IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I’m so BORED!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I’m so BORED!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 5:55am

Originally posted by Moona Moona wrote:

I was so lonely before I got married,I HAD thought that once I married,I would have my husband to go do fun things with

Yes, a mistake that many many women make

About the pet issue, since you have only a year, what about a couple of fishes

Your mission if you choose to take it:

Write a list of all the things you can do.

Another list with all the things you want to do, like the aquaruim. And do them, ok you can't have a pet, so don't add that, perhaps the fishes thou.

What about painting/drawing. Crafty things like sewing/knitting/croching/card making etc. These do require some money. If you don't want to spend a lot, are there things around the house that you can use, or go to a community course where its not that expensive.

write a list of free things you can do and see and do them.  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:17am
We all have high expectations when we get married, I had too!

Unfortunately some men do not understand certain needs. Like spending quality time with wives and doing fun things, it strengthens our relationship. But don't fret sis!

Make loads of dua to Allah to inspire your husband, it always works! Saying from personal experience!

And yes, try to keep yourself busy by involving yourself in things the sisters have suggested.

Also i guess men like women, who do a little things on their own (would the brothers reading this, agree??) so go out and enjoy yourself, we pray your husband will soon join you!!

Take care.........may Allah make it easy for you!....wassalam

ps- keeping fish at home as pets sounds lovely to me!!
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:20am
I too would love to keep a cat as a pet, but my husband would not allow it........so i just decided that i love my husband more than cats so i have to let go of cats!!
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:40am

One thing I do is I voulnteer at the local animal shelter a couple of hours a week. Even if you cannot have a pet you can do a good thing by helping out.  The kitties and dogs need attention. Their lives are tough and it can do a world of good to give them some attention.

Dogs, from what I understand are generally unclean. So I just shower when I return home.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:48am
I agree volunteering is the best, I did volunteering for like 6 months. Its not becaue I was bored, its because you need damn 48 hours to graduate from high school.

Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:17pm
Dear Sister,

I hope that your situation gets better inshallah. As I had read your post, I thought of something that you can do if your husband wouldn't mind. Since you like dogs, there are some people that wouldn't mind if you could walk their dog or dogs. (Some elderly people or even some people just don't always have time to walk their dog much). Or if some people in your neighborhood needs someone to watch their animals while they are out of town, you can try it! You could make flyers or put an advertisement in the paper on whatever you want to decide.

Sister, please be strong in your situation. May Allah help you and your husband have a good future ahead of you.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
Moona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

go to the aquarium..  you need a break.

Well! I Finally did it! After my husband left for work today,I got in my car,and drove the 45 minute drive to the aquarium! I had a lovely time. I sat and watched the sea turtles,sharks,and other sea creatures.I had fun! I wish my husband could have come with me,but really I think I had a better time without him.I love him tons,but he can be a drag sometimes.If he isnt having fun,I cant have a good time either. I think the aquarium just isnt his thing. Anyway,I am going to find other fun things to do,maybe sometime's he will join me,but if he doesnt want to,or cant,I will go alone. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!   ---Moona
Moonie
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 1:41pm

Good for you, I love seahorses.  (Did you know in Sea Horses the males give birth????)

Moona.....have you ever tried a pottery class or another crafting class.  They usually meet only like once a week or month?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic