IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - chastity, virginity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

chastity, virginity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 12:43pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

You have only to look at the wives of the Prophet(PBUH) for guidance in this matter. All of his wives were widowed or divorced except two: Aisha and Miriam.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
umsami View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umsami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 12:46pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

Yes, I think it's because women who have had other partners may do some compairing... and they might not measure up :)  In general, a woman's first experience (especially if the hymen hasn't ruptured) is not that great.. so one would think one would not want to be the guy to do the deed.  (Note: Be sure to pack some KY Jelly for your honeymoon if your'e a virgin... it will make things much easier.) 

I've also seen some pretty big age differences... where the guy is in his late 20s and the girl is just out of high school.  That is warped, IMHO.  Wouldn't sunnah be to make your first wife 15 years older than you? :)

No guy can tell, by the way... although they all think they can. (Of course, if she's had children...there is a difference.) The hymen often ruptures beforehand... and there may/may not be blood.  Although everybody expects some blood.  There is actually booming business among plastic surgeons to do a hymen-repair operation... sigh... it saddens me that Sisters go to such lengths.

Men are supposed to be virgins as well.  I will say that I met more Muslim virgins (male and female) then I ever met of any other religion.

I was a revert... and some men asked, others did not... others assumed that because I was American and older (late 20s), I must have had many partners... which wasn't the truth.  Still, most assume that all Americans are promiscuous.

Technically, once you make shahadah... you are clean again.... so they have no business asking.

Peace.

Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 2:57am
Originally posted by umsami umsami wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum:

Men are supposed to be virgins as well.  I will say that I met more Muslim virgins (male and female) then I ever met of any other religion.

Peace.

Good point sister.  The rules of chasity apply to men too.  I think the only reason why so many men get off the hook is that the families of many women don't inquire about such things.

When my brother-in-law came to ask to marry my sister, he got the third degree.  First my dad grilled him, then my big brother finished him off.   My brother assured my mom that the guy was a virgin.   We also did an extensive background  check on the brother.  

Salaam

schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 10:48am
i think the reasons are more important than the incidents.

Edited by schwester
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum:

You have only to look at the wives of the Prophet(PBUH) for guidance in this matter. All of his wives were widowed or divorced except two: Aisha and Miriam.

Assalamu Alaikum:

Bravo sister Mish, you are right! The prophet (pbuh) so loved his first wife, Kadija who was a widow and 15 years his senior, that he never took any other wife until after her death! Some people seem to forget that! 

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum:

Assalamu Alaikum:

Bravo sister Mish, you are right! The prophet (pbuh) so loved his first wife, Kadija who was a widow and 15 years his senior, that he never took any other wife until after her death! Some people seem to forget that! 

You know, the marriage between Khadijah and Muhammed (pbuh) was a wonderful model of a perfect, loving and respectful marriage.  She was an independent woman who was supportive to her husband and cared for him in his struggles.  He loved her and respected her and was not afraid to show that to others.  We should all model our marriages off of ones like this.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 9:22am

Where do you find this?  Is it in a hadith????

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 9:28am
I think this is a source from Israiliat for agitating the Christians against to Muslims,Brother Salman,where you have heard these words?,i really wonder...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic