IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - polygomy  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

polygomy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 6:17pm
Hehe....am sure men can only really cope with one wife...women on the other hand would have no trouble coping with 2 husbandsLOL

LOL, that is because we are really good at multi-tasking... hehe
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
sophykhan View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophykhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 12:58pm
Smile
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Hehe....am sure men can only really cope with one wife...women on the other hand would have no trouble coping with 2 husbandsLOL

LOL, that is because we are really good at multi-tasking... hehe

Very true Hayfa. I mean how many men i.e. can vacuum, dust, wash dishes and cook a meal all at the same time?Wink......and still go food shop!...all in the space of an hour!!
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 2:20am
How dare you say such a thing to me. Just because I decided to not stay with my husband doesn't mean i have weak iman. You have such a judgemental and holire than thou attitude. And you know what sister, if you dont have anything good to say just keep quiet. OK!

Edited by ZEA J - 23 September 2009 at 11:52pm
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 6:34am
Sister Zea,
DOn't worry about some comments...SOme Sisters are a little harsh I know.
I think you have shown great courage to divorce your husband. Whatever you feel is best for you is fine. I don;t think Nur Ilahi has to share her husband with another woman, so I don't think she fully understands.
Salaams

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:31am

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah

Sisters may Allah forgive us. There are two kinds of topics: 1- Islamic issues 2- non- Islamic (social- medical.. and so on)

As Muslims, when Allah says or states that something is permitted or forbidden we have to accept it immediately and never argue about it. If we are Muslims, then everything form Allah is to be fine, correct, fair and accepted, otherwise we are not true Muslims.

Quraan: 2.85   Then is it only a part of the Book that ye believe in,

and do ye reject the rest? but what is the reward for those among you who behave

like  this but disgrace in this life?- and on the Day of Judgment they shall be, consigned t

o  the most grievous penalty. For God is not unmindful of what ye do.

If we accept the part that we like in Islam and reject the part that we feel it difficult, then the previous eye tells about us. 

Dears, this is the true religion that Allah has chosen for us and Has put everything fair and right. But sometimes our human minds just do not understand it.

Please fear Allah and do not dare to argue about our basic rules which are stated by Allah. Hijab, polygamy are like hajj and praying all are form Allah. And we are not Muslims if we do not believe in them form Allah and accept them even without trying to ask why.

(4.65  But no, by the Lord, they can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee  judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance, against Thy  decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction.)

But in some cases, some women are so weak and sensitive to handle polygamy. And in this case, this is out of her control. She goes to the judge and explain her situation. For any excuse like what the sister said that she fears to commit a sin.

Frankly,I do not care if you disagree with me!! Actually, when this is from Allah's religion, we do not even argue. Maybe I care of your opinion  in the issues which are related to our life, work, social problems, family life and so on but WHEN ALLAH SAYS TO SOMETHING YES I AND YOU HAVE TO SAY: WE ACCEPT and never argue. We educate the person who ask in a good way and tell  that Allah knows the best.

(33.36  It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been ,  decided by God and His Apostle to have any option about their decision: if any one  disobeys God and His Apostle, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.)

May Allah forgive me and you and guide us into the way of true believers. 

I know some of you will say because of the Saudi culture or I do not understand because I am not married or because I do not how women feel.

I am not married but I understand when the woman loves her husband and, she can not imagine he thinks about another woman and it kills her to think of sleeping with another woman. I am a woman and I understand. But  polygamy is from Allah, we believe in Him and accept everything form Him. It is not the mater of arguing.

I am the most jealous and if my hubby wanted another wife I will let him do it and accept it but as a human being I know I will cry and feel sad for some time,  but before and after everything, I love Allah more the any man and Allah wants this so I want it and accept it.

There are some suggested reasons answering why polygamy is good for the society. I have studied them before but I am sorry I am not free now. But I will soon post them to answer the question.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 23 September 2009 at 10:42am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 9:41am
Aslaam Alaikum Full of Hopes

I pray you had a wonderful Eid.

I agree it is not up to any Muslim to make what is halal- haram.  Some people honestly get confused with the parameters to any marriage. All women and men have Rights and Responsibilities. We read on the internet or hear from someone else and we end up gonig down the wrong path.  We do have to accept that polygyny is one option.  And the blessing of Allah is we can choose. A husband may marry another wife and the 1st or 2nd or 3rd can say it is a hardship for them to live this way. What a true blessing of Allah!   You know in Catholicism, you could not divorce. Yes it is not recommended in Islam but it is allowed.

The blessing of Islam is that often we have choices. Women and Men can choose to be in polygyny or not. But it is not up to any of us to say it is haram.

Allah is most merciful!

Hayfa

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 11:36am
Salaams,

I don't think anyone here said that polygyny is haram. But khula is not haram either and thanks to Allah's Mercy women have the option of leaving a situation that they personally cannot abide.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic