IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is using grocery coupons Halal?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is using grocery coupons Halal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 8:08pm

Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

Is breathing haram? Just wondering.......... It seems we will go to no end in discussing what is haram and halal. Isn't this what the Jews did along time ago and made thier rules so complex that actually God became upset with them??

No sister, breathing is not haram, and neither is discussing it on the board, especially amongst sisters and friends, and I do believe Allah (swt) approves of us questioning things we do not understand, especially when someone interferes with a discussion of sisters outside a masjid and tell us we shouldn't do it. Should I go to a Christian clergyman or a Jewish Rabbi for such a question as this? I understand your concern in our questioning of this, one sister already gave us the hadith quoted above and that settled it. but Our Holy Book was revealed in a time when technology was different, it is amazing how it still applies to circumstances today. What is the use of this forum if we aren't inquisitive? Jazak'allah for the people who gave us this forum!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 4:24am

Is breathing haram? Just wondering.......... It seems we will go to no end in discussing what is haram and halal. Isn't this what the Jews did along time ago and made thier rules so complex that actually God became upset with them??

Bismillah,

Subhanna AllahulAtheem!  I guess that depends on if the air has pork grease smoke in it or not!  Yeah, I heard that somewhere that's what the disobedient Jews had done.  I think, wait it's coming to me... The Holy Quran told us that!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Subhanna AllahulAtheem!  I guess that depends on if the air has pork grease smoke in it or not!  Yeah, I heard that somewhere that's what the disobedient Jews had done.  I think, wait it's coming to me... The Holy Quran told us that!

Now snorting pork smoke is haram!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 5:19pm
In Christianity, it is stopping breathing that is "haram".

If we do that, God kills us almost instantly.

Edited by DavidC
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 10:11pm

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

See, another thing our two religions have in common. I'm betting this is the case in the Jewish religion also.

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 8:29am
I used this sarcasm to point out that we spend way too much time debating very small things and whether they are haram or not. Meanwhile the world is in shambles and women and children are really suffering all over. I wish people would get the big picture and stop focusing on minute small things that make being muslim harder and harder, and more complicated than ever. Lets talk about what we can do, what is good for a change. Like treating your wife kindly, being a good neighbor, giving your child a good education. It seems people here have little interest in those topics that are mentioned over and over in the Quran. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

See, another thing our two religions have in common. I'm betting this is the case in the Jewish religion also.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 10:41am

I used this sarcasm to point out that we spend way too much time debating very small things and whether they are haram or not. Meanwhile the world is in shambles and women and children are really suffering all over. I wish people would get the big picture and stop focusing on minute small things that make being muslim harder and harder, and more complicated than ever. Lets talk about what we can do, what is good for a change. Like treating your wife kindly, being a good neighbor, giving your child a good education. It seems people here have little interest in those topics that are mentioned over and over in the Quran. Peace

Bismillah,

Ameen!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic