IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - eye brows  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

eye brows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummyasmeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 12:24pm

As salaamu alaykum,

I believe that is the problem with so many muslims trying to justify who and why someone will go to the hell fire when it clearly says cursed are the women who pluck their eyebrows or adds hair into her hair. Remember Prophet Mohammed Sallawho Alayhe wa salaam said he seen the hell fire and most of the dwellers were women because of their tongues

Umm yasmeen

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 3:43pm

Bismillah,

Um Yasmeen, there is no problem.  You see things your way, and we see things our way.  Yet we are all Muslims who love the pillars of Islaam and our prophets from Adam AWS to Muhammad pbuh.

There is no compulsion in religion.  We have a common love.  Let's emphasize that while we share our ideas, motivations, opinions, and realities.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ummyasmeen View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummyasmeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 8:03pm

As salaamu alaykum

I have found some proofs on this subject insha allah it may be as so to clear up any Opinions and thoughts

Question :

I have come across various Islamic articles & write-ups that have spoken against shaving of hair on eyebrows amongst other areas of the body. I however need clarification on this does this shaving refer to TOTAL shaving? Am I allowed to reduce the amount of hair by mere shaping ? I have very bushy eyebrows that need trimming as it makes my face look crowded.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.  

We will quote for you the fatwas issued by the scholars concerning the ruling on removing hair from the eyebrows and hair from the rest of the body. 

Shaykh Ibn �Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: �If removing hair from the eyebrows is done by plucking, this is namas (plucking the eyebrows) and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the naamisah (the woman who plucks eyebrows) and the mutanammisah (the woman who has her eyebrows plucked). This is a major sin, and women are singled out in this ruling because they are the ones who usually do this, for the purpose of beautification, but if a man were to do it he would also be cursed, just as a woman is cursed for doing this, Allaah forbid. 

If hair is removed from the eyebrows by a method other than plucking, such as by cutting or shaving, some of the scholars regard this as being the same as plucking, because it is changing the creation of Allaah, so there is no difference between plucking, cutting or shaving. This is undoubtedly more on the safe side, so a person must avoid that, whether man or woman.� 

(Quoted from Fataawa �Ulama� al-Balad al-Haraam, p. 577) 

The following question was mentioned in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa�imah (5/196): 

A young woman has very thick eyebrows that make her look bad. This girl was forced to shave part of the area between the eyebrows and to reduce the rest so that she will look acceptable to her husband. 

The Committee replied: 

�It is not permissible to shave the eyebrows or reduce then, because that is the namas (plucking) for which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does it and the one who asks for it to be done. What you must do is repent and pray for forgiveness for what you have done in the past, and beware of that in the future. 

Another question (5/195) was put to the Committee: 

Namas means removing some of the hair of the eyebrows, and is not permitted, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the woman who plucks her eyebrows and the one who has that done, but it is permissible for a woman to remove a beard or moustache, if one grows, or hair from her legs or arms.� 

The hadeeth which says that the woman who plucks the eyebrows or who has that done is cursed was narrated by al-Bukhaari (4886) and Muslim (2125), from the hadeeth of �Abd-Allaah ibn Mas�ood (may Allaah be pleased with him). 

The point is that it is haraam to remove any hair from the eyebrows, whether all the hair is removed by shaving, or some of it is removed by cutting. Anything apart from that is permissible, such as removing hair from the arms and legs, and the area between the eyebrows. The following appeared in Fataawa al-Lajnah (5/197): 

Question: What is the ruling on plucking the hair between the eyebrows? 

Answer: It is permissible to pluck it, because it is not part of the eyebrows. 

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)
MayPB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 5:50pm

If you are trying to follow a "sunnah" path and see someone who might be in error, by your definition, why not just be polite and not say anything, I think remarks about hair plucking, nail polish and beard length is cloddish.

Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummyasmeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 7:28pm

As salaamu alaykum

It is not by my definition it is that of the prophet Mohammed (saw) and as far as correcting or saying I shouldnt say something

Question :

What is the ruling on a case when, if you tell a man or a woman, �What you are doing is haraam� � such as telling a woman not to wear short clothes, or telling a man not to smoke cigarettes � they reply by saying that everyone does that, or that all the women in our country dress this way?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah. 

The response that you describe is wrong, and the people�s evil actions cannot be justified. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

And if you obey most of those on the earth, they will mislead you far away from Allaah�s path� [al-An�aam 6:116]

Rulings on what is halaal and what is haraam are taken from the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), not from what people do, because people may be wrong or they may be right.

I dont make the rules I only hear and obey insha allah.

Umm Yasmeen

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 6:01am

Bismillah,

The least of charity is a smile!

We should be respectful of each other's differences.  If you know someone who wants to follow a certain school of thought and they would appreciate learning that way, then that's a great idea to tell them. 

When people constantly told me not to do this or that when I just wanted to go to the Mosque and pray with my fellow Muslimah, I didn't want to go there much anymore.  I found kind Muslimahs and went to their houses to meet and pray instead.

I know sisters who are driven away from the Mosque by people, who have many of their own faults, insist on telling them the same things over and over again.  Let's use discretion and love and lots of smiles when we talk to each other.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummyasmeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 6:23am

As salaamu alaykum

I agree with you I see sisters all the time who should be corrected but when it comes time to just say well its a new day and era or etc then thats when I disagree..there are many schools of thoughts out there but the main is Quran and sunnah. I know when I became muslim I like the fact that people corrected me because I truly did not know and I think that is the hikmah behind to inform the uninformed but when you have done that once and they choose to ignore it then thats between them and their rabb insha allah

Aisha umm yasmeen

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 11:09am

There is a difference between helping and educating and bashing people over the head with something again and again...

And all helping should be done with grace and humility.... 

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic