IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim Woman Pleads Guilty  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim Woman Pleads Guilty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 10:31pm

I saw it on a video when I was taking shooting classes.  Unfortunately that was years ago so I don't know where the video came from.  I will see if I can't find the evidence for you.

How often in your line of work do you see a person only shot once.  I certainly have heard too many cases.  I could give you a thousand news stories where the person was shot numerous times, but once, that is harder to do.

As for whether she was sane or not, I don't recall saying she was one way or another.  I don't know where you got that I said she wasn't sane.  I just made a point about the two shots.  I clearly stated it wasn't for me to say what her state of mind was.  Please don't put words in my mouth.

Edited by Salams_wife - 25 May 2008 at 10:33pm
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 10:33pm
People can kill someone and be a  Muslim. And ultimately that is up to Allah to judge. And people can sin and be of that faith.

My Allah have mercy on all of us.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 10:35pm
Anecdotal statements does not account for truth.

I'm not saying what your saying is not entirely false, I'm merely saying it is not accurate. In my experiences under duress, thre have been many cases where I've found the victim to have shot only once (there was even one lady who killed the intruder with one single shot from her 9mm semiauto). Of course there are cases where if under attack, the victim shoots multiple times (although the shots are inaccurate due to heavy fear).
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 10:39pm
So what you are saying is the vast majority of murders are done with only one round?  I just want to clarify.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 12:52am
No I'm saying it depends on the situation.
Mystical View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

(AP) A woman pleaded guilty Friday to third-degree murder for killing her bigamist husband in August, hours before he was to fly to Morocco to visit his new, second wife.

Myra Morton, 48, resented the marriage and her husband's plans to have children with the younger woman. She shot her spouse of 25 years, Jereleigh Morton, twice in the head while he slept, and blamed the crime on an intruder.

She faces about five to 20 years in prison.

Defense lawyers acknowledge the crime was intentional, but say it stemmed from the damaged psyche of a humiliated, aging woman still depressed over the death of a teenage child years earlier.

"The idea that this man was now going to marry another woman, and provide her with money that came from a dead child's lawsuit recovery, was too much to bear," lawyer Brian McMonagle said.

Mystical says "GOOD FOR HER!!" Am I condoning her killing her husband?...of course not but I can understand it 'cause put in the same situation what woman wouldnt want to KILL her disrespectful husband? Now that she is old and grey and no doubt he's middle aged wanting a younger woman she is discarded to the side without any consideration for the 25yrs of faithful service she has rendered to her husband. You betcha that can drive a woman  temporarily insane. May Allah judge her mercifully.

Muslim men have killed their daughters/cousins/wives (honor killings) for much less and gotten away with it.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2008 at 1:14am
She was neither old nor grey. I saw the photos of her when the story was first published.

I can understand her agony at not wanting another woman to benefit from her dead child's blood money, but she could have easily divorced him. If she had stated polygamy as the reason for divorce she propbably could have gotten a large portion of the money and she'd be sitting pretty right now instead of in jail.

Islam does not allow honor killings and the practice is common among many cultures and religions, including Christians in Arab and Asian cultures. It is cultural, not religious.  A surprising number of men are the victims of honor killings also. They usually just don't make the headlines.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Mystical View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2008 at 1:47am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

She was neither old nor grey. I saw the photos of her when the story was first published.

I can understand her agony at not wanting another woman to benefit from her dead child's blood money, but she could have easily divorced him. If she had stated polygamy as the reason for divorce she propbably could have gotten a large portion of the money and she'd be sitting pretty right now instead of in jail.

Islam does not allow honor killings and the practice is common among many cultures and religions, including Christians in Arab and Asian cultures. It is cultural, not religious.  A surprising number of men are the victims of honor killings also. They usually just don't make the headlines.

In her husband eye she was "old and grey". As a wife of 25yrs he had no respect for her as a wife. Unless you have lived in her shoes how do you know she would be sitting pretty instead of in jail. Could be she is happier with her husband dead and she in jail then having to tolerate looking at her husband making a fool of her in front of a younger woman. I see polygamy as legalised adultery which is granted to men only which is not only sexist but very demeaning to the non-consensual wife.  

"A surprising number of men are victims of honor killing too"

I'm not surprised as the penalty of leaving Islam is death. Care to elaborate?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic