IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Chocolate, I love it and hate it!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chocolate, I love it and hate it!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 8:10am

I REALLY love chocolate and lately have started eating the really dark chocolates that are at least 70% cocoa.

That yummy happy feeling is serotonin, the body's feel-good chemical and chocolate releases it. The more cocoa, the happier you feel...

Maybe our cravings for choclate at "that time" is a way to protect everyone around us. We eat the chocolate and instantly get happy.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 9:53am
Chocolate is a major food group in my estimation.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
firewall3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2006 at 12:23am
just now on TV, the gynae said if you want baby boys -- try eating more seafood. while of you want baby girls, try eating more chocolates! apparently, the sperm, which has XY chromosome, the Y-chromosome strives better in alchaline environment, while the X stands better in acidic. chocolates can help the acidic level.

of course you should do this just before conception.

as a woman, i don't eat chocolates much, sorry. i love it on ocassions still.

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2006 at 7:17am
See, we were born to love chocolate!!!!!! It's in our pre-genes.
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2006 at 9:50pm

Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Chocolate is a major food group in my estimation.

my Godmother's sentiments to

I good go for some chocolate cake right now with choc icing of course  but I'll have to settle for a walnut/fruit bun

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2006 at 10:00pm

To all the chocolate lovers, some very very bad news    (  )

In rare flop, Starbucks scraps chocolate drink

Fri Feb 10, 1:01 PM ET

Starbucks Corp. (Nasdaq:SBUX - news) on Friday said it would stop selling Chantico, a rich chocolate drink introduced with much fanfare last year, because it was not adaptable to different customer tastes.

In a rare flop for the fast-growing No. 1 coffee shop chain, Chantico was pulled from Starbucks' menu in January, a year after its introduction, spokesman Alan Hilowitz said.

Described as "a drinkable dessert," Chantico resembled the thick, sweet hot chocolate found in European cafes but was only available without any variations in a 6-ounce size.

In the end, that limitation irked customers who are used to dictating not only the size of their lattes and cappuccinos, but also whether they want regular or decaf coffee, non-fat, whole or soy milk, sugar-free or regular flavor shots, and even extras like whipped cream and caramel.

"It was something that customers did like, but they wanted to be able to do something else with it," Hilowitz said. "We wanted to go back and give customers what they are looking for."

The chain is testing other kinds of chocolate beverages and food offerings, Hilowitz said, but added that they were unlikely to resemble the now-defunct Chantico.

"I wouldn't say (it will be) a replacement for or a Chantico-like product," Hilowitz said. "I'd say kind of the next evolution of what an indulgent product would be at Starbucks."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060210/bs_nm/leisure_starbucks_ chantico_dc

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2006 at 10:18pm

Originally posted by firewall3 firewall3 wrote:

just now on TV, the gynae said if you want baby boys -- try eating more seafood. while of you want baby girls, try eating more chocolates! apparently, the sperm, which has XY chromosome, the Y-chromosome strives better in alchaline environment, while the X stands better in acidic. chocolates can help the acidic level.

of course you should do this just before conception.

as a woman, i don't eat chocolates much, sorry. i love it on ocassions still.

Wow firewall.  I'll have to tell my sister-in-law to start eating seafood.  My brother wants 10 sons, and so far he's only got one son and two daughters.  Thanks for the tip.  If it doesn't work for them, I'll just say I got the idea from one of my cyber sisters (just kidding).

Salaam

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 7:55am

Bismillah,

Give up mayonaisse, but never chocolate!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic