IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I’m so angry  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I’m so angry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m so angry
    Posted: 30 July 2005 at 8:09am

A woman is being executed for killing a man who was trying to rape her. I don't get it. She was protecting her honor as a Muslim woman. I'm sure most women would do the same; I know that I would. The family of the man (who was going to rape the woman) refuses to forgive the woman and is pushing for the execution date. Everyone in the community is begging the family to forgive the woman. Excuse me; but I think that the mans family should be embarrassed not angry. My question would be to them "'what if it was your sister''? I'm really angry about this subject; What do you sister think about this one?

Oh yeah, the woman has 3 children

J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 8:27am
Assalamu Alaikum,

I totally agree and am equally outraged. The woman was acting in self-
defense. PERIOD!! To me, attempting to rape someone is the same as
attempting to murder someone. When a woman is protectinng herself in
fear of rape she is also defending herself from not only rape, but also
battery, and possible murder after the rape is complete. How often to
rapists end up killing their victims? If I was being raped, I'd be defending
myself as if someone were trying to kill me. This type of defense is
totally permissable. Yes, i totally think the man's family would be
whistling a different tune if it was their daughter or sister, mother, aunt,
etc., who was raped. If it was proven that the man was trying to rape her,
then she had every right to defend herself. The man could have stopped
at any time.

J.R.
Smile
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 8:45am
Thank you for that sister JR, I feel so helpless for not being to help her. Alot of men involved, but the family is pushing for death and want it soon.I also agree with what you said about rape and murder.
MayPB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 4:16pm

This is not right, not the right way at all! Muslims have a big problem  with following the "Sharia Law" point by point, so literal they have forgotten that as muslims we are responsible for making decisions with reason. The judge has to hold the man responsible for his actions or she will be unjustly punished! I think that people have a horrible way of messing things up, this is an example, this is a country governed by Sharia Law?

May

Saido View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 8:48pm

Asalamu Alaykum

Where did this event take place?

ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 10:43pm
Saudi
Lost somewhere in the Middle East.
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 11:32pm

This is a country goverened by a "Royal Family" not religious law. This is a horrible sad case. And where is her family and her brothers and father?

This just teaches a woman that if something like this happens to her, she had better keep her mouth shut because no one is going to help her at all...............

It it amazing the abuse suffered by women at the hand of men.

Lameese

Edited by Lameese
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 6:03am
i agree
Lost somewhere in the Middle East.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic