IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims definition of  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims definition of

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 12:51pm

Yes I understand the root word to mean peace, more wods from the root word:

salam - peace
salima -to be saved or to escape from danger
salama - the stinging of a snake  
Islam - submission

So Muslims consider the Torah a piece of Islamic writings? 
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 5:26am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Yes I understand the root word to mean peace, more wods from the root word:

salam - peace
salima -to be saved or to escape from danger
salama - the stinging of a snake  
Islam - submission

So the Prince of Peace is Muhammad ibn Abdullah Salallahualaihiwassalam The last Prophet of Allah Our Creator.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 3:42pm
No His name is Mohammad and that means - praised one doesn't it? 

According to literal theories of honeto we are looking for Mr. Prince of Peace or in arabic, I think - Amir Salam

Edited by believer - 20 February 2009 at 3:44pm
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 1:50am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

No His name is Mohammad and that means - praised one doesn't it? 

According to literal theories of honeto we are looking for Mr. Prince of Peace or in arabic, I think - Amir Salam

I think if you were to read about the biography of Muhammad the Prophet of Peace, The Last Messenger of God Almighty, I am sure you will shed some tears like I did.

Do you know what was his last words before he died? Ummati...Ummati...Ummati... My ummah (people), my Ummah, my ummah. (he was so worried about the future of his ummah)

And do you know who is his ummah? Those people who were born after he was born. That means us, you and me included.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 6:36am
I place my soul is in the Hands of my GOD not a mere man.
John 3
Eaisha View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eaisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 2:47pm
Minuteman -

I wouldn't trust those NEW Bibles.  Many things have been modified, or completely changed. 

For example, one version "The Everyday Bible" published by Word Publishing  has changed the infamous "666 talents of gold" given to Solomon as "50,000  pounds of gold." [1 Kings 10:14]   Not very reliable. I wouldn't be surprised if the Biblical computer programmes were just as unreliable.   
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 8:42am

Youdon't have as arguement there.  The Bible is about understanding, not just memorizing in a language that you may not understand. 

LOL!!  Putting the language in to something everyone can understand is the beauty of the Bible translations.

Most people that have the "The Everyday Bible" understand that it is just that an everyday common language Bible.  More translations mean a deeper understanding.

Each year Solomon received gold weighing 666 talents, not including revenues from merchants and traders and the Arabian kings and governors of the land.  This equals about 50,000 pounds of gold.  This would be about equal to the weight of ten golden Chevrolet Suburbans or heavy duty pickup trucks.  If gold is valued at $250 per troy ounce, this part of Solomon's yearly income had a value of $182 million. 
John 3
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 2:23am
If someone translate a book from a translation, the meaning may be lost due the different ideas of the translators.

When translating the Quran, translators need to understand the language of the Quran and using this as the basic or foundation for translating. If a person translate what Asad wrote or Sheikh Yusof Qardawi wrote, the meaning may be totally different from the originals.

People translate books into other languages using the original as their foundation.  But this is not true for the Bible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic