IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PLEASE HELP!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 3:00am

I think your escape plan is a good one. Now, getting women to put it into practice is another..........that is where a good friend could come in.

Thanks again for the advise.

Lameese

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 3:27am
Originally posted by Lameese Lameese wrote:

Angela,

Do not take offense with Suleyman. I do not think he fully understands and I have never known him to be hurtful or mean in any of his posts. I do not think he understands fully. There is a language barrier and a custom barrier.

And Suleyman, I think your English is coming along wonderfully.

Lameese

Okay Sister Lameesa,i have to think on the issue(my english) with connecting to leaving the board...this is too much for me saying in an public area that he does not fully understand!...if i don't understand  your words and you don't understand mine then why i am loosing my time in the board?...thanks for everyone....

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 3:41am

I praise to Allah that some deaf persons passed inside of my life as an firend and in any time of life i did not cause any of a problem like giving an impression to them that they can't hear!,i told them like they hear me and they really heard me with the way of tolerance as i did not see in the thread...Allah and His heart in me is great,i should give more time to Him instead of being blushed in an public area by the cause of my absent english(no it is not!)...

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 3:43am

Assalamu alaikum,

An escape plan is an excellent idea for any woman who fears violence might escalate in her home.  Your advice about that is very good, Angela.  Brother Suleyman - when a woman's husband becomes increasingly violent, she never knows when too much will become too much.  A violent man is not about to let his woman just walk away - that is why the escape plan is needed.

You must realize that, at least here in Canada (and I'm sure in many other places), murder is the leading cause of death for women after heart disease and cancer!  And the murderer is almost always her husband/boyfriend/ex.  Domestic violence is a huge problem in the west, and probably in most other places.  Violent men, by their nature, do not want to give up the woman they feel is "theirs".

I went through this for many, many years with my husband.  There was a point when I feared for my life.  To this day, though things are much better, I still keep all my important papers and a bit of money in a secret place so I can "grab and go" if I need to.

Sister J.R., and any of you who live with a man who is prone to bad temper, violence or untrustworthiness - it is very important to follow Angela's advice!  Do keep all your important papers and some money hidden in a place you can get at them if you suddenly need to run.  And do have an escape plan.  Let one or two people that you competely trust know about your plan - if you disappear they can be vital in bringing in the police quickly.

Brother Suleyman, I hope the seriousness of the situation some women find themselves in is a bit clearer to you now.  I know you were only trying to "lighten up" the situation, but domestic violence is something that shouldn't be joked about - it costs too many women their lives.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Okay Sister Lameesa,i have to think on the issue(my english) with connecting to leaving the board...this is too much for me saying in an public area that he does not fully understand!...if i don't understand  your words and you don't understand mine then why i am loosing my time in the board?...thanks for everyone....

Suleyman,

I did not mean to insult you. I was trying to explain to Angela that you were not making fun of her advise and that maybe you did not fully understand what she was trying to say. I am sorry if my post hurt or upset you. I promise I was not trying to insult you.

UmmZiba,

Thank you for explaining it better then I did.

Lameese

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 7:54am

Bismillah,

J.R., I don't think there is any Islaamic reason that you can't divorce him for his zina when you are in different cities.  People get married via proxy as well. 

Why don't you go to a city that is promising for your career or more helpful for your disability, or you have a great muslim support group et cetera?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 9:22am
Assalamu Alaikum,

I thank Angela for her thoughts and know they are words of wisdom for
me and probably lots of other women who may come into this forum. He
is not a violent type at all but I do have my own bank account, one that he
has no access to whatsoever. He and I both agreed that I'd be living alone
where he is and see how things go. I am on disability as I said so I can
afford the rent if I have to and I told him I will look for a job when I get
out there. I'm in a major city now and running out of funds and it's too
expensive here anyway. Where he is I can walk to many places on my
own because obviously I can't drive. There is a university righ tin the
town and am even considering doing some master's work if I can apply
for some scholarships. Maybe my disability can help me with that. I will
see him and I told him I want to meet with the Imam often to see how
things go.
This is what I'm thinking right now. My family still does not want to see
me and I don't have any friends where I am either. I feel this move will be
good even if I do divorce him. I have gone on my job interviews here but
was either not qualified or my vision was too much of a barrier. Insha
Allah I will be luckier somewhere else.
Ilhamdulilah I feel my self-esteem coming back and I know I won't sell
myself short for ANY man. If I feel he's not worth it then I'll go through
with the divorce.

Peace,
J.R.
Smile
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 9:48am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

Brother Suleyman - when a woman's husband becomes increasingly violent, she never knows when too much will become too much.  A violent man is not about to let his woman just walk away - that is why the escape plan is needed.

Brother Suleyman, I hope the seriousness of the situation some women find themselves in is a bit clearer to you now.  I know you were only trying to "lighten up" the situation, but domestic violence is something that shouldn't be joked about - it costs too many women their lives.

Peace, ummziba.

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister Ummziba,

Sister these are the last words can be said to brother Suleyman,i know the meaning of domestic violence,i have been living with my sister(44) and with her two daughter(17+10) for 1,5 years and i have taken them from the hands of an drunkard who were beating them all day...as you know, two weeks ago, i have seeken duas from you for my fire in my heart,it was the fire coming from an wonderful girl i left(cancelled marrying) by the cause of my sister and her two daughter's future,my income is only enough for two family can't resist the third one....I KNOW THE MEANING OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND IT'S RESULTS...

I was joking in the thread by the cause of my real life passing in the realities i can't resist more in islamicity where i take fresh air inside my friends...THE ISSUE WAS NOT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE,IT WAS MY BAD ENGLISH.Sister,have you ever left your love by the cause of your family?,while seeing that she is the other part of your soul and realizing that a sister waiting behind you with her two daughter should be protected by the cause of the domestic violence...have you ever lived while your hairs are getting white and not taking the decision for the step to marriage by the cause of your responsibilites on your family telling nothing to anyone,saving into your breast...

I just need to leave,what a rudeness laughing to one's english level and sister Ummziba i did not hear that you got sorry for the mistake she made....

Why i am wiriting?,i can't full understand the words?,isn't it Lameesa?...i decided to pass my time on the multimedia parts of the islamic sites(Zaytuna.Org)...at least i can push the pause button for full understanding the words...as you know i can't...best regards for every one who speaks from their hearts... i wish i will not turn back,Amin!!!....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic