IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WOMEN ONLY -PLEASE ! Women undergarments  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WOMEN ONLY -PLEASE ! Women undergarments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOMEN ONLY -PLEASE ! Women undergarments
    Posted: 04 February 2007 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

And also me living in an western way of life,on every new year night my mother and her four cracky sisters are coming to the house carrying the red underwears on their hands and saying all give them a luck for the new year...is this normal?

Finally we are all suffering...

LOL!

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 10:40am

As Salamu Alaykum Sisters,

I know this section is for women but enough i heard what i heard and i swear if you could not write only for women please!, i would not be here.Time share that we brothers are also suffering from the same issue only one thing different.In my city Tiffany,Benetton or Seven Hill employees are all young girls over 18 to 24,can you imagine how embarrassing to choose a one thing while they guide inside even chaning in the locker room they  ask after  every 5 minutes, is it ok?,any problem?,shall i see?....

And also me living in an western way of life,on every new year night my mother and her four cracky sisters are coming to the house carrying the red underwears on their hands and saying all give them a luck for the new year...is this normal?

Finally we are all suffering...

nonnie11 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nonnie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 8:31am

I live in Saudi and it is very uncomfortable and intimidating to have men working in those stores. In Saudi, only men can work in stores/malls. The idea that men should be going into those stores to buy womens garments is absurd. I think my husband would be uncomfortable in a store like Victoria Secret with a woman or man working there. Earlier this month I went into Nayomi...equivalent to Victoria Secret... and this man was walking right next to me, telling me that this looks nice and wanting to find my size. I was mordified. Another time I was in a department store in the garments section and these grown men were in the same section acting like they wanted to buy something but they were just watching what that women were picking up. Thank God, now we are starting to see these stores gradually employ women. They are only allowing women inside and have like a gloss over the glass so no one can see inside. InshAllah, things will change.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 12:11pm

I would be embarrassed to death to buy underwear from a man.  My friends would never purchase from a man either.  If the husband wants to buy underwear for his wife as a surprise present, maybe HE should order from an online company.  I love nice undies, but even if I'm in line to pay for them, and a man in in line behind me, I can feel my face turning red.  And I'm just a normal woman....I'm neither a prude, nor a "trollop".  I just don't want any man other than my husband to see my underwear...even if I haven't yet worn it.  The same goes for "feminine hygiene products".  I could just die when I come to pay and it's a man at the checkout!  Then I really turn as red as a lobster.  Once the price would not scan, and this man yelled across the pharmacy, "hey, what's the price for this box of tampons?" I walked straight out of the store, empty handed!

Seems a little perverted in a way for a man to be selling ladies lingerie.  Maybe he has a "little problem"...but most stores in the US would not hire a man for that job anyway.  They would hire him in the men's department instead.

Marta_Akmal asked:

"I have a question....when your in the hospital after the birth and people come to visit, is there a short robe, with maybe a hood I could cover with, or is this something I am going to have to sew for myself?"

You can purchase them in the store.  I had a nice short, terry cloth robe with a hood.  It was great!  I finally wore it out I wore it so often.  They sold them at J.C. Penneys and Sears.  You may want to check them out.......and CONGRATULATIONS on the upcoming birth of your little baby! 

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
USA-NIQAABI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA-NIQAABI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 4:46am

Assalamu'Alaikum Um Sami,

Yes...Mash'Allah you are right even in the government department stores when we would travel into Tanta in El Gharbia Egypt they had female sales women in these departments...

But we live in a small farming village Soberbai not far from Tanta.

The Sr's have a good system they go door to door during the day and sit down with the sisters and sell or barter what they need...

One sister would come every morning selling cheese or yeast and trade for milk or eggs....

Another sister would trade water from the families well for some fresh produce...

My sister-n-laws husbands go into the city and buy the fabric from fabric stores on huge hanging bolts and bring it home and we all decide what we need and take it to a sister that sews and pay her to sew for us, or if we know someone with a machine rent it or borrow it from them.....

There is one village not far from Tanta that is famous for it's cotton garments and there all of the sisters sell to sisters so it's a nice day trip to take the bus and go....

But you are right about the employment situation. The sr's I know that are employed are employed in lower paying government type positions....

MasSalaama

umsami View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umsami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 7:35pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

I also think that part of it may be that in more traditional societies... women, especially once they are married, do not tend to work.  Also many of these countries have such high unemployment that if there are jobs available, they often go to men who have families to support.

I know that when we were in Egypt, every shop I visited had women selling to women.  I wouldn't have been comfortable dealing with a man in that situation... and I don't think my husband would have either.  I think it's a modesty issue.  No man wants to talk to another man about what size bra his wife wears.  That's just weird... and that's a private issue between husband and wife IMHO.  (Of course, probably many men have no idea what size their wives wear. ;) )

Peace. :)

UmmAminata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 5:16pm

one time I heard my oldest say "Just go to bed Mama and Baba have some Discussion planned" LOL...the way he said it... was hillarious almost like the 4 of them were thicker than thieves trying to avoid a possible restriction or punishment....My hubby and I sat down to have our evening coffee that night and had a good chuckle about it.

That is too cute!     

Mrs. Dia
marta_akmal View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marta_akmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 1:12pm

Edited by marta_akmal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic