IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PLEASE HELP!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 4:47am
Wassalam,

Thank you for your advice and prayers but I'm not in a foreign country. I
was born and raised in the US. He's the foreigner.

Peace,
J.R.
Smile
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 5:46am
Now, but you've been talking about going to Egypt to be with him.  I'm talking about taking them with you when you go, if you go.  But, just the same, I will keep you in my prayers.
J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 6:08am
Salaam Sister,

I never said anything about going to Egypt. He's not even Egyptian.
Maybe you're confused by another thread? He's in the States as well. But
thank you so much for your prayers.

Peace,
J.R.
Smile
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 6:13am

I think Angela watched so many action films that mixing the issues...next time Angela,the next time...

Edited by Suleyman
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

I think Angela watched so many action films that mixing the issues...next time Angela,the next time...

I think Anglea was right on target. I have many friends that are married to Arab Muslims and a lot of them changed once they were in their country. If these women had of done what Anglea said then they could have gotten away easier. And these were not cases of the wife just wanted to leave in the 3 I know of he was beating her daily while the family did nothing.

It was wonderful advise Angela for any woman out there wanting to go to a foreign country.

Lameese

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 1:00am
Hmmm, *blinks*  I think I did mix up threads.  Okay...sorry.    But, its still good advice.  Heck, at the Domestic Violence shelter we always preach having an exit plan. A savings account not know by the spouse, anything.  Often times, even in Christian families, when the woman bails, she only has her children and the clothes on their back.  We tell women to leave a suitcase at a friend's or relative's if she has one and keep important papers like birth certificates and social security cards for her and the children in an easy to reach spot that she can grab in a panic.  Oh well, advice maybe not needed, but the more you know the more you grow, right? 
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 2:43am

Angela,

Do not take offense with Suleyman. I do not think he fully understands and I have never known him to be hurtful or mean in any of his posts. I do not think he understands fully. There is a language barrier and a custom barrier.

And Suleyman, I think your English is coming along wonderfully.

Lameese

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 2:47am

Okay, I'm glad it was a misunderstanding.  My escape plan might be funny but it is very much the one that is taught in thousands of DV shelters across the United States.  The two most important things to have once you are out of the house are your personal papers and money.  Again, I'm glad you weren't taking the meaning lightly, just the idea of an escape plan.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic