IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are Good Muslim Men Still Around?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are Good Muslim Men Still Around?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sakeena View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakeena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Good Muslim Men Still Around?
    Posted: 26 October 2006 at 4:50am
Someone has to raise good Muslims, male or female. When parents start disciplining and stop worshiping their children, then we'll see a change.
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 4:42am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Yeah i think sometime i do take my world as the whole world . But i was talking about the Practising Brothers in UK but again my world

Wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 9:42am

Good post Ummtaaha..

as you say, all kinds of people everywhere. Good we have a variety for the different types of people.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 1:41am

whats a good muslim man

different people look for different qualities and whats good for u may not be good for me. its all about preference and priority. who are we to judge whats good and what isnt good

people can pretend to be good in the public eye, yet they are tyrants at home and we are none the wiser of their character.

its only when u start to live with a person that their true nature and character surfaces and often by then its too late cos u already probably married to the guy

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 6:15pm

In my view Fatima, your chance to meet pious people from traditional muslim lands has been small, thus your observation is from statistically a small set of people.

I have seen muslims here from so many middle eastern, indian subcontinet, and south east asian countries.

We have Japanese sisters who are married to Pakistani, Egyptian,and Jordanian brothers, and they are practicing muslimas, then we have american "girl friends" of some muslim brothers.

We see people with all shades and levels of adherence to Islam. My general observation is most of the Bangladeshis here have a kind of moderate attachment to the deen. As for pakistanis, there are people who have beard, pyjamas above ankles, and others who would even wear a tie. There have been brothers from pakistan who would begin their day with the recitation of one complete juz of the quran, while others who may not be praying regularly except the jumua. .. So we cannot generalise as to what the case may be in Pakistan. It could be that the public coming to the west is more casual with their deen, however in the country itself things must be different.

Times are changing very fast in India and pakistan. Thanks to the media blitz and cable networks for an entire catalogue of TV channels. It is almost impossible to talk people into dumping the idiot box, but it is doing more harm than good in any part of the world. However, it is again pakistan that has a 24 hour islamic channel on their TV - The Q-TV of Pakistan claims to be the only channel running round the clock presenting programs on deen alone. Its quality is really alhamdullillah.  - I dont know about the TV in Saudia.

The contrast in choices of people is such that there are muslim reverts who have moved out of the west (to traditional muslim lands), because they think the temptation in their home countries is large, and chances for one to fall in fitna are greater. Then on the other hand we can find people from so many muslim countries wanting to move to Canada, Australia, US and Europe. It could be more likely that the people who are moving out and those who are moving in to US are different.

If you care to visit Jordan or Syria or Yemen, you will find the general public more traditionally islamic than in the US. I can name islamic scholars from US and Canada, who have chosen to live in these countries.

So, sis, sometimes our view of facts can be telescopic, not allowing us to see the entire canvas  

It is great that many reverts have serious adherence to Islam. Alhamdulillah, and allahu akbar to that!

However you don't have to go too far to find reverts (from US) who challenge Islam with all kinds of bizzare ideas - we have seen many on Islamicity discussion boards itself.

Edited by UmmTaaha
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 4:55am

Assalamu alaikum

There is this saying which i love that restrictions or shortcomings of humans tells us about the Most Mighty and The Most Able. I am sorry if you think my comments were in a negative attitude and i am sorry to whoever felt this way, but they are just my views. The area that i have been brought up almost has no practising muslims, again im being vague because there are only handfull people in a whole town. Then when i went to university, alhamdulillah it had people as you described people you see in saudi arabia, keeping their gazes lower and rest of it. I have also been to pakistan and seen people there, there is no concept of lowering the gaze, you get stared till you are in sight of those poeple. Places like islamabad and big cities, it is a different world of competing in being 'modern'.

My friend got married to a brother from pakistan, regular in prayer and all the other faraid. The other day i was trying to convince her to start praying and inshaAllah Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala will make it easy for her. She said to me that its really hard to find time and her husband who was regular in prayer, even he cant find time. Thats is what I have seen a norm here, people coming from back home and changing, i think an act of conviction does not crumble like this.

But again these are my views, So i was just sharing my opinion and my experience. Even the great scholars had different views and it dont make the other person wrong and there is saying of Ali (ra) that sharing the view of every kind and being popular among every1 alike is characteristic of a hypocrite. So alhamdulillah we can disagree.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 2:50am
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

I dont know why but i have different view about this, i think practising brothers in west are more knowledgeable mashaAllah. In islamic countries people are taught religious matters and it does come as second nature to them but most of times there is no awareness about true purpose behind those acts. No disrespect to any brother in islamic country but im talking about majority of times. In west you have to learn the deen and implement it and it requires alot of struggle because there are so many attractions to go stray. So you keep on your toes all the time, you are mindfull and alhamdulillah its beautifull.

I saw a brother giving some coins to a lady on counter to pay for something and it was beautifull seeing him try to avoid touching her hand. So alhamdulillah there are good muslims around

wassalam

I do not understand the background behind your opinion.

I have lived in the east and the west for considerable periods of time. I feel that there are some qualities in people that are not restricted by nationality, race, culture, upbringing, or other factors. These qualities are being moral vs being immoral, having a sense of responsibility vs not having the sense of such, the list goes on. The level of religiosity is one of the factors.

I cannot judge or even venture to guess if some people in a particular place are more or less Islamic than the others.

You are moved by seeing a man trying not to touch the hand of a lady. Well, in some countries, it is the norm to be very deferent towards women. In Saudi Arabia, if there is a woman in the elevator, a man will not enter it. For exchange of money, there is not hand to hand exchange, the money is placed on the counter or put in the bag with other purchases. Most men turn their gaze after the first glance. When I moved here, I was surprised to see that even when you ask someone a question, they look at the floor or someplace else while they answer you. This is the everyday occurrences with normal people. There are many who are more practicing and I imagine how they conduct themselves. However as with all places, there are some that are not practicing as you will find in any other place too.

You are also saying that in the west there are more attractions? Except in Saudi Arabia, no other Islamic country has enforced the black abaya or headcovering for women. In many traditional cultures, there is a segregation of sexes at a very early age. Because of Satellite TV and the Internet there is hardly any gap in the entertainment section between the east and west.

But can you imagine a man who has not been in close contact or even in the same room with a woman other than his mother/sister/aunt. And a man who has interacted with women( though it may be in a very courteous and halal way) The first man is more susceptible to shaitan than the one who has been desensitized because he has lived this way and grown out of it�.I hope I am able to convey what I think.

You have been careful to use the word �mostly� and �majority of times� and even said �no offence� but really your statement is biased and it reflects a �holier than thou� attitude.

I see that you are a moderator and this makes it even more disappointing.

Najamsahar

Mohammed_M View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohammed_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 7:32pm

salaam sisters (and brothers lol)

Just like to say that there are good decent muslim men around... it all depends on how they were/are brought up by their parents and families,  etc... 

I know its not good to brag about oneself (I heard this lastnite after tarawih prayer).. but the way I, my brothers and sisters and ALL my cousins have been brought up, in such a kind, informative, practising and Islamic way,  has made me and the rest of my family good ppl who know the rights and wrongs in Islam.  we know and show respect to our elders and especially to ALLAH -SWT-.. yes some of us may not be Hafiz, Aalims or Aalimas (but most in are family are), but we do try and do all the Sunnahs of THE PROPHET -PBUH- and pray 5 times a day...  also I think because of the way we have been brought up (which I think is because of our grandfather, who kept our parents strong, and intouch with Islam when they migrated here from Asia/Africa back in the 50's), that has rubbed off on us and is now rubbing off on the next generation (my nephews and neices), most of whom are already doing Quran Hafiz at an early age...  Also because of the way we have been taught to LOVE Islam, ALLAH -SWT- and PROPHET MUHAMMAD -SAW-, in our family (my cousins n relatives etc), we ONLY and MOSTLY only go on holiday to the Prophets Mosque and to the Holy KA'BA...  even this year my grandma and a few cousins are doing Ramadhan there... Its THE only place for us.

An saying that I would just like to share, that the way me and my bros and sisters n couzins behave, has actualy made our family very respectful to others, and a lot of other families want to marry in to ours because they know what we are like etc and they know the next generation will be taught well, and INSHALLAH they will ameen...

Sorry brothers and Sisters, I do not wish to brag... I just want others to be able to know how we were brought up, and how that has made us into decent enough ppl..

so to finish, I would just like to say, their must be many other families like mine, which would mean there ARE still good men around. and INSHALLAH there will be more in the future.

INSHALLAH hope and pray you single sisters find those good brothers, and mothers INSHALLAH hope and pray you find the good ones for your daughters. Ameen

I'm not married yet beacuse its kinda difficult for our family to find good women, so please make dua for me... you know what make dua for all the Muslim Ummah here now, and the ones to come in the future to be good muslims, so its easy for us all and so we dont have to worry, as long as they are good muslims, should be enough, and INSHALLAH MAY ALLAH -SWT- guide and help us, and keep us on the right path. AMEEN

W.SALAAM

PS I shouldnt even be here on the sisters section.... gone lol

Edited by Mohammed_M
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic