion) from this woman.

That's it!

We have learned half of our deen from a "precious" woman.

If the woman do less work, than why our Prophet (sav) did his own housework such as cleaning, sewing etc.?

He is a perfect exemple for everybody. We should follow his way.. Forget other personal opinions.. Just follow our prophet's (sav) sunnah...

Edited by Henna
Brother123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 6:17am
Ah But can he cook curry dishes?
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 5:22pm

Bismillah,

Hilarious!  I hate to tell you, but I never could get used to curry dishes.  If only my husband were as patient as he is excellent at cooking, he would be married to the ideal Muslimah. LOL.

Seriously, the ideal Muslim and Muslimah are the ones who please Allah, SWT.  Whatever jobs we do, being devoted to Allah, SWT, shines above all other things.  That is what I and many of us need to improve upon.

My nickname implies the best way I know how to do that:  My jihad is to devote my energy and efforts to my kids and their success in this life and the next.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Brother123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 5:10pm

Forget the ironing. The question is can he cook?

I doubt if you can cook as good as me (let alone your husband )

You cant beat my tandoori chicken. 

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2005 at 5:11pm

Bismillah,

Salaams to all.

Ethnocentrism is hard to escape.  Whereever you are from, you don't seem to know what the American culture advocates for its people.  First of all there are many, many differences amonst us.

I was raised to believe that women were meant to stay home, raise the children, and obey her husband.  Funny thing is that I've changed since I became a Muslimah.  I see Islaam as my rebelion and my freedom.  Women and men are equal in piety before Allah, SWT.

And Allah, SWT, is neither male nor female.  What a great religion.  I am so glad that I don't have to go to a priest or a sheikh as a mediator between me and Allah, SWT!  I can just be Muslimah, the way I understand and believe, and it's between Allah, SWT, and me!

(My husband is so great at ironing.  And he is a real man too.)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic